Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

3447 replies to this topic

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

This seems to be a missunderstanding:

I know how to backup the phone and with it the ROM. I want to backup up the recovery itself.

Ups. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

So, you want to backup the "backuper"? ...  /boot + /recovery + /system + /data + /cache?

If that is what you want... then it's just what I told you before! ... and it's called a NANDROID!

it's done by the Recovery and it does a self-backup.

If it's not that... then I don't understand you. You'll have to be more precise on what you want.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

Schwedenbitter

Schwedenbitter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Blade

Thank you for your answer.

I quoted the post by KonstaT on purpose.

I'm just looking for a procedure to save the current ClockWorkMod recovery in a file like recovery.img. The partitions/folders /boot, /system, /data, /cache are saved by the backup itself. There's no need to save it with another method. The only missing thing would be /recovery. But I was hardly looking for something like this without success. I couldn't find a partiton/folder named /recovery.

Then you say just told me before ... it's called NANDROID. Even this I was hardly looking in your post yesterday. It has just one sentence without NANDROID. And it's not what I'm looking for, too. This just make a backup without rebooting in recovery mode or a recovery image in boot itself. But I want a recovery image. I'm just looking to backup it ...

[EDIT1]

I just tried NANDROID on my old ZTE Skate. It saves a recovery.img, which looks good. But the saved recovery.img is 5.242.880 Bytes, whereas the uses recovery.img I flashed to this phone about 2 years ago ist just 4.536.320 Bytes. So I'm still not sure, if I really can rely on this image file...

[/EDIT1]

[EDIT2]

On my Linux system I make backups using the "dd" command. I hardly remember using a command like "flash" or something to save the old recovery.img to the phone. The "dd" command ist quite simple to invert with the switches if= and of=. This is what I'm looking for.

[/EDIT2]

Edited by Schwedenbitter, 02 June 2014 - 06:08 AM.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

Thank you for your answer.

I quoted the post by KonstaT on purpose.

I'm just looking for a procedure to save the current ClockWorkMod recovery in a file like recovery.img. The partitions/folders /boot, /system, /data, /cache are saved by the backup itself. There's no need to save it with another method. The only missing thing would be /recovery. But I was hardly looking for something like this without success. I couldn't find a partiton/folder named /recovery.

Then you say just told me before ... it's called NANDROID. Even this I was hardly looking in your post yesterday. It has just one sentence without NANDROID. And it's not what I'm looking for, too. This just make a backup without rebooting in recovery mode or a recovery image in boot itself. But I want a recovery image. I'm just looking to backup it ...

[EDIT1]

I just tried NANDROID on my old ZTE Skate. It saves a recovery.img, which looks good. But the saved recovery.img is 5.242.880 Bytes, whereas the uses recovery.img I flashed to this phone about 2 years ago ist just 4.536.320 Bytes. So I'm still not sure, if I really can rely on this image file...

[/EDIT1]

[EDIT2]

On my Linux system I make backups using the "dd" command. I hardly remember using a command like "flash" or something to save the old recovery.img to the phone. The "dd" command ist quite simple to invert with the switches if= and of=. This is what I'm looking for.

[/EDIT2]

The reason why the original Recovery.img was smaller is that it was compiled as a program, so it has the size of the code it occupies.

The reason why your backup Recovery.img has 5MB is because the /recovery partition is that size!!!

When you call the Recovery on PowerUp, the program installed in your phone that runs is the Recovery itself, but this Recovery doesn't know it's own size.

So when it does the backup, it backs up ALL the /recovery partition so it doesn't miss anything. And it does the same with the /boot partition.

I don't know if I made myself clear...

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

tb1337

tb1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade G(V955)

this rom working on blade G V955 ?

dexta

dexta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade 3

Can someone send me tutorial how to root this phone?
I need it for my sister, she have Zte Blade (Fashion TV)

If someone can send me valid link or say me how to root this phone, I will be gratefull.. I want to install this custom rom...

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade KK 4.4.3 by Zeelog
http://www.modaco.co.../335781-22/Apr-[GUIDE]-How-to-Install-a-Custom-ROM-on-the-ZTE-u-v880-or-[GEN2]-device#entry1649086

z4root - application

vazee00

vazee00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hy!

I need a little help. After the digitizer replace touch screen work with only 2.3 rom, all 4.x touch screen is unresponsive.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

killadroid

killadroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Edited by killadroid, 26 July 2014 - 06:10 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users