[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Mr.Edison.Dragon

the rom is awesome.but my phone can't enter into the deep sleep when use software or other bottons(not power button, ) to lock the screen.

please help me. thank you. sorry for my bad English

Guest Implantman

the rom is awesome.but my phone can't enter into the deep sleep when use software or other bottons(not power button, ) to lock the screen.

please help me. thank you. sorry for my bad English

You can easily solve your wakelock problem with this guide. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1827676

PS. You are not so bad!

Edited by Implantman

Guest Sulthekk

Blade will propably get Android 4.3(Cm10.2?). About OpenGL 3.0, it depends much about drivers. If devs get it working, it could make our Blade even faster and smoother. 4.3 itself includes some perfomance improvisations.

First: OpenGL ES 3.0 would definitely suck on adreno200. Also, anything that could make use of it ( 'AAA' like games ), wouldn't run on an armv6 anyway.

Second: The graphics drivers used for Blade at this time are closed source, remember when there was that petition for new ones when ICS was running with a hacky opengl acceleration?

Last: When optimizing software, it usually comes to the question of what hardware should be running the software better. Nowadays android phones have multicore CPUs and a lot of RAM. Making more stuff use multithreading is the usual way of optimizing for these kind of hardware, as the multiple cores can process instructions in a truly parallel way, but for an old single core CPU these optimizations are not so good. We have a single armv6 core, and barely have memory for caches. Though we have yet to see what they have actually done, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. :(

Guest peetu20

First: OpenGL ES 3.0 would definitely suck on adreno200. Also, anything that could make use of it ( 'AAA' like games ), wouldn't run on an armv6 anyway.

Second: The graphics drivers used for Blade at this time are closed source, remember when there was that petition for new ones when ICS was running with a hacky opengl acceleration?

Last: When optimizing software, it usually comes to the question of what hardware should be running the software better. Nowadays android phones have multicore CPUs and a lot of RAM. Making more stuff use multithreading is the usual way of optimizing for these kind of hardware, as the multiple cores can process instructions in a truly parallel way, but for an old single core CPU these optimizations are not so good. We have a single armv6 core, and barely have memory for caches. Though we have yet to see what they have actually done, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. :(

I dont think that blade can become much more faster as its now, but it still will get android 4.3, if someone(KonstaT?) ports it.

Guest Mr.Edison.Dragon

Thank you very much.

but I still have a problem .My phone was able to enter into deep sleep by pressing the power button ,while it was always out of deep sleep by using other approaches such as the Volume Up botton(I changed the keylayout to change it into power botton,but it was only able to lock screen and open the power menu.My phone won't enter into deep sleep if i use it to lock screen

You can easily solve your wakelock problem with this guide. [url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1827676]http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1827676[/

PS. You are not so bad!

Edited by Mr.Edison.Dragon

Guest MSuomi

How does one apply a new partition sizes? I have 24.7-version of ROM installed, with Konstat's 6027 clockwork. I installed TPT Helper and made my own package (165 system/2 cache, old is 220 system/37.5 cache/162 data) and tried to boot with home and vol + button pressed. The only thing that accomplished, was going into safe mode... I tried to reboot to TPT-install from TPT Helper, but it gave something like "This ROM is not supported" or something like that. So, how do I apply the new partition sizes?

Kinda annoying, when having about 4 small programs installed and already Hangout update says "Too little memory" xD

Guest phoenX80

Hi,

my first post here. I am on Konsta 24.7. I had old rom with 220 system. As Konstas only requires 160 I also wanted to redo the TPT thingy. I had the exact same problem as you did. What come to my solution was that blade checker said I needed an IMAGE TYPE TPT. So decided not to create a TPT but to use TPT Helper with Gen v2a.

OK, I installed TPT Helper, clicked European, Gen2, then download TPT > Gen2 v2a (you can also use the first option, all at once, it will do the md5 check automatically for you) , then you have an image file in sdcard/image. Do the md5 check with TPT Helper, if it says something with one oder 2 files thats ok. if there are more than that you didnt download an image. (ok thats the practical approach, I may be telling bull but it worked for me) Then I went to CWM made a backup to sd card. Then I turned the phone off, took battery out for a couple of seconds, then reinserted it and booted with menu+vol+ and power. The reason it didn't do that before for me was that there wasn't an image file in image folder.

