Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3450 replies to this topic

пенис

пенис

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

wipe dalvik enough to update to the latest builds?

What about upgrading from 4.1.2.? :blink:

Dedicated to be a Blade user :)
Running on CM10.1

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OSF)

keyboard swiping will never work, relies on armv7 libs. try swiftkey or swype if you want that.

Oh, didn't knew that. That feature i've waited most of all :(
Will continue use of official swype beta.

Today i'm interested in zRam, read about that. Am i understood it right? zRam is some kind of swap using real RAM(18% for ex) but stores compressed data? So i have 419 Mb of RAM and 75 Mb of it will be used by zRam? Will it give some profit in speed, let say, running google+ and swype? Now I'm running with zRam off because i think with zRam my phone is more laggy.

Who use it, what amount of % you set up in your blade? And why u not use it? :) Just interest of practice on our devices.

ROM: CM11 Zeelog

HDuser

HDuser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:Zte blade

format /system partition and install zip.

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

when changing major version of android u need full wipe always. In addition i'm formatting /system and /boot... just to be sure :)

PS: интересный ник ;)

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

format /system partition and install zip.

and most importantly wipe /data

пенис

пенис

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thanks,

Ok, so full wipe needed. :(

Dedicated to be a Blade user :)
Running on CM10.1

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Thanks,

Ok, so full wipe needed. :(

Buy Titanium Backup on GPlay. Beleive me, if u use unofficial ROMs, 200 RUR is nothing for such great app. Yes, it's not godlike(can't backup dropbox and twitter auth details), but helps a lot. I've bought and not regret about.

sm4tik

sm4tik

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Devices:Blade

has anyone else noticed that when using s2e your facebook and twitter accounts are removed upon reboot? and s2e doesn't even work on cold boot? i'm so tired of s2e screwing up i'm actually going to try going back to moving to sdcard instead!

I'm actually trying s2e for the first time now so I can't really say much, but yes, playing around with the new rom and rebooting constantly seems to be a bit out of s2e's league. It doesn't bother me that much though as I don't have anything that important going on. I actually had the opposite experience with a coldboot when I thought I'd screwed something up, everything was restored ok.After a reboot if I just give the phone enough time to settle, everything's been fine.

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

I'm actually trying s2e for the first time now so I can't really say much, but yes, playing around with the new rom and rebooting constantly seems to be a bit out of s2e's league. It doesn't bother me that much though as I don't have anything that important going on. I actually had the opposite experience with a coldboot when I thought I'd screwed something up, everything was restored ok.After a reboot if I just give the phone enough time to settle, everything's been fine.

Noticed this too long time ago. After reboot(hot or cold) i need to give some time to settle all apps and widgets, after that almost all works like a charm. That's normal, i remember how i've waited, when i've bought my first symbian(N6260) phone %)

Just tried QR Droid on fresh (5/1) build. Bug like in Camera360. Picture is stretched, there's no any UI visible, but i hear how camera trys to focus on image.

Edited by top4ek, 05 January 2013 - 03:48 PM.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

i've deleted my sd-ext partition and gone back to "move to sd" and that seems fine, i've still got over 60mb free in /data, had a helluva time trying to uninstall s2e though, had to delete init scripts etc. using adb!

for me waiting for s2e to settle didn't fix things, only a reboot would (it worked with cm10 mostly). "move to sd" of course takes an age on boot to settle, but it does work reliably at least.

cm10.1 now seems as stable as 10 was to me, just got to wait for some of the nice tweaks to trickle down, but main functionality is fine. i was looking at backporting flip to snooze but wasn't convinced it would work due to the chronus/lockscreen changes - e.g. its not a snooze button anymore but a lockscreen slider. seems someone is trying to do something in gerrit

also has anyone noticed that terminal emulator just FC's now? i can't get it to open a shell.

Edited by sej7278, 05 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

top4ek

top4ek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

also has anyone noticed that terminal emulator just FC's now? i can't get it to open a shell.

Works fine for me.

sm4tik

sm4tik

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Devices:Blade
BTW, if anyone else is as disturbed as I was by the new lockscreen widgets an cam shortcut flashing, you should take a look at Lockscreen Policy from play. It's a small app to get rid of those. I still hope there will be a way to get rid of the flashing things only as the app disables widgets for good, ie. no way to use chronus for me now :(

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer

has anyone else noticed that when using s2e your facebook and twitter accounts are removed upon reboot? and s2e doesn't even work on cold boot? i'm so tired of s2e screwing up i'm actually going to try going back to moving to sdcard instead!

Well I am using s2e ATM with cm10.1 and I haven't had any problems so far thankfully :)
Both my fb and Twitter accounts are there after a reboot ;)
Have been using S2E for a year now and now I can't use my phone without it lol :lol:

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer
Is anyone having this issue?

While charging the battery stats say charging from USB when it is actually from ac adapter :(

Tried disabling USB charging but then the phone won't charge at all :mellow:

This results in a much slower charge...

Edited by ZTR, 05 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4

While charging the battery stats say charging from USB when it is actually from ac adapter :(

its a issue with 4.2 in general, even aosp builds are suffering. its been flagged with Google. :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

Davids203

Davids203

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Does anybody else have problem with gapps since the last update? Unfortunately all of them shut down with force close :(
I have tried a lot of things to repair..please give me some advice!

Edited by Davids203, 06 January 2013 - 12:39 AM.

_Nuno_

_Nuno_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)

Well I am using s2e ATM with cm10.1 and I haven't had any problems so far thankfully :)
Both my fb and Twitter accounts are there after a reboot ;)
Have been using S2E for a year now and now I can't use my phone without it lol :lol:

S2E performance is quite sensitive to the micro SDHC brand/model. I had problems (lockups/reboots/bootloops) with a Transcend 8GB class 4 and a Sandisk 16GB class 4 (which was highly recommended in another thread). On the other hand, an unknown brand/class 2GB worked flawlessly, as did a Samsung 4GB class 4. Go figure!... :)

I've also experienced this on CM10 (4.1.2)

NorwegianLabel

NorwegianLabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I must report a glitch of sorts, regarding the viewing of videos on every single one of your roms. Since the latest update of your 10.1, some videos gets a thick green bar on top of the screen while the video gets a certain amount of colors on the one side of the screen and some others on the other side of the screen. The previous version of this rom did not have this problem. I think the hardware acceleration fix in the latest version might have something to do with this. If anyone has a way to fix this problem, please give me a notice.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

it seems that its a known issue in 10.1 if you've updated term.apk via play, and the fix is to copy libjackpal-androidterm4.so to /system/lib/

Since the latest update of your 10.1, some videos gets a thick green bar on top of the screen while the video gets a certain amount of colors on the one side of the screen and some others on the other side of the screen. The previous version of this rom did not have this problem. I think the hardware acceleration fix in the latest version might have something to do with this.

this was the same in cm10 - the hardware acceleration fix for youtube-hq caused some videos (certain codecs) to show a green line. the workaround is not to use those codecs.

Edited by sej7278, 06 January 2013 - 01:25 AM.

金河之秋1

金河之秋1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:blade
thanks ,but many control is english,can you help us translation to chinese,非常感谢!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users