TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

Guest alkalinorap

TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official of TeamWin for U8815/U8815N/U8818

2kqxpy.jpg

This is the official post of TWRP for our model and go up the new versions, updates and changelogs here.

DOWNLOAD FOR GB & ICS:

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/49be144252/

Instructions/Installation methods:

Method 1: Download the .zip and flash it in CWM giving Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard, select the zip and give it to Yes.

Method 2: Install GooManager (can be found in the Play Store), open it and once inside it, clicking the menu button and select Install OpenRecoveryScript, give Yes and will show the .img to be flash, give it to Yes and automatically download and install the recovery in the end we will get the message: "Recovery has been installed". (I recommend using this method because it is faster and easier)

Method 3: Download the .img file in a official page of TWRP (links below) and install it as you installed CWM the first time.

Method 4: Install it in Fastboot mode directly downloading this zip http://www.solidfiles.com/d/a274e35b2f/, unzip it in a folder, turn off the phone and put it in Fastboot mode by pressing Vol- and Power at a time for a few seconds and release, it will have been stuck on the logo of Huawei. Now connect your phone to your PC and open the file "install-recovery-windows.bat". Once installed, the phone will automatically restart. Credits to Kra1o5 by the installer.

Official Link of Goo.im where they will upload all new versions and changelogs: http://goo.im/devs/O...Recovery/u8815

Sources: https://github.com/T...e_huawei_u8815/

Credits to Kra1o5, Dees_Troy, Dazzozo and Fagulhas for making this project possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGELOGS:

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest jsevi83

[sorry if not properly written, I don't control English well and I used Google Translator]

Thanks a lot, and don't worry, i think you control English very well. :P

Edited by jsevi83

Guest Higgy69

I have just installed this on my ASUS TF101 tablet.

It seems the recommended Recovery for installing JB ROMS without problems. I read somewhere what with JB having 'User Profiles' the recovery/file structure is more complex now.

Nice Work.

Great work. Thanks to Kra1o5 and all those involved. I really like TWRP, I use it on my nexus 7 - the ability to optionally select exactly which partitions you wish to backup and having the option to compress the backup is a huge improvement over CWM for me.

I just hope this version is more stable than the previous G300 release. The v2.2.0 was a bit unstable for me and refused to install certain roms. I'll be giving this a try though. :)

Edited by Cyda

I've just tried it and it seems to work well. The only downside for me is that there is no option to backup & restore the 2gb internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) which I'm sure the previous version by Sebastian had.

Back to your CWM v5 for me. :(

Guest alkalinorap

I've just tried it and it seems to work well. The only downside for me is that there is no option to backup & restore the 2gb internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p19) which I'm sure the previous version by Sebastian had.

Back to your CWM v5 for me. :(

I will communicate this to the developer and then comment here on what he told me, thanks for the notification.

I will communicate this to the developer and then comment here on what he told me, thanks for the notification.

It might not be something that they want adding to official builds as this is pretty much a G300 idiosyncrasy. It shouldn't be hard to add that extra feature though, Kra1os' CWM v5 has this option, as does Seb's TWRP v2.

Edited by Cyda

Guest alkalinorap

It might not be something that they want adding to official builds as this is pretty much a G300 idiosyncrasy. It shouldn't be hard to add that extra feature though, Kra1os' CWM v5 has this option, as does Seb's TWRP v2.

He already has answered me and this is his response: There's a pair of radio buttons on the backup page, one for use internal storage. Select that & backup will go to internal.

What do you think of this?

He already has answered me and this is his response: There's a pair of radio buttons on the backup page, one for use internal storage. Select that & backup will go to internal.

What do you think of this?

Thanks for the reply but it is not the same thing. That allows you to change the backup location to the internal storage, not actually back up that partition.

I am referring to having the ability to optionally backup & restore /dev/block/mmcblk0p19. As I said above, this might not be a feature they want to add to official builds but after using Kra1os's CWM v5 for so long and getting used to having this feature it is a bit of a necessity for me know due to the amount of roms/repacks I flash on this phone.

Edit: It may help if I explain why I actually want to back & restore /dev/block/mmcblk0p19. I use this mod here which allows me to use that partition for app storage - basically as an additional /data partition so need it to be treated in the exact same way as the /data partition regarding backups and restores. This feature is already available in the G300 CWM v4 and v5 as well as Seb's TWRP v2. I'm currently using Kra1os's CWM v5 specifically because of this feature.

Edited by Cyda

Guest alkalinorap

Thanks for the reply but it is not the same thing. That allows you to change the backup location to the internal storage, not actually back up that partition.