The good thingy is that you can restore your rom again with cwm afterwards. I stripped the rom further down to 144mb system by removing anything unneeded, especially apps with rom toolbox.

Hope that helps you out.

I believe it is a problem with super users access for tpthelper. Cause the proggie is reporting it didn't have access and cant copy something. even though i granted access. but theres no need for a custom tpt as you would need at least 150mb system, and with 160 youre save with flashing updates. so the generic one is ok.

you have cwm 6.0.2.7? i thought it wouldnt go beyond 5.0.2.2?

BTW, I do not recommend to to use link2sd, s2e or mount2sd. I tried them all. Any of them resulted in loss of apps in the matter of hours. Where as s2e performed yet the best. But thats no way for me as the phone is used by my wife. She's got no nerve for that.

Btw, thanks to the guys that did the port. I never believed this could be made. But this rom works after booting really ok - and I am on Asylum cm10.1 on my Note 1 so I can compare.

Edited by phoenX80

Guest dreis911

How does one apply a new partition sizes? I have 24.7-version of ROM installed, with Konstat's 6027 clockwork. I installed TPT Helper and made my own package (165 system/2 cache, old is 220 system/37.5 cache/162 data) and tried to boot with home and vol + button pressed. The only thing that accomplished, was going into safe mode... I tried to reboot to TPT-install from TPT Helper, but it gave something like "This ROM is not supported" or something like that. So, how do I apply the new partition sizes?

Kinda annoying, when having about 4 small programs installed and already Hangout update says "Too little memory" xD

Uncompress the *.zip package you have to the SDCard, it'll create a "image" folder in it.

Remove the battery, count to 5 and replace it again.

Turn the phone ON by pressing "vol-" and "Menu" while pressing the "power" button, it'll show some green text on the screen.

Now you can release the "vol-" and "Menu" buttons and it'l boot into recovery.

Now you can use the ROM you want.

Guest Master One
BTW, I do not recommend to to use link2sd, s2e or mount2sd. I tried them all. Any of them resulted in loss of apps in the matter of hours. Where as s2e performed yet the best. But thats no way for me as the phone is used by my wife. She's got no nerve for that.

Why would any of these app2sd solutions result in loss of apps? I've not played around with it using this ROM, but I had no problems when on CM7 (although I don't know which of the app2sd apps it contained, as it was already present in the used ROM).

I've installed Link2SD, as it has the most reviews, but this is what puzzles me now:

I have created a large FAT32 partition at the beginning of the SD and an EXT4 partition with 512MB at the end. I was in the opinion that creating an own sd-ext partition prevents loss of access to the app2sd apps when connecting the phone to a PC by USB, but when I plug-in the phone both partitions get mounted on the PC (which runs Ubuntu Linux).

I guess that means it doesn't work that way if the EXT4 partition gets (auto-)mounted on the PC as well, so this solution only works if the PC is running a M$ or Apple OS?

Guest sharix

I removed some .dict files in LatinIME (I left main and english dicts). Now Android Keyboard (AOSP) force closes all the time. Does anyone have a working trimmed rom?

Edit: found on page 163.

Edited by sharix

Guest chorao

I removed some .dict files in LatinIME (I left main and english dicts). Now Android Keyboard (AOSP) force closes all the time. Does anyone have a working trimmed rom?

Edit: found on page 163.

mine didnt even apear. workaround: installing other keyboard apk. (using swiftkey but tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jellybeankeyboard.f.g )

rom is working fine with Link2SD. thank's KonstaT i'm happy

Guest Master One

Well, it has been mentioned before, there seems to be a problem with BT. I usually have it on and my BT headset connected. Whenever I switch to Flight Mode and back, BT does not activate any more, it shows "On" but the BT symbol in the status bar stays grey, when I access the BT config menu it tells it's "On" but it just shows "Connecting..." for my BT headset without actually doing anything.

Is there any way to overcome that issue? Having my BT headset operational is very important for me, as is the ability to switch to Flight Mode.

Guest dreis911

If you don't mind installing the rom again, the trimmed rom from page 163 worked for me.

There's no need to install the whole ROM again....

Just use a Explorer that can Write into the \system and replace the LatinIME.apk

Edit: Of course you'll have to reboot after that. :P

Edited by dreis911

Guest Gunner24

Installed the room 2 days ago. Quite good. But have some issues. The gapps google now doesnt work.

Any know a working google now 4.2.2 gapps ? Pls link.

