[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

Orange is another operator.... when I insert the orange sim card.... I automatically receive orange apn configuration.... but with saf I have to do it manually..... of which I have done..... Browsing is fine... downloads too.... via mobile browser or opera mini.... but when I open market... it loads with the pop up..... connection error... I can download apps but I can't add reviews...... browse apps for long.....

I dont know then. Backup your current rom, wipe data then and relfash whole thing, and check if the market woould work after clear installation?

Guest Fizziebaunz

I dont know then. Backup your current rom, wipe data then and relfash whole thing, and check if the market woould work after clear installation?

Thanks I do that..... and give you a feedback

Guest Sulthekk

jenkins? wtf?

And don't worry 4.3 can be done, the question is why would anyone do it...

Bluetooth LE? OpenGL ES 3? Not like you could use it anyway. Unless there are no important fixes/features we need in 4.3 upstream, there's no need to hurry, 4.2.x didn't and won't become obsolete in a while, as the evolution of the core OS seems to slow down, and you as a blade user need no NFC/RFID/randomrarelyusedhwfeature optimizations right now.

Guest dreis911

@commander_keen

My keyboard was also laggy. Turning off pop-up, sound and vibration on key press helped. I also turned off sugestions, auto correction, gesture typing and all the the rest i dont use.

I also dont have any problems with scrolling or laggy response. My settings are 122/604 MHz, SIO scheduler, disabled memory compression.

Sometimes it's getting laggy, like after week or two after last restart. But then i just restart device and it works like charm.

Unlike you i did format system partition before flashing.

btw you just made me want to find and play one of commander keen games :)

When you feel it becoming sluggish try to switch to NOOP scheduler.

Have set "Force GPU rendering"?

Edited by dreis911

Guest commander_keen
@commander_keen

My keyboard was also laggy. Turning off pop-up, sound and vibration on key press helped. I also turned off sugestions, auto correction, gesture typing and all the the rest i dont use.

Turning off pop-ups indeed makes the keyboard a bit quicker, thanks for the idea, wouldn't have been on top of my list. Suggestions I find useful and tried with and without, doesn't seem to consume much computing time, should be safe to have them enabled. (I seems gestures don't work here at all, it draws the lines but that's it. Well, not too much of a loss, not that important for me) I also disable vibration and sound because it's just annoying. ;-)

I also dont have any problems with scrolling or laggy response. My settings are 122/604 MHz, SIO scheduler, disabled memory compression.

Sometimes it's getting laggy, like after week or two after last restart. But then i just restart device and it works like charm.

Unlike you i did format system partition before flashing.

I did try formatting by hand in the meantime after posting, that (luckily) didn't make a difference. (I wouldn't have been able to explain that behaviour then) I had 245/604Mhz and even increased to 652Mhz. As expected that didn't significantly change anything concerning the lags. But: GizmoTheGreen had the critcal idea here.

Thanks for the input and comparison data, that helped to figure out some things.

btw you just made me want to find and play one of commander keen games :)

Hehe, feel free to do so. ;-) Try part 3 again, was the hardest imho, with that Ninja Vorticons, hehe...

if you don't have a sim card inserted try activating airplane mode, that will help.

Dude, that's it! I didn't have none SIM inserted but I had an old SIM in there which would no longer be accepted by the carrier. My main SIM was just in another phone and I didn't want to get bothered with "no SIM inserted" so I just put in the old one which would pass all things locally on the phone including PIN entering etc.

So without a SIM-card which is effectively active in the network (either no SIM or an inactive one) this extremely laggy behaviour through the whole OS occurs. As one doesn't usually use a phone that way, that's not that critical, one just has to know. ^^

Many thanks, I would probably never guessed that, especially because CM9 didn't have this behaviour.

That makes CM10 just practically usable. I have it running with an active SIM right now, also works fine.

When you feel it becoming sluggish try to switch to NOOP scheduler.

Have set "Force GPU rendering"?

I didn't. As GizmoTheGreen's idea lead to a status with significantly higher (read: normal) performance I'm fine. But if I'm bored I might experiment with that setting later on. ;-)

Edited by commander_keen

Guest Fizziebaunz

can this custom rom to working supercharger script?

my blade has ginger stir fry rom this time can update to 4.2.2 rom?

thank you

Well you can try..... it won't kill you or your phone... hehehe

Guest dreis911

Can anyone port the skate build of 4.3?

Cause they have got pretty much everything working...

Well, we all hope that KonstaT may have some nostalgic feelings for his Blade1 and return to it... :D

Guest matcho13579

...So without a SIM-card which is effectively active in the network (either no SIM or an inactive one) this extremely laggy behaviour through the whole OS occurs...

You have to add an extra line into build.prop if you want to use Blade without the SIM card (don't ask me for that line :P )

Guest theophilos13

i update my blade with 23/7/2013 rom and i can't to download apps from play store

and battery need charged too quick

how can to solve this problems?

Edited by theophilos13

Guest alternator2

Hi Folks,

I've just installed latest version of this ROM cm-10.1-20130724-KonstaKANG-blade and found that latest version of Skype (4.0.0.22082) freezes when I try to place a call or when I receive a call, text messages are working fine. Rom has been installed after wiping all cache and temporary partitions, as well as I tried wiping skype data, and reinstalling app multiple times. Is anyone else having this issue and found the solution / root cause? Thanks in advance for replies.

Guest Sulthekk

What about using something other than skype?

Ever since microsoft started to modify it's code it became much slower and buggier on ALL platforms, and it lost it's famous encrypted p2p protocol (NSA rocks!!1!!1oneone), which was the only advantage of it.

Guest MonkPsycho

Guys can someone please give me a short and brief noob guide on how to upgrade a stock blade to this? Root>TPT>CWM>This rom?

I have to explain it to my father over long distance so that's why I ask. And there are so many guides I get lost.

Hello Can you help me, I have zte blade with CyanogenMod 10.1 KonstaKANG, I create partition on sd with cwm and after reboot install the s2e.apk. I open the app and i choose to move all to ext partition exept tha dalvik cache in settinge i choose Mount as ext4. I reboot and all looks to work fine. When i go to play to install the fb app and youtube app i take a message (no enough space) and it's not install the apps. (other app install correctly only with fb and youtube i have the problem). After reboot i have lost the play store and all the google apps. Can you help me?

!!( sorry for my Bad english)!!

Guest commander_keen

Nice hint, thanks.

Guys can someone please give me a short and brief noob guide on how to upgrade a stock blade to this? Root>TPT>CWM>This rom?

I have to explain it to my father over long distance so that's why I ask. And there are so many guides I get lost.

TPT requires no root or anything. Fetch a TPT with at least 160MB System partition and follow the instructions of the website KonstaT linked in the initial posting: http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts (I prefer "How to use => Manually")

Boot into CWM by powering on while holding Vol-, flash the ZIP of this ROM (and gapps if desired).

Wait for quite some time on first boot and you're done.

Guest alternator2

What about using something other than skype?

Ever since microsoft started to modify it's code it became much slower and buggier on ALL platforms, and it lost it's famous encrypted p2p protocol (NSA rocks!!1!!1oneone), which was the only advantage of it.

Hi Sulthekk,

is there any other Skype client capable of making voice calls, sending messages and files? I can't use Google Hangouts only, majority of my contacts use only Skype and I'm afraid it' s not going to change any time soon. Thanks.

Guest Sulthekk

Well there were attempts to reverse engineer the original protocol, but I don't know of any known working implementations of the new protocol ( with a publicly advertised copyright for sniffing, lol )