Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3447 replies to this topic

robreid

robreid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

No, and including some app in a ROM doesn't make it 'integrated'.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this. S2E doesn't officially support Android 4.2, period.

Alright, sorry.

Rucha

Rucha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@None
Since openvpn client is not available in this firmware (why?) i'm trying to set PPTP connection to my router (ASUS N56U with Padavan firmware). Router's PPTP server works fine and i'm able to connect using my laptop.
Connection from ZTE not succeded. Here is error log on the server side:
CTRL: Client 192.168.122.188 control connection started
CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)
CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
CTRL: CTRL read failed
CTRL: Reaping child PPP[10833]
CTRL: Client pppd TERM sending
CTRL: Client pppd finish wait
CTRL: Client 192.168.122.188 control connection finished

Does anybody know how to connect my smartphone to PPTP server?

Edited by Rucha, 28 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

memedroid123

memedroid123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (TFT - GEN2)
When it's next update launch?

Edited by memedroid123, 28 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

When it's next update launch?

Read the rules of this Forum: Don't ask for ETAs!!!

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade KK 4.4.3 by Zeelog
Welcome all

I appreciate great work with software. :)

Just one problem I would like confirm or deny. I do not have thumbnails after video recording. Already clened Galery data and cache - no effect. Older videos which I took with CM7.2 are ok - I can see thumbinals..
Thank You.

Edited by szpilasty, 28 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

1soproni

1soproni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Wayteq ZTE Libra
How can I close effem?

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

How can I close effem?

Huh? It's just like a music player. Stop playback and exit the app as usual.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Since openvpn client is not available in this firmware (why?) i'm trying to set PPTP connection to my router (ASUS N56U with Padavan firmware). Router's PPTP server works fine and i'm able to connect using my laptop.

I've never used openvpn so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Have you checked Settings -> More ... -> VPN?

OpenVPN binary is included in CM10.1 and our kernel has TUN support. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Just one problem I would like confirm or deny. I do not have thumbnails after video recording. Already clened Galery data and cache - no effect. Older videos which I took with CM7.2 are ok - I can see thumbinals..
Thank You.

Yeah, thumbnail generation doesn't work on videos recorded with camcorder. Iirc there was some kind of fix in CM9 and that it worked 'out-of-the-box' in CM10. I'm not sure if it ever worked on CM10.1 or did it break at some point.

Rucha

Rucha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@None

Have you checked Settings -> More ... -> VPN?

Yes, but there is no openvpn type of VPN connection. There are L2TP, PPTP and IPSec types of VPN. How can I create openvpn connection?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Use openvpn app from play store. It's perfect.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Yes, but there is no openvpn type of VPN connection. There are L2TP, PPTP and IPSec types of VPN. How can I create openvpn connection?

Apparently you use an external app.

https://jira.cyanoge...browse/CYAN-389

emotty

emotty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:knitting .. :P
  • Devices:san francisco

Today I'll give you a new treat:
This is a JELLY BEAN version, right?
So, where's the Jelly Bean?

You can pet him too... ;)

Just tap 3 times (quickly) on Android version. It's on the same screen as the trick before. Have fun...

Hahaahhahhahaa !!! love these things :)

gotta say this rom is the best android experieince ive had up to now :)

Flash Freak !

raizor6th

raizor6th

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:ZTEblade V880 512mb
Hi konstaT,

I got one suggestion, could you make the nav bar mor narrower to 24dp or 26dp i mean those dark background of the nav bar occupy more space of my screen even in 28dp i just feel like larger now. I love your work and i don't feel like going into any other rom.

Thanks and cheers

Edited by raizor6th, 29 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.

Mrondo K

Mrondo K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I've noticed that there is no 'No Wallpaper' option that used to be there on previous builds under Settings > Display > Wallpaper. Anyone know how to remove wallpaper on the latest build?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Hi konstaT,

I got one suggestion, could you make the nav bar mor narrower to 24dp or 26dp i mean those dark background of the nav bar occupy more space of my screen even in 28dp i just feel like larger now. I love your work and i don't feel like going into any other rom.

Thanks and cheers

Or how about you just reboot your phone (not one of those soft-reboots). Trebuchet launcher doesn't properly adapt wallpaper size to the changed screen size when enabling softkeys and shows a small black bar at the bottom of the screen. Navbar height is correct and navbar is displayed correctly in all the other apps. You need to kill/reload the launcher or even better, reboot your phone.

I've noticed that there is no 'No Wallpaper' option that used to be there on previous builds under Settings > Display > Wallpaper. Anyone know how to remove wallpaper on the latest build?

I doubt there's never been such option. These are the same options that you get when you long press on the home screen. CM7 might have had this option...

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer

That option you used to get because CM Wallpapers were installed which has the option for no wallpaper ;)

This ROM doesnt come with CM Wallpapers by default but you can install it separtely if you want.

Here you go:
http://www.mediafire...dz84ank74xsg1hf
(I have removed the HD wallpapers from it and thus reduced its size)

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

Mrondo K

Mrondo K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I doubt there's never been such option. These are the same options that you get when you long press on the home screen. CM7 might have had this option...

I think I might have confused this ROM with your 4.1.2 version which had the option I am talking about enabled by default as explained by ZTR below.

That option you used to get because CM Wallpapers were installed which has the option for no wallpaper ;)

This ROM doesn't come with CM Wallpapers by default but you can install it separately if you want.

Here you go:
http://www.mediafire...dz84ank74xsg1hf
(I have removed the HD wallpapers from it and thus reduced its size)

Thank you sir :) I was wondering where that option went.

Smart-T

Smart-T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hi,
I tried that 4.2.2 ROM on my Blade. I like it very much, but it doesn't run smooth on my blade.
So I tried to overclock @710MHz (@729MHz it freezes in a few seconds).
The problem is still there: often delayed response on finger touchs, up popping windows "application closed" etc.

Yesterday I tried this 4.1.2 ROM, and it works perfectly smooth without any tricks @604MHz.

Any ideas, what went wrong?

Edited by Smart-T, 29 March 2013 - 11:01 AM.

raizor6th

raizor6th

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:ZTEblade V880 512mb

Or how about you just reboot your phone (not one of those soft-reboots). Trebuchet launcher doesn't properly adapt wallpaper size to the changed screen size when enabling softkeys and shows a small black bar at the bottom of the screen. Navbar height is correct and navbar is displayed correctly in all the other apps. You need to kill/reload the launcher or even better, reboot your phone.

absolutely yes, nav bar displays as it is and i don't see improper adaptation of wallpaper size since i am using nova launcher :) all i suggest for you is if you could add another nav bar size smaller than 28dp :P

Thanks.

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

Hi,
I tried that 4.2.2 ROM on my Blade. I like it very much, but it doesn't run smooth on my blade.
So I tried to overclock @710MHz (@729MHz it freezes in a few seconds).
The problem is still there: often delayed response on finger touchs, up popping windows "application closed" etc.

Yesterday I tried this 4.1.2 ROM, and it works perfectly smooth without any tricks @604MHz.

Any ideas, what went wrong?

Indeed it is not snappy and responsive especially on touching, but i doubt that 4.1.2 is so different (haven't tested it since Konstat's 4.2 came out)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users