Then i installed the 4.2.2 mod s2ext. Made a ext3 3gb partition on a 8gb (class 4 :S) sd card. First it dosent want to mount it then i enabled mount as ext4 and it worked. Well it was slow like hell but at least i can install some programs.... Then i enabled everything in settings/performance/memory memory compressing 50%, etc. When the programs are loaded speed is acceptable .

Then I hit 140mb the ext3 partition. Now if i try to install a program form the store it fails with "insufficient storage space" even with a 44kb app. I uninstalled an app but still cant install anything. I read its maybe cause the installer dont have access to the mounted directories. So i chmod 777 all directories under /dev-ext. No avail. Any ideas?

Guest Gunner24

Just turned on /developer otions/force gpu rendering.

Its a huge difference. Interface is much more snappier.

If u find some setting that makes it faster let me know.

Guest raizor6th

Hi guys,

Can i just trim down the latest release to fit it into my 160mb system? if yes what else should i pull out or is latinIME.apk would be sufficient to trim down the 165mb rom to 160.

Thanks and cheers.

Guest dreis911

Hi guys,

Can i just trim down the latest release to fit it into my 160mb system? if yes what else should i pull out or is latinIME.apk would be sufficient to trim down the 165mb rom to 160.

Thanks and cheers.

Well, as you know, the ROM itself is not over 160MB - what KonstaT means is that the ROM + GApps are over 160MB.

So, if you want, you can trim the GApps too (I did as there are Google 'things' I don't use) like "Talk" that was replaced by Google.

In the ROM you can trim the "LatinIME" as you said yourself (14,313KB to around 3MB), you can remove the BootAnimation, you can remove unused sounds (not much to gain though) and you can remove some Apps (you must be sure of what you're doing) like:

"calculator" - you can install it later (the same or another one); "email"; etc.....

I think trimming the LatinIME is enough.

Guest raizor6th

Well, as you know, the ROM itself is not over 160MB - what KonstaT means is that the ROM + GApps are over 160MB.

So, if you want, you can trim the GApps too (I did as there are Google 'things' I don't use) like "Talk" that was replaced by Google.

In the ROM you can trim the "LatinIME" as you said yourself (14,313KB to around 3MB), you can remove the BootAnimation, you can remove unused sounds (not much to gain though) and you can remove some Apps (you must be sure of what you're doing) like:

"calculator" - you can install it later (the same or another one); "email"; etc.....

I think trimming the LatinIME is enough.

Alright, That's good enough for me.

thanks a lot dreis.

Guest szpilasty

Installed trimmed ROM from page 163 everything is working fine. Thank you for updates.!

Google Maps is not working to well with this ROM - installed older version. Greetings from Poland!

Guest Master One

Well, after playing around for some time now, I think I got the hang of it. BT problem can be solved by toggling on/off till it connects to the headset again, I removed the sd-ext partition again as I could not see any advantage (because it get mounted as well every time I connect the phone to my Ubuntu Linux desktop), and this ROM works just fine without GAPPS.

One new question though:

How can GAPPS be removed after installation? I mean it has to be installed through CWM, can it nevertheless be easily deinstalled somehow afterwards, or is it necessary to wipe the system partition and install the ROM again without GAPPS?

I just tried to install a software that seems to require GAPPS for installation (tells "Could not connect to Google servers. Check your internet connection"), but I don't want to keep GAPPS installed.

Guest peetu20

Well, after playing around for some time now, I think I got the hang of it. BT problem can be solved by toggling on/off till it connects to the headset again, I removed the sd-ext partition again as I could not see any advantage (because it get mounted as well every time I connect the phone to my Ubuntu Linux desktop), and this ROM works just fine without GAPPS.

One new question though:

How can GAPPS be removed after installation? I mean it has to be installed through CWM, can it nevertheless be easily deinstalled somehow afterwards, or is it necessary to wipe the system partition and install the ROM again without GAPPS?

I just tried to install a software that seems to require GAPPS for installation (tells "Could not connect to Google servers. Check your internet connection"), but I don't want to keep GAPPS installed.

Yes, you just should wipe /system, and then flash rom only. Then you will get rid of all gapps. Still recommend to install playstore, and some other apps apks that play store requires to work properly.

Guest peetu20

One new question though:

Yes, you just should wipe /system, and then flash rom only. Then you will get rid of all gapps. Still recommend to install playstore, and some other apps apks that play store requires to work properly.