[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest karololszak

Bluetooth works for me partialy - pairing, visibility etc. is OK, but when I tried to receive 15MB file but the connection broke in about 75%: it said the connection was stopped/corrupted (something like that) on my device, whilst it insisted that it was still transfering on the one that was sending the file (but it recognised it disconnected after a minute or so). The sending device is ZTE Blade with CM7 and I tried to receive the file on ZTE Blade with this ROM. I will try to repeat it this night and provide some logs if it happens again.

I did a full wipe before installing this ROM (I was previously on CM7 with some old clockwork recovery, I updated to the one posted a few days ago by KonstaT, then I did a nandroid backup and formated /system and /data and installed this ROM and gapps from here, did a few reboots afterwards).

Bluetooth and to me does not work, I can't find other devices and they can not find me :unsure:

Just reboot once after turning Bluetooth on. This may looks weired, but I also faced same issue. After rebooting, Bluetooth file transfer is working without any issues.

Guest MinaItse

Is there any way to increase the size of the pattern lock..

Do you mean to increase the whole area, that it takes or the points that it has?

Number of those points you can increase in Security lock screen settings.

I personally think that that area size it takes is well big enough. I have quite normal size fingers.

Maybe that smaller size is aimed to hide more the pattern to be seen on screen of fingerprints.

Screenshot_2013-01-13-16-18-02.png

Screenshot_2013-01-12-23-25-21.png

Screenshot_2013-01-12-23-24-17.png

Edited by MinaItse

Guest Mihai Enea

I have the same problem with the bluetooth, does not work :wacko:

Didn't worked for me either when I first tried, but after some enable/disable cycles, it finaly start working.

I had some problems after that first success and it seems that it only works if you start BT from settings->bluetooth and not from the menu found in the quick settings panel from notification bar.

I have paired blade with my handsfree(sony erricson)

@Ganster Can you try it on your blade and see if you have the same behaviour?

Great to see bluetooth support! Just a few days ago, I was looking at Qualcomm's libbt-vendor for newer snapdragons and thought that it should be quite possible to port this to the Blade's chipset - it also uses the standard HCI interface.

Unfortunately the new Bluetooth stack seems to be quite buggy, many people have problems with it on Google's Nexus devices. I guess some of the problems people have in this thread are not related to the driver, but to the stack itself. :( I hope Google will fix some of the issues in an upcoming Android 4.2.2.

By the way, did anyone test Bluetooth tethering yet?

Does you try enable visibility of device in Bluetooth settings, before try to search it?

And yes, Bluetooth may not work without full wipe, because poer on mechanism are changed.

yes, Bluetooth works after full wipe. But BT tethering not working with windows 7.

Guest MinaItse

You can visit in China with Blade, buy prepaid mobile data there and utilize your Blade, Google Translate, voice recognition and voice speak ... to speak china, or finnish (Konsta's language)

device-google-translate.png

device-2013-01-13-175117.png

Works great!

(if only not background voice when voice recognition ;)

Guest MinaItse

I too managed to enable bluetooth headset and data-connection with windows-pc, with this rom. So just great and thanx a lot!

I think that new quick settings panel is partly not as good as same settings in old power settings widget.

Mobile network mode and mobile data mode are not showed so good as earlier, and wifi mode is not as good either. Operator name would be better to be with mobile network mode -tile - and "mobile data" -name under mobile data mode -icon. Two-direction arrows would be best icon for mobile date, with those data connection type letters.

It looks as little unclear, with some of tiles, what is the right tile and whether they are on/off, when one toggles them and showing off -state is different within icons. For example in sound-tile there is line across icon, when sound is off, but with other icons they are grayed or show else way off -state. That would be better to be coherent - maybe that line across icon showing off-state with all icons would be best.

Very nice that torch function and that profile change -icon are included in quick settings panel.

