[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest reluctant_traveller

Is it good enough for everyday usage?

no. Wait until the title no longer says [DEV] - or you could read back just a few pages and form your own oppinion.

Guest Polys Polykarpou

Bluetooth needs restart after switch ON

I tried this. Turned on bluetooth, restarted the phone and my bt headset was found. After i turned my headset off and on back again, my Blade couldn't find it. restarted it but still the same. Had to go back to 4.1.2 since I use the headset on a daily basis.

Edited by Polys Polykarpou

Guest chapmans35

cm-10.1-20130119-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...huv341mxpapq4fi

md5:5ed3037b64820b4bb2ee47dfc27ed94b

-Fix restoring network mode preference on reboot (1)

-Mms auto-retrieval (1,2,3)

-Wifi tethering: disable wow and add wakelock (thanks to daemond)

MMS now fully functional. :-) BT slightly buggy, but a great daily ROM. Many Thanks for all your effort KonstaT

Just installed this yesterday and things are working nicely, thanks! A few notices:

- Installing Whatsapp was a bit weird. For some reason when it was initializing itself, it draw all the graphics in the statusbar and you could expand it making it flickering full screen

- There's no option to turn off the screen-off animation. This is a known bug in CM tho :(

Guest Martenz-89

What I must to do, if I want to install a new version of this ROM? Currently I have version 15.1. CM10.1 and I want refllash it to version 19.1. CM10.1.

I have to wipe cache and Dalvik cache, or wipe Dalvik cache only without cache, or do not wipe anything, and wipe before or after flash the ROM?

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by Martenz-89

What I must to do, if I want to install a new version of this ROM? Currently I have version 15.1. CM10.1 and I want refllash it to version 19.1. CM10.1.

I have to wipe cache and Dalvik cache, or wipe Dalvik cache only without cache, or do not wipe anything, and wipe before or after flash the ROM?

Thank you for your answers.

Just flash, no need to wipe anything.

- There's no option to turn off the screen-off animation. This is a known bug in CM tho :(

True, I require that option. The options are comparatively lesser than that of CM9. :mellow:

I want a faster keyboard too like they did in ICS. The lag while typing is unbearable for me. :wacko:

All we need are more customization options now & a Faster keyboard maybe. Rest is amazing!

I want a faster keyboard too like they did in ICS. The lag while typing is unbearable for me. :wacko:

All we need are more customization options now & a Faster keyboard maybe. Rest is amazing!

Hacker's Keyboard is lag free :)

too much lag for me. when typing, when playing games,and so on... :\ What's the problem with this? which settings i need?

/sry for bad english, I'm Hungarian.../

Right then, as per Stu's suggestion here's how I set up my phone. You may not agree with this, or perhaps you have better suggestions, but here goes...

1) Full wipe and flash ROM

2) Install s2E

3) In s2e: menu> settings tick "mount as ext 4"

3) Reboot to recovery

4) Create ext partition (mine is 2gb), sawp 64mb

5) Not sure if this step is necessary, but CWM formats the ext partition as ext3, so I used minitool to format it as ext4.

6) Reboot

7) Open S2E make sure applications, paid apps, private apps and dalvik cache are checked. (everything but application data)

8) Reboot

9) Settings> performance:

Processor:

CPU frequency: Max 691, min unchanged.

Governor: Smartass 2

Set on boot is ticked.

I/O scheduler:

sio

Set on boot is checked

10) Settings> Developer options: tick "Disable hardware overlays"

11) Install SD Booster> set cache to 2048KB. Tick "Set on boot"

Done. Now play with your phone and install stuff as per normal.

Some notes:

1) Google now shouldn't work at all on our blades, but it's been hacked so it works a little. Open google search to get it going.

2) As of today (20/01/2013) the bluetooth problems are a known issue with google and they'll be rolling our a fix ASAP

3) Disable google autobackup to save battery and (stupidly huge amounts of) data: settings> backup and restore> untick "Backup my data"

4) S2E basically makes your phone think it has more space than it actually does. Once it's installed you can ignore and forget about it. Don't manually move any apps to SD as S2E will do it automatically when you install stuff.

Right then, as per Stu's suggestion here's how I set up my phone. You may not agree with this, or perhaps you have better suggestions, but here goes...

1) Full wipe and flash ROM

2) Install s2E

3) In s2e: menu> settings tick "mount as ext 4"

3) Reboot to recovery

4) Create ext partition (mine is 2gb), sawp 64mb

5) Not sure if this step is necessary, but CWM formats the ext partition as ext3, so I used minitool to format it as ext4.

6) Reboot

7) Open S2E make sure applications, paid apps, private apps and dalvik cache are checked. (everything but application data)

8) Reboot

9) Settings> performance:

Processor:

CPU frequency: Max 691, min unchanged.

Governor: Smartass 2

Set on boot is ticked.

I/O scheduler:

sio

Set on boot is checked

10) Settings> Developer options: tick "Disable hardware overlays"

11) Install SD Booster> set cache to 2048KB. Tick "Set on boot"

Done. Now play with your phone and install stuff as per normal.

Some notes:

1) Google now shouldn't work at all on our blades, but it's been hacked so it works a little. Open google search to get it going.

2) As of today (20/01/2013) the bluetooth problems are a known issue with google and they'll be rolling our a fix ASAP

3) Disable google autobackup to save battery and (stupidly huge amounts of) data: settings> backup and restore> untick "Backup my data"

4) S2E basically makes your phone think it has more space than it actually does. Once it's installed you can ignore and forget about it. Don't manually move any apps to SD as S2E will do it automatically when you install stuff.

Finally a crystal clear tutorial! Trying it, but it's take soo long to boot my Blade... it's a bit slow on boot :x

Edited by ag0n

True, I require that option. The options are comparatively lesser than that of CM9. :mellow:

You can toggle off the animations if you have unlocked developer mode (by going to settings -> info -> tap some 10 times on build number (above visit MoDaCo thread button)). Then go to Settings -> Developer options and under drawing you can disable animations. I hope this helps :)

Guest khizhny

Can someone help me please. I have the same problem as before in this ROM.

Some programs like Tasker and rVOIX can't normally autorun on boot.

Please answer me. If it is difficult to fix I can understand and will stop bothering.

Guest keyboardshortcut

Thank you Konstat for this rom.

Hi all. Anyone notice some bugs when using a nav bar in landscape mode. the softkeys are not in their right position and the bottom softkey is out of border. :mellow:

Also the widgets and apps are overlapping in the bottom apps, see the screenshots

Is it similar to yours or is it just mine? :)

post-981566-0-10863800-1358478854_thumb.post-981566-0-24028300-1358478871_thumb.post-981566-0-44436500-1358478889_thumb.post-981566-0-30189500-1358478900_thumb.post-981566-0-90755400-1358478914_thumb.post-981566-0-13521400-1358478938_thumb.

The problem about nav bar still exist after upgrading to 19.1.

For the bluetooth, it is Google's fault not CM group or blade devs,

please search google for "android 4.2.1 bluetooth problem" and it will lead you there.

Sorry if I only report the problem. I cannot contribute to the rom development since I am not a developer. :mellow:

Hi, this ROM is missing performance, aka overclock feature in settings for me since the last update.

Also youtube is very buggy, it will randomly stop and you can't skip through a video.

Both these features worked in 4.1.2

Edited by Ciels

Guest jpdoliveira

Hi, this ROM is missing performance, aka overclock feature in settings for me since the last update.

Also youtube is very buggy, it will randomly stop and you can't skip through a video.

Both these features worked in 4.1.2

Go read previous pages.