Hi, i wonder how'd you do that,
Can i just do it like open the ROM with xplore then system/app copy the LatinIME.apk to other directory change the extension of the copied file from .apk to .zip so i can open the LatinIME.zip with explore then proceed to \res\raw and delete some files leaving main.dict and main_en.dict because i only use English language. next is rename the trimmed file to LatinIME.apk and put back to the ROM. is this right? please confirm
No one is born knowing everything... everyone has to learn. Right?
But to learn you have to listen/read!
If you read the posts behind you would find your answers... http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2098715
Too many people come to the topic and just throw your questions/doubts without the effort of reading the posts earlier to the last one.
What everyone should do is pickup the last post read and continue to read forward.
That way it would save many many posts saying what's been said and questioning what's been questioned.... OK?
Now. About the "how to do it":
1. You keep your ROM.zip intact.
2. Unzip it to a folder.
3. You'll find a "/system/app" folders with the file "LatinIME.apk" (that's the one we want).
4. Open this file with Winzip, Winrar, 7zip, whatever you use...
5. You'll find several "main_**.dict" files inside "/res/raw folders".
6. Delete the languages (*.dict files) you don't need and save the "LatinIME.apk" file.
7. Open the ROM with the UnZiper and the "/system/app" folders and delete the "LatinIME.apk" inside.
8. Throw the new
"LatinIME.apk" file to that folder and save the ROM.zip..... Voilá!!!
Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!