In comparison quick settings panel vs power settings widget implementations in this pic:

device-quick-settings-paneldjz2s.png

UPDATE 13rd jan: With this rom you can use both above settings, that new quick settings panel and older power widgets. You can enable old cyanogenmod-style power widgets in notification area settings (system / notification drawer). You can use both at same time too - then swiping at middle of notification area shows that old power settings widget and swipe at left of right edge of notification area shows that that new quick settings panel.

My personal view is that in that quick settings panel settings-tile could lead right away to the settings of quick settings panel in settings (right screen below). Now it leads to main level of settings (left screen below)

quick-settings-panel-settings.png

Edited by MinaItse

Guest VuckoKS

Didn't worked for me either when I first tried, but after some enable/disable cycles, it finaly start working.

I had some problems after that first success and it seems that it only works if you start BT from settings->bluetooth and not from the menu found in the quick settings panel from notification bar.

I have paired blade with my handsfree(sony erricson)

You're right, it started to work, like you said. Thanks

I think that quick settings panel in this newer Android-version is partly not as good as it was before.

You are right, the icons are a bit off...

Anyways, you can still use the old cyanogenmod-style power widgets, you can enable them in notification area settings.

Guest Brigandt

Thanks for the rom and the bluetooth support.

After a full wipe and a new install, my blade paired without problems with my Zeo Mobile.

Edited by Brigandt

My language input method (Portuguese from Portugal) doesn't have any words in it. I start typing and no suggestions come. Other languages work fine. Any suggestions? :S

Guest huibuhh

My language input method (Portuguese from Portugal) doesn't have any words in it. I start typing and no suggestions come. Other languages work fine. Any suggestions? :S

As the portuguese dictionary is included in the latinime.apk it should work. Did you fool around with that file?

I also got a question concerning latinime.apk. I wanna shrink it by deleting unneeded dictionaries and etc. I am a noob and just deleting those files with 7zip, adding it to the Rom and flashing the Rom resulted in an error message stating that the keyboard could not be started. Could anyone point me the steps to do it right? Guess apk multi-tool should somehow be able to do the job?!

Another question: Any way to get the voice search from homescreen working? Maybe by redirecting that link to the normal search app instead of google now search app? I have always liked that feature in CM9...

screenshot_2013-01-13nqqkh.jpg

Edited by huibuhh

Guest Ganster

From new notification panel buttons it switches on/off correct. What buttons you mean?

I also got a question concerning latinime.apk. I wanna shrink it by deleting unneeded dictionaries and etc. I am a noob and just deleting those files with 7zip, adding it to the Rom and flashing the Rom resulted in an error message stating that the keyboard could not be started. Could anyone point me the steps to do it right? Guess apk multi-tool should somehow be able to do the job?!

screenshot_2013-01-13nqqkh.jpg

You should open LatinIME.apk directly in the rom zip, by double-clicking on it. This should open the apk in a new 7zip window.

After removing useless stuff, you should be prompted in the rom zip window something like: "LatinIME.apk was changed, do you want to apply the change here?". Obviously the answer is yes.

Furthermore, "main.dict" should not be deleted as well as your own language file, in LatinIME.apk...

Guest merc1800k

can someone help me??

this rom work to me very slowwwwwwwwwwww...many laggs at menus !!!!!

i have wipe all 3 time and reinstall all from the beginning but very slow rom....help me?

Has anybody tried to uses autopatcher from xda to be able to use pdroid with this rom? The newest autopatcher now supports Android 4.2.1 with openpdroid, but it fails in one of the patches (problem with GsmServiceStateTracker.smali patch during telephony-common.patch).

Edited by JobSup

As the portuguese dictionary is included in the latinime.apk it should work. Did you fool around with that file?

(...)

No, I did not :S Is there any way to re-install language input packages or something? :S

Guest pedrolavos

No, I did not :S Is there any way to re-install language input packages or something? :S

Im portuguese and i have Sapo A5 with this rom installed and my dicionary are working... I have to say this is the best rom ever for my Blade/libra :)

Edited by pedrolavos