Photo

[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 69 votes

• Please log in to reply
3446 replies to this topic

JimBobBobJim

JimBobBobJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So far, so good-ish: cleaned, wiped and installed the 6/3 release but the digitizer isn't responding. Doesn't appear to be a common issue after browsing the thread, so has anyone else come across the issue (and have a fix)? For what it's worth, the digitizer is a replacement from a ZTE Blade, after breaking the one on the San Francisco, and it works fine under Swedish Snow...

Thanks.

Lazaroid

Lazaroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

use mp4 videos, those plays well
:)

Mp4 with baseline profile higher profile won't work

Thanks for the pointers. Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but might help others:

I had a quick go at just straight converting them (ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline foo_bar.mp4) and it did let me select hardware decoding but was still laggy (resolution was 720x576 scaled to 1024x576 for the correct aspect ratio).

I'm now rescaling to 512x288, i.e. half the scaled resolution with: ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline -s 512:288 foo_bar.mp4

These seem to play back pretty much perfectly, although bizarrely MxPlayer immediately exits if I have it set to h/w as default decoder. However, I can immediately switch to h/w and it's happy! Such is life! :)

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

Well you should google "a-gps" to get a more accurate answer, but the idea is that your blade makes use of positioning tables for your gps to fix satellites more quickly.
These tables are downloaded from the internet but different servers are available: the more "local" your server is, the quicker the fix (in theory).

Still haven't look at A-GPS over Google but...
I thought that the almanac was downloaded directly from the GPS satellites! That's why the "cold start" takes so long to acquire position!

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

Thanks for the pointers. Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but might help others:

I had a quick go at just straight converting them (ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline foo_bar.mp4) and it did let me select hardware decoding but was still laggy (resolution was 720x576 scaled to 1024x576 for the correct aspect ratio).

I'm now rescaling to 512x288, i.e. half the scaled resolution with: ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline -s 512:288 foo_bar.mp4

These seem to play back pretty much perfectly, although bizarrely MxPlayer immediately exits if I have it set to h/w as default decoder. However, I can immediately switch to h/w and it's happy! Such is life! :)

Just convert every video to 480x800 in mp4 format and enjoy. And use h/w decoder not the h/w+ decoder

ivenae

ivenae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

my gallery preview is fine, with videos too. Of course f you have big pictures, it takes veeryy long time to load preview at the first time. After you have loaded them once, those loads fine and quickly always :)

not here! video previews are not available in gallerie, quickpic and also in whatsapp after uploading a video to friends. me myself an those who get this uploaded videofile only see a video icon instead of a thumbnail-picture captured out of the video.

this happens only for the videos which are made with the integrated camera. videos sent from other phones or which are still on my sd-card from my old phone have a correct thumbnail. I'm not sure if videos work which are made with an older image with this phone.

kamal_saran

kamal_saran

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:dell xcd35
Hey everybuddy I have a problem I'm Trying to port slimbean from skate...version using guide at xda about how to port ROM..... Everything works fine ..but root is not working.....anybuddy tell me what to do.....I'm using cm10.1 as Base....:rolleyes:

ElusiveRaccon

ElusiveRaccon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:BLADE
Has anybody found fix for the bluetooth problem? I am unable to scan any bluetooth device on 06\03 update.

memedroid123

memedroid123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (TFT - GEN2)
My Bluetooth is working fine :P

thanasis00

thanasis00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

My Bluetooth is working fine :P

Have you tried to turn off bt from blade and turn it on back again to see if it's pairing again? That was the issue that i had in the previous release, so i turned to daemon's 4.1.2 that works perfectly.

khizhny

khizhny

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (ak Blade, Spark)
I wonder. Our blade have 512M RAM but system shows just 420Mb. Even if suppose that RAM 512 000 000 bytes it still should be 488Mb. Anyone knows where the rest 46Mb?

kamal_saran

kamal_saran

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

I wonder. Our blade have 512M RAM but system shows just 420Mb. Even if suppose that RAM 512 000 000 bytes it still should be 488Mb. Anyone knows where the rest 46Mb?

It's system reserved:rolleyes:

Rucha

Rucha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@None
Is there openvpn client in this firmware? I cannot find it.. I used to openvpn in cm 7.2 without any problems.

Ceaușescu

Ceaușescu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Some etas?

brob57

brob57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:zte blade cm 10 konstat
I have also problem with bluetooth, not with apparing,but over 50 centimeter, it doesn't work anymore

kamal_saran

kamal_saran

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hey everybuddy I have a problem I'm Trying to port slimbean from skate...version using guide at xda about how to port ROM..... Everything works fine ..but root is not working.....anybuddy tell me what to do.....I'm using cm10.1 as Base....:rolleyes:

Anybody or should I make a seperate thread.:rolleyes:

Edited by kamal_saran, 24 March 2013 - 03:46 PM.

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Hi

I'm new to CM10.1 from Swedish Snow - no winges or whines from me - just questions looking for solutions. :)

I had Car Home by Google in SS - I now can't install this from the Play Store as its not compatible. Is there any way round this? Really liked this as its free and easy to use.

I also appear to be missing Superuser, No-frills CPU control and VM Heap Tool - are these no longer required in CM10.1 or should I install them.
I've read in a previous post to switch to smartassv2 governor - cant work out how to do this unless I install CPU control.

android@sam

android@sam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Computers, MObilez...
  • Devices:DELL XCD35 aka ZTE BLADE

Hi

I'm new to CM10.1 from Swedish Snow - no winges or whines from me - just questions looking for solutions. :)

I had Car Home by Google in SS - I now can't install this from the Play Store as its not compatible. Is there any way round this? Really liked this as its free and easy to use.

I also appear to be missing Superuser, No-frills CPU control and VM Heap Tool - are these no longer required in CM10.1 or should I install them.
I've read in a previous post to switch to smartassv2 governor - cant work out how to do this unless I install CPU control.

You can change the governor settings by going to
performance >processor>CPU governor.

Sony Ericsson UI On your ZTE BLADE

"CYANSCAPE"

crazzy_boy

crazzy_boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Hi

about the governor, you need to unlock the programmer options. Go to "about the phone" in settings, tap 7 times on the build number. Then you can change the governor in da performance button in settings

sontarasan

sontarasan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Fantastic, Thanks Android@Sam and Crazzy-boy

anyone any ideas on installing Car Home or should I be looking at an alternative car route planner?

haary

haary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
European ZTE Blade TPT upgraded to Gen2, rebranded as "BASE Lutea" by the provider. Upgraded from CM 7.2.

The ROM is reasonably fast, considering that this is Android 4.2 running on a 600 Mhz single-core CPU.
Everything I tested worked so far. It was fascinating to see all these shiny new JB apps running on this old phone. But it was clearly slower then Cyanogenmod 7.2. (Android 2.3.x)

But there was finally one show stopper: The microphone was incredibly low-voiced to the point that e. g. voice search didn't work (it didn't recognize anything) and persons I called couldn't understand me, unless I screamed directly into the mic.

Re-flashing back to Cyanogenmod 7.2 fixed the microphone volume issue.

No "whining", just a report. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users