Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

3450 replies to this topic

bodybra

bodybra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V880

hi konstat I'm facing with camera proplem ; your rom's camera is not working properly on my blade its showing lanes and very laggy and I cant take video with camera ... do you have any fix for me? ( camera and video recording working perfect on Swedish snow and gb miui2 rom )

AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT WORK

Do you overclock the CPU?

ZTE Blade V880 with CyanogenMod 10.1 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.2.2)

warmaster9559

warmaster9559

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
So what may i do to install this custom on my Blade with 256 RAM ? :blink:

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I strongly advise you not to install any Android after 4.0.x on 256MB RAM! Even 512MB are not enough for Jelly Bean, especially on slow phone like ours, 256MB would be disaster. Try Eco CM9 (4.0.4) instead or Swedish Snow (2.3).

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

yadayada

yadayada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Optimus San Francisco

Couple of small updates.

Updated Gapps package. ROM + Gapps from the first post should again fit to 160mb /system.

gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip
https://hotfile.com/...taKANG.zip.html
md5:680e41c4744c4b300aac52683acd05d2

-removed Talk (it was replaced by Hangouts anyway)
-latest Google Play (4.2.9)
-newer Google Search (2.1.12.516912) but nowhere near the latest though

Hi,

First of all congrats for the ROM, very impressive.

I have a quick question.
Let's say I want to install the old Google Talk app (I don't like the new hangouts).
I've extracted the file Talk.apk from gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/), and tried to manually install (as any other apk that is installed on /data/, selecting the apk on the file manager). Android tries to install, but it is unable to do so (I've activated the option to install from unknown sources).
Is there any special trick that I'm missing?

Cheers.

merdo84

merdo84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

Do you overclock the CPU?

No its default. (604 mhz)

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

Hi,

First of all congrats for the ROM, very impressive.

I have a quick question.
Let's say I want to install the old Google Talk app (I don't like the new hangouts).
I've extracted the file Talk.apk from gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip (http://goo.im/gapps/), and tried to manually install (as any other apk that is installed on /data/, selecting the apk on the file manager). Android tries to install, but it is unable to do so (I've activated the option to install from unknown sources).
Is there any special trick that I'm missing?

Cheers.

Just get rootexloper, and copypaste Talk.apk to /system/app, and remember to give it same permissions as other apps in that foldef have. At least remove hangouts.apk(If you have installed it) and reboot.

yadayada

yadayada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Optimus San Francisco

Just get rootexloper, and copypaste Talk.apk to /system/app, and remember to give it same permissions as other apps in that foldef have. At least remove hangouts.apk(If you have installed it) and reboot.

Thanks, but the idea was to avoid installing in /system/, when using the latest rom version on a 160 MB partition, there's only 796 KB available. Talk.apk is 1.2 MB.
That's why I was trying to install on /data.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

Thanks, but the idea was to avoid installing in /system/, when using the latest rom version on a 160 MB partition, there's only 796 KB available. Talk.apk is 1.2 MB.
That's why I was trying to install on /data.

Trim the ROM (remove/reduce any component) or the GApps and insert the "Talk" in the GApps or
do what peetu20 told you after trimming what's inside the /system.
Some Google Apps are not installable.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

splendidman

splendidman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade 3
hey,i am new to android and im still learning how this rooting works,soo my question is do i need to root my blade 3 to update to 4.2.2 or i can install it without rooting.

ast1

ast1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@ambarish tiwari
Ofcourse you will have to root your blade!

merdo84

merdo84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

hey,i am new to android and im still learning how this rooting works,soo my question is do i need to root my blade 3 to update to 4.2.2 or i can install it without rooting.

You are writing in wrong section ! Go and write in blade 3 rom topic Still Ididnt get any solution :S :

camera is not working properly on my blade its showing lanes and very laggy and I cant take video with camera on cm 9-10-10.1 ( gb roms are working but jb and ics roms are not )

Edited by merdo84, 11 August 2013 - 06:50 AM.

RusselM

RusselM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Maybe one unrelated ROM question (because I think it's the gapps),
but why can't I send an sms larger then 2 files?
Also certain characters (such as ï and ë) are being read as 20 or more characters.
Last but not least, sometimes I don't get a picture via mms.

Hope somebody can explain this to me.
Pretty sure it isn't the ROM though!

Thanks!

Master One

Master One

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Can anybody tell, what can safely be removed from that ROM?

I don't use any other than the default theme, I use my own wallpaper and ringtone/notification sounds, no GAPPS installed, no E-Mail or Calendar (which require GAPPS). Just curious how much it can be trimmed down without loosing basic functionality.

ag0n

ag0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hello. I was using the latest 3rd update from KonstaT and everything seemed alright. Few weeks ago i installed the 24.7 version on my friends blade, everything worked fine but he said the battery lasts alot less. I though it was weird, but then again he uses his Blade alot so it could be normal.

Yesterday, i installed de 24.7 version on mine. Did a clean install with everything wiped. Installed the new gapps, Focal, and int2ext+. I also deleted some dictionaries to trim the rom size.
Turns out, i had HUGE battery drop. I charged my Blade last night (around 14 hours ago), didn't really use wireless or played anygame (i don't even have one installed!), but when i wokeup the Blade was turned off, completely brained of battery! The battery stats reports screen to be the main problem (which is not true i guess... i was sleeping -.- and used it a bit before i went to sleep, nothing special though). Voice calls seems the 2nd problem with a duration of 25 mins.

But everything seems correct on my end, i am using 2G to save battery, everything is set as it used to be. I can't figure out what's happening.
Can anyone help me?

johndorian22

johndorian22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello.

Thank you all for your input and your hard work, specially to Konstat.

¿Anyone knows how can I disable flip and shake to snooze?

Sometimes the phone autosnoozes itself.

vibhork

vibhork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks KonstaT for the ROM.. has been working perfectly...

JUst few Question:

I am a user from india and I am unable to configure the frequency for Effem for India... Not sure if anyother user is facing the same issue. Can anyone help me.

Also has anyone tried using sygic 13.1.1 version with this ROM. I am experiencing a huge battery drain. Any suggestions or help...

THanks.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

Thanks KonstaT for the ROM.. has been working perfectly...

JUst few Question:

I am a user from india and I am unable to configure the frequency for Effem for India... Not sure if anyother user is facing the same issue. Can anyone help me.

Also has anyone tried using sygic 13.1.1 version with this ROM. I am experiencing a huge battery drain. Any suggestions or help...

THanks.

With radio, just choose european frenquency. It should work fine on most of countries, in India too.

Cyclothunder

Cyclothunder

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hey KonstaT,

Do i have your ask your permission to create mirrors of your rom to put on my blog. Will you allow it?
I will give the proper credit and link it to the forum.

Sapo A5 (aka Zte Libra)
Rolling SwedishSnow

playedalive

playedalive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Android 4.3 possible for our blade?

ZTR

ZTR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S i9000,Dell XCD 35
  • Twitter:@Zakitheracer
AndroidArmV6 devices (i.e Skate,Ace,O1 etc) have started getting 4.3 jenkins experimental builds :(

ROM:CM10.1 KonstaKANG 24/07/13
Recovery:CWM 6.0.2.7

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users