Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3450 replies to this topic

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

bro konstat?.. can you make a touchwiz theme on this rom? tia!

Lol, why should I waste my time on making some silly themed ROM.

CyanogenMod has a theme chooser included in the ROM. There's plenty of themes available (including TouchWiz).
https://play.google....echooser&c=apps

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

hey guys, i've a question here:

let's say that i run out of battery in the morning when going to work and later when i come home and plug the phone to the charger (aswell turning it on) and meanwhile someone texted me during that day (at 3pm for example) as the phone turns on the messages appears as it was received in that minute, not in the 3 pm...

isn't there a fix for this? sorry for my english btw

First of all, I presume you use the ROM's Messaging App.
So, try this:
Go to the Messaging Settings, and almost at the end of the list you have a "Original Timestamps". Enable it.
This should retrieve the sent hour/date instead of the received hour/date from the SMS.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

Kazekage Gaara

Kazekage Gaara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Console Video Games, Coin Collection, and Chess :)
  • Devices:Dell XCD35

So, try this:
Go to the Messaging Settings, and almost at the end of the list you have a "Original Timestamps". Enable it.
This should retrieve the sent hour/date instead of the received hour/date from the SMS.

Wow, pretty neat. Gotta try that. Thanx :D

Posted Image

ztnej

ztnej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Well, the timing is most probably gonna be when the phone receives the message from your service provider and not when the service provider received the message that needed to be forwarded to you.

I don't think what you're saing is possible until and unless there was some way of the phone communicating with the service provider or if the service provider itself had this kind of facility.

Next time, if this happens to me, I'll surely let you know what timing it shows in my phone, although my phone is hardly ever off :)

i asked that because if i use a phone, a old one for example without android, and i receive a sms while turned off when i turn it on the message details appears as the time the person sent me and not the time the phone is turned on

So, try this:

thanks! gonna try that in the next times :)

Spoiler

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Spoiler

ha ha ha certo! right!

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

ztnej

ztnej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
@dreis911 it works! Thanks!

Spoiler

Mrondo K

Mrondo K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey guys,

So yesterday Play Store on my phone updated itself from the version on the first post of this thread to the latest version (4.0.27). I wondered if this is normal behaviour considering I live in a third world country?

Thanks in advance.

jonmac73

jonmac73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Fran - Huawei G510
Hi all, have read a lot of recent pages, but is this CM10.1 ROM now reliable enough for daily use ? & enjoy 4.2.2 features/mods.
I am just about to upgrade to most recent version of Daemend continuation CM10 - previous versions fine if a little laggy sometimes.
Thanks in advance

UK Orange San Fran Gen2 TPT'd running CM9 ECO

UK Huawei Ascend G510 running stock 4.1.1

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

So yesterday Play Store on my phone updated itself from the version on the first post of this thread to the latest version (4.0.27). I wondered if this is normal behaviour considering I live in a third world country?

Why not? It's not only about the country, it's about the phone and Android version too. :) 4.0.27 works fine for me on CM10 (I installed it from apk, not updated automatically), should be the same for CM10.1.

@jonmac73: I prefer CM10, but I haven't tested any newer CM10.1 versions. CM10 works well enough for me and I don't need/like some of the new features. But that's just personal preference.

Edited by elrond_bs, 01 May 2013 - 03:09 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Obligatorisk

Obligatorisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bug report: You can not add more keyboard layouts in the very latest release of this. It just crashes if you try.

How? Do this:

1. Settings
2. Language & input
KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS
3. Default
4. Set up input methods
5. Settings crashes.

Edited by Obligatorisk, 01 May 2013 - 03:24 PM.

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade KK 4.4.3 by Zeelog
Confirmation on that. Don't know if I need it, but doesn't work.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

@dreis911 it works! Thanks!

Spoiler

I'm glad it's solved! ;)

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Bug report: You can not add more keyboard layouts in the very latest release of this. It just crashes if you try.

How? Do this:

1. Settings
2. Language & input
KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS
3. Default
4. Set up input methods
5. Settings crashes.

May be an error for trying to choose what's already chosen!!!
I think that in this setting you can choose from several input Apps - which by default is the "Android keyboard" already included in this ROM.
But it's already chosen!! So there's no need to choose it again!

In my case: I use Swiftkey instead of "Android keyboard" so in point 4 I have 2 options: "Android keyboard" or Swiftkey.
I can assure you that I can switch from one to another without problems.
The Settings only have a FC when I try to choose the option that's already chosen!

I don't know if I made myself clear... :wacko:

AFAIK to choose another Keyboard layout you need to choose the option below, which is "Android keyboard (AOSP)" by clicking on "equalizer" on the right and then change the "Input languages".

Edited by dreis911, 01 May 2013 - 04:35 PM.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III
Is someone experiencing nav bar overlapping in landscape mode on latest build?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

How? Do this:

1. Settings
2. Language & input
KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS
3. Default
4. Set up input methods
5. Settings crashes.

Known. Fixed. Asked. Answered.
http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/36219/

bruara

bruara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
My Portuguese ZTE Blade can't connect to camera on all versions from CM 7.0.2 Stable. Until then the camera works fine, probably a driver problem.

You have a solution to this ?

esemudeo

esemudeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, HP Touchpad
Hey guys, just want to report a little bug. At least I think it's a bug. When I boot my ZTE Blade and don't use after booting, the screen turns off as usual after a couple of seconds, but the home-button, the menu-button and the return-button are still shining. They don't turn off automatically. I have to use the Blade first, and then the buttons turn off.
Anyway, thank you very much for the custom rom. It is great.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

My Portuguese ZTE Blade can't connect to camera on all versions from CM 7.0.2 Stable. Until then the camera works fine, probably a driver problem.

You have a solution to this ?

I assume your Blade is a "Sapo a5" and has a 5Mpixel camera... Well, it should work fine on any CM version!
Mine works fine!

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/Sapo a5
Mine's really slow, also a Sapo A5, but I'd rather have a more updated Android version. :P

deksman2

deksman2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I think the ROM would benefit from a better GPU utilization optimization (if thats possible) in UI rendering (including APPS, etc.) so that it basically behaves all the time like it does in the Gallery (which is buttery smooth).

Aside from that... the only real problem with this ROM is essentially the keyboard which is painfully slow.
Even Swiftkey has slowdown problems and takes some time before the letters are entered after pressing (not sure what causes these delays though) at certain times.

I realize the keyboard behaves a lot better/smoother under Gingerbread and Froyo, but short of going back to those old ROM's, is there any way the keyboard could be optimized?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users