[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

there are still bugs that are not listed in the first post...

Errm, this is CyanogenMod. It's bound to have bugs. And if it doesn't, someone will introduce some soon. :P

Afaik there are no issues that are specific to this device that should be mentioned in the first post.

@KonstaT I've got an idea - when updating your ROM, could you make an incremental zip file with the changed files only?

And let me guess, you want that incremental update as OTA. :P When did downloading and flashing a ROM become too difficult?

It simply isn't technically possible. This ROM is built from the source. I upload a zip that comes out from the build process. Every single file that is built from source is different in every single release.

@KonstaT do you know when android 4.2.2 will be released? i know that has some bug fixes, am i right?

thanks for your work anyway, i use your rom an d it's really great

No one that has that kind of information hangs around on these boards (or would be able to give that information anyway). You have to wait for the source code to be released just like everyone else.

Guest James Horny

Hi,

Is there a way to transfer CM10 Trebuchet 0.2 screen layouts and folders to CM10.1

Trebuchet 1.0.

There's no backup and restore function in Trebuchet and when restoring the data by TB

the dock is disappearing. :huh:

Guest matcho13579

And let me guess, you want that incremental update as OTA. :P When did downloading and flashing a ROM become too difficult?

It simply isn't technically possible. This ROM is built from the source. I upload a zip that comes out from the build process. Every single file that is built from source is different in every single release.

I didn't mean OTA (but it's a good idea, too ;) ), just a flashable .zip file with changed files, but if it cannot be done, just forget it :) That were only my thoughts wrote down :)

You know, when I download a compiled ROM, I have to delete some unnecessary apps from /system folder to fit into 138 MB partition, then add some scripts to init.d (for exampe mount script for Link2SD), then add modified gps.conf, modified build.prop and so on :D

Guest matcho13579
matcho could you share your gps.conf and build.prop?

Well, gps.conf is customized for my country, so it won't help you and when it comes to build.prop... I've changed my DPI (using multi DPI Play Store to avoid common problems), then used an app called PimpMyRom to do some build.prop tweaks, you can do it by your own :) Also, the app can tweak your gps.conf file for your country, too.

So my answer is no - it's not worth it

thanks, i'll try pimpmyrom ;)

anyone use that app? really work in our rom or it's a kind of placebo effect? matcho what do you think about?

i mean, this rom has the same tweaks, or there any other tweak that the app can do?

Edited by Loki86

Guest matcho13579
thanks, i'll try pimpmyrom ;)

anyone use that app? really work in our rom or it's a kind of placebo effect? matcho what do you think about?

i mean, this rom has the same tweaks, or there any other tweak that the app can do?

There are plenty of useful tweaks, some of them bring a performance improvement, some of them not... most of the tweaks are hardcoding into build.prop file, so I assume it's working, for example proximity delay or call ring delay, which I consider to be quite important

Guest commodroid

Hi KonstaT!

I'm frequently using Droidsound app to listen some chipsound music, but DSPmanager doesn't work with it (and with many sound app). Is there any workaround for it, or it works only in CM7? This is also an OMX lib thing?

By the way this is my favourite ROM, even if I hear plain sound with Droidsound.;) Many thanks for it!

Guest deksman2

If I may pose a question...

When I was using previous builds (pre 15th Jan), I experienced some apparent shutdown or restart problems with this ROM. Namely, if the phone was not used for a long period of time, sometimes (not always) it would apparently require of me to input the SIM card number sequence for unlocking (as if the device restarted) and its usually extremely slow when doing it for some reason.

Did anyone else experience this issue and if you have, was the problem solved in the latest releases?

Guest DanielThompson

3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.

curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml

Just a quick note on the build instructions. I haven't got a build done yet but the first problem I noted was that the local_manifest.xml wasn't being honoured. I used the following curl command instead:

curl -L -o .repo/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml

Guest Fred Perry

I installed two games: Plague Inc. and Zenonia 5.

In both games i get a white background ingame. Is anyone having this problem?

How can i solve this?

Thanks!

Guest KonstaT

yep, 4.2.2 is on AOSP now: https://android.goog...ndroid-4.2.2_r1

Lets hope we can have a new build within the next few days from Konstat. There are quite a few changes btw.

But none of it is merged to CyanogenMod yet...

Just a quick note on the build instructions. I haven't got a build done yet but the first problem I noted was that the local_manifest.xml wasn't being honoured. I used the following curl command instead:

curl -L -o .repo/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml
[/CODE]

Do you have the latest repo? I changed the instructions couple of days ago. local_manifest.xml is deprecated and you should use local_manifests folder instead (now that it actually works with the latest repo update ;)). Otherwise you'll see a very annoying warning message every time you use repo even though it still works.

I installed two games: Plague Inc. and Zenonia 5.

In both games i get a white background ingame. Is anyone having this problem?

How can i solve this?

Thanks!

By going back to gingerbread.