Do you have the latest repo? I changed the instructions couple of days ago. local_manifest.xml is deprecated and you should use local_manifests folder instead (now that it actually works with the latest repo update ). Otherwise you'll see a very annoying warning message every time you use repo even though it still works.
It should all be pretty recent. I checked *everything* out from scratch yesterday evening.
Double checking my bash history, I can be sure of exactly what I did:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > bin/repo
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.1
# Repo tells me that the repo script is out of date so ...
cp /path/to/.repo/repo/repo bin/repo
What I did not
do is a second repo init after updating to the latest version of repo... could that have made a different. To be absoletely explicit the init
used the version of the repo entry script from dl-ssl.google.com whilst the sync
used the latest of everything. Likewise after moving the manifest to the older location I got all the blade stuff without having to do another init
Anyhow I got it all checked out with this change and it looks like I might have got a successful build... haven't had time to run the .zip file yet.
BTW thanks for sharing such clear build instructions.