Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

3449 replies to this topic

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

Hahaha..Actually I was expecting a smoother and snappier rom, but this one didn't quite live up to my expectations. :P
Reverting back to CM10 for now. :huh:

i agree, latest cm10.1 seems to be pretty laggy and especially scrolling is bad, i am on cm10 too, because it supports ad hoc networks,,, cm10.1 does not,,,

I've been messing with the "Developer options" settings:
I've set "Disable HW overlays", "Force GPU rendering" and "Force 4x MSAA" and it seems that this CM10.1kk got smoother!
For those of you that fully understand what these settings really mean, could you post a simple explanation of the "pros and cons" of using them?

Edited by dreis911, 01 March 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

adipec

adipec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

You think that if I don't release a new build every three days, it means no support? I simply don't have any obligation to fulfill your every unreasonable request - I don't owe you anything! I've made this ROM for myself and I've been kind enough to share it.

If you want something done right now - you better do it yourself. It even says on the first post. I've kept everything open source and up to date - there is nothing stopping you if you want to start maintaining a build!

i am not as good in programming as you.sorry i wouldn't support this rom :P i am only user of your releases, nothing more :)

ds-driver

ds-driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
@KonstaT:
thank you very much for your development.

I hope you will not be shocked from some unashamedly demands here.

I think it's not okay, that there are some guys, which demand and demand... If we do not have people like you, we had only our ZTE stock ROM...

Hope the insolent challengers won´t stop your efforts in development of future magnificient roms....

I think that had to be said here ...

Greetings from Germany
P.

Sisal

Sisal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

@KonstaT
Will you support this rom or not ?

Tanks to Poland :P

99x

99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9000

I've been messing with the "Developer options" settings:
I've set "Disable HW overlays", "Force GPU rendering" and "Force 4x MSAA" and it seems that this CM10.1kk got smoother!
For those of you that fully understand what these settings really mean, could you post a simple explanation of the "pros and cons" of using them?

4x Multi Sampling Anti Aliasing, will try to smooth edges on fonts, images, shapes etc - if anything it may slow your phone down as it requires GPU/CPU processing

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

4x Multi Sampling Anti Aliasing, will try to smooth edges on fonts, images, shapes etc - if anything it may slow your phone down as it requires GPU/CPU processing

Understood! Thanks for explaining.
Now, about "HW overlays"... What do you say?
Is the CPU overload with graphics overcome the poor graphics development of the GPU?... having (for that) a positive/faster/smoother GUI and Apps?
What's your opinion?

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

99x

99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9000

Understood! Thanks for explaining.
Now, about "HW overlays"... What do you say?
Is the CPU overload with graphics overcome the poor graphics development of the GPU?... having (for that) a positive/faster/smoother GUI and Apps?
What's your opinion?

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain. I know that force GPU rendering might not have much effect as any well written app already uses GPU rendering where available

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain. I know that force GPU rendering might not have much effect as any well written app already uses GPU rendering where available

forcing 2d gpu rendering makes huge difference in scrolling in adobe reader and android assistant. I recommend everyone to use it!

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

forcing 2d gpu rendering makes huge difference in scrolling in adobe reader and android assistant. I recommend everyone to use it!

That's why I noticed some improvement on the GUI!
I can speak for it too.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

To be honest I'm not sure what 'disable HW overlays' does, someone else will explain.

Android can use hardware overlays instead of OpenGL ES for fast(er) composition. In the best case composition becomes a no-op. However, hardware overlays are not supported on the Blade, so this doesn't have any effect.

Cata_Simi

Cata_Simi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Posted Image

Any ideea how to repair this? You have it too if you pay close attention

Edited by Cata_Simi, 02 March 2013 - 09:14 AM.

adipec

adipec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Tanks to Poland :P

idiots to nigeria

Sisal

Sisal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

idiots to nigeria

Have you already got a ticket? ;)

adipec

adipec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Have you already got a ticket? ;)

tickets?of course :) for you and all members of your family

Edited by adipec, 02 March 2013 - 10:30 AM.

adipec

adipec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

tickets?of course :) for you and all members of your family

dear Mr.Blow jobs :>

MistahBaxtah

MistahBaxtah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Saunalahti
I remember that Gangster tried to port 3.x kernel for Blade. Does anyone know has he made progress or is the project perhaps rejected as impossible?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
@adipec & @Blow Jobs - please stop it or you may eat the BANana! Use private messages if you want to insult each other!

I remember that Gangster tried to port 3.x kernel for Blade. Does anyone know has he made progress or is the project perhaps rejected as impossible?

There is a pre-alpha version or something like that (but not by daemond, he won't work on it) - half working. AFAIK 3.x is not worthed - nothing serious to gain over our 2.x and very hard to fix and improve. To replace a stable and good working kernel with experimental and unstable is not a good idea. Especially considering that our phone is very old and fewer devs are working on it actively.

Edited by elrond_bs, 02 March 2013 - 05:54 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

lcf80

lcf80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade CM10.2-20131220

Posted Image

Any ideea how to repair this? You have it too if you pay close attention

Had the same problem in CM10.1, and laggy animation when pressing power button. Both problems gone after switching to CM10-20130226 by daemond. Miss few features from JB 4.2, though, so hope it's possible to fix the graphics here, too.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Had the same problem in CM10.1, and laggy animation when pressing power button. Both problems gone after switching to CM10-20130226 by daemond. Miss few features from JB 4.2, though, so hope it's possible to fix the graphics here, too.

What features?... if I may ask.
It happens that this cm10.1 has already frozen twice on me!!! :angry2:
This second time it even rebooted itself. So, given that, and the fact that cm10 has "FM radio" I'm really considering the change.

Edited by dreis911, 02 March 2013 - 01:49 PM.

lcf80

lcf80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade CM10.2-20131220

What features?... if I may ask.
It happens that this cm10.1 has already frozen twice on me!!! :angry2:
This second time it even rebooted itself. So, given that, and the fact that cm10 has "FM radio" I'm really considering the change.

I liked few small things in 4.2 UI, like new alarm clock or enhanced notifications. But stability and smoothness are more important to me, so sticking to CM10 for daily use, and observing how CM10.1 port is going (looks like it's more changes under the hood between 4.1 and 4.2 than most of us thought).

Edited by lcf80, 02 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users