Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3446 replies to this topic

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
No, use S2E if you have it and is working OK. I'm not sure if you can uninstall S2E, then Link2SD and not mess everything. If you want to do it, wipe data and ext partition and install all apps again with Link2SD installed. Otherwise you will most certanly mess things up.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

keyboardshortcut

keyboardshortcut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

Working:

• Bluetooth (& bt-tethering?)
Bluetooth works but only partially... if I pair the phone with my car stereo I can stream music but I can't retrieve the Artist and Title of the current song.
Also I can't use the loudspeaker of the car stereo via bluetooth.

Are these known issues? In previous roms (cm7/cm9/cm10) they worked correctly.
Thanks

Yes they are known issues but not in CM10.1s fault but with the AOSP fault. The android 4.2.1 has a known bluetooth bug.
It also applies to all devices.

http://bit.ly/WHQjTs

Edited by keyboardshortcut, 22 January 2013 - 11:54 PM.

lucazade

lucazade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

Yes they are known issues but not in CM10.1s fault but with the AOSP fault. The android 4.2.1 has a known bluetooth bug.
It also applies to all devices.

http://bit.ly/WHQjTs

thanks a lot.. i'll follow these bug reports :)

thanasis00

thanasis00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
yesterday i got a random reboot too, out of nothing. Finished a phonecall, left it aside, and after 1-2 minutes the phone rebooted.

Mihai Enea

Mihai Enea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

yesterday i got a random reboot too, out of nothing. Finished a phonecall, left it aside, and after 1-2 minutes the phone rebooted.

I had to take a step back to 4.1.2 because of frequently RR.(almost every hour)

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

Are you overclocking? ^_^

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)

same here ...
but havent taken a step back...

of course the diff isnt much between 4.1.2 and 4.2.1 and i miss PA too
its very hard to go back to previous android version...:P

except the lockscreen widgets google has does a fine job...
as well as cm team and Konstat...

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco

Powered by

CM10.1 KonstaKANG, Soundmagic PL11 earphones, Samsung class 6 16GB

Apps installed

TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....

99x

99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9000

@ spinozagr : If you have lower class card (less than class 10) - better don't move either - buy a new card. Otherwise move dalvik cache and, if you use Link2SD, you can move dalvik cache only for less used and more simple apps, to avoid slowing down the demanding apps.

Lower class cards generally have faster random read/write so would actually be better with small files (cache etc)

jpblade

jpblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Anyone with short battery lasting problems or am I the only one??

Mike69pt

Mike69pt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Does this rom works with OTG?

Mihai Enea

Mihai Enea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Are you overclocking? ^_^

I did at first but then I went back to default without success.
Maybe I should try it one more time without touching the overclocking feature.

RZRV8

RZRV8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@RZRV8
Umm, okay idk why is this happening.. But, when I am charging I do not disconnect when it shows 'Charged'. I keepit connected and then, open Battery Calibrator. It also shows your battery mV. I keep the charger connected till it reaches 4200mV and I get an amazing battery life! On very high usage, I am getting around 5-6 hours!

asklepyo

asklepyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I just want to say how glad i am to have discovered this forum a few days ago! :)
Actually last week i was still a iphone user, but my 3gs stopped working so i unpacked again my ZTE blade (a present to my parents who didn't like it due to its slugginess) without any enthusiasm, in fact i found most of the features poor compared to IOS. So I thought it's just a very temporary solution before i get the iphone 5..
And today I installed CM10 and all I can say is it's amazing, it completely revived my blade, and now I think i will keep it for a while without having to rush to iphone5 or S3.. but as i'm using adnroid 4.1.2, i'm getting more and more convinced by moving to the android world with my next phone. ^_^
That said, I have 2 questions:
  • from the 1st posts of cm10 and cm 10.1 threads, it looks like more features(e.g wifi tethering) are working on cm10.1 than cm10, does that mean i should move to cm10.1? B)
  • I also read that cm10.1 runs smoother than cm10, is this factually true ? :huh:
Anyway thanks to Konstat for his work!

molleolle

molleolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So, I just downloaded this ROM and tried to install it with CWM 6.0.2.7... Didn't work, it aborted and said something like "Status 7". I tried downloading CM10 (4.1.2 version). Happend the same thing there...I wiped data/factory reset first, and also did a wipe dalvik cache. What am I doing wrong?

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

Edited by De@n, 23 January 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Roeloff

Roeloff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Does this rom works with OTG?

I'm afraid not. OTG requires a compatible kernal which the Blade doesn't have. There was some progress but I don't think it came to anything:

http://www.modaco.co...__hl__ usb otg

fazbarulho

fazbarulho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So, I just downloaded this ROM and tried to install it with CWM 6.0.2.7... Didn't work, it aborted and said something like "Status 7". I tried downloading CM10 (4.1.2 version). Happend the same thing there...I wiped data/factory reset first, and also did a wipe dalvik cache. What am I doing wrong?

The problem is in the CWM, install other CWM. With me couldn´t read the sd card and i realize it was a CWM issue, install other and try it. Sorry my English.

Edited by fazbarulho, 23 January 2013 - 09:06 PM.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Lower class cards generally have faster random read/write so would actually be better with small files (cache etc)

OFFTOPIC:
Actually, it's seems to be true only for some particular cards - Benchmark Results: Random Reads And Writes.
The apps in the ext partition are not small files (typically between 200KB and 40MB), dalvik cache is a little below that, but still usually above 256KB (from what I've seen in my apps).
So higher class card is better.

Edited by elrond_bs, 23 January 2013 - 10:05 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

99x

99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9000

OFFTOPIC:
Actually, it's seems to be true only for some particular cards - Benchmark Results: Random Reads And Writes.
The apps in the ext partition are not small files (typically between 200KB and 40MB), dalvik cache is a little below that, but still usually above 256KB (from what I've seen in my apps).
So higher class card is better.

Yea those results are a mixed bag really, there is a decent thread on xda about it (don't have link atm) and the general consensus is that random r/w tests (4KB files) are faster on class 4 and 2. Apparently the way higher class cards work increases latency, to achieve greater sequential throughput? Also reliability of class 10 cards is a serious point, I've had several cards of different brands die after 6-12 months, could just be unlucky though (wasn't using them for swap either)

Edit: here's the badger: http://forum.xda-dev...69#post15269669 I'm interested in what people think. :)

Edited by 99x, 23 January 2013 - 11:26 PM.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
It's so much of a mixed bag that the only conclusion can be that the class ratings are utterly worthless (unless you use the FAT filesystem and write megabyte-sized files). This is my experience after working with various embedded boards and the Raspberry Pi.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users