I am referring to having the ability to optionally backup & restore /dev/block/mmcblk0p19. As I said above, this might not be a feature they want to add to official builds but after using Kra1os's CWM v5 for so long and getting used to having this feature it is a bit of a necessity for me know due to the amount of roms/repacks I flash on this phone.

Edit: It may help if I explain why I actually want to back & restore /dev/block/mmcblk0p19. I use this mod here which allows me to use that partition for app storage - basically as an additional /data partition so need it to be treated in the exact same way as the /data partition regarding backups and restores. This feature is already available in the G300 CWM v4 and v5 as well as Seb's TWRP v2 and v2.2.

Oh, I understand you. Anyway if I have a chance I'll tell him, but I think it is what you say: Maybe it's a feature that they don't usually add in the official versions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, greetings.

No need to apologise. I appreciate your time and effort on this. :)

Yes, easy to add this feature. i take a look.

CWM5 is updated to new version previous version had one big issue with SD-ext error.

I recommendded you updated to the latest.

Check my signature for download (Now is compatible with CM OTA too).

Yes, easy to add this feature. i take a look.

CWM5 is updated to new version previous version had one big issue with SD-ext error.

I recommendded you updated to the latest.

Check my signature for download (Now is compatible with CM OTA too).

You're a star! I'll flash your new v5 now. :)

Edit: I've just followed the link in your signature and it seem to link to TWRP by mistake and not CWM v5.

Edited by Cyda

You're a star! I'll flash your new v5 now. :)

Edit: I've just followed the link in your signature and it seem to link to TWRP by mistake and not CWM v5.

Ups a repair it now.

Good News! Now here the Official Support for TWRP: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/136

Cyda this version had backup option of internal memory.

EDIT: link fixed for CWM5

Edited by Kra1o5

Ups a repair it now.

Good News! Now here the Official Support for TWRP: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/136

Cyda this version had backup option of internal memory.

EDIT: link fixed for CWM5

Brilliant work, and fast too. :D

A little feedback:

There may be an issue with installing via goomanager. Can someone else verify this? I am on CM10 and I tried to install TWRP 2.3.3.1 via goomanager and it seemed to work but when I booted in to recovery I still had my old CWM version installed. So I tried it a few more times and each time it appeared to work but each time I still had the original one still installed. In the end I downloaded it and flashed it from recovery and it worked first time.

On the wipe menu, there is no option to wipe internal sd. You might want to add this.

Just doing a bit more testing now. I've installed a rom fine with this version and I'm just about to try a backup & restore. Looking really good overall though. :)

Edit: Backup and restore all went fine, internal storage included. Many thanks Kra1os - yet again great work from you.

I really love the compress backup option in this recovery - my nandroid backups with all apps installed are typically around 1gb but with compression enabled it shrinks to around 700mb and that makes a huge difference to space once you have a few backups stacked up on your sdcard.

Edited by Cyda

Brilliant work, and fast too. :D

A little feedback:

There may be an issue with installing via goomanager. Can someone else verify this? I am on CM10 and I tried to install TWRP 2.3.3.1 via goomanager and it seemed to work but when I booted in to recovery I still had my old CWM version installed. So I tried it a few more times and each time it appeared to work but each time I still had the original one still installed. In the end I downloaded it and flashed it from recovery and it worked first time.

On the wipe menu, there is no option to wipe internal sd. You might want to add this.

Just doing a bit more testing now. I've installed a rom fine with this version and I'm just about to try a backup & restore. Looking really good overall though. :)

Edit: Backup and restore all went fine, internal storage included. Many thanks Kra1os - yet again great work from you.

I really love the compress backup option in this recovery - my nandroid backups with all apps installed are typically around 1gb but with compression enabled it shrinks to around 700mb and that makes a huge difference to space once you have a few backups stacked up on your sdcard.

No wipe option because now is appdata partition. if you want format this partition use updater-script or via terminal in TWRP.

Greetings & thanks for the feedback

Edited by Kra1o5

No wipe option because now is appdata partition. if you want format this partition use updater-script or via terminal in TWRP.

Greetings & thanks for the feedback

I notice that the partition is wiped before being restored so a separate wipe option might not be needed anyway.

Guest alkalinorap

21/12/2012: Due to problems that users have to install the TWRP by Goomanager, I talked to the developer and he will replace the .img file for a .zip to flash correctly.

Thanks a lot Cyda, but there was a flashable zip in the first post already (mediafire link), this new change is only for Goomanager users.

I see. Well, you have a mirror then. :)

Edit: Not sure if you are aware of it but your download link in the first post no longer works - it shows as deleted.

Edited by Cyda

Guest alkalinorap

I see. Well, you have a mirror then. :)

Edit: Not sure if you are aware of it but your download link in the first post no longer works - it shows as deleted.

Oh, it's true, link fixed. Thanks ^^