- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

oisin1001

oisin1001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
About half an hour ago, the glorious screen on my Ascend G 300 got smashed while getting out of a car. The screen is pretty much destroyed, but still works. I was a bit shocked, as it wasn't a massive drop.

Anyway, I have B934 installed, with CWM. I want to get the phone returned to my local Vodafone store if possible. What's the best way to cover up all of this? I have that white splash screen from when I flashed the Chinese ICS update a while back, so I've no chance if they turn on the device, as it won't have the Vodafone logo. Will it be best if I just reinstall the stock ROM

Thanks!

Kelthar

Kelthar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend
If you have a nandroid backup, restore it. I'm not sure if it also restores the boot splash screen, but if it doesn't you can try and follow this guide: http://www.modaco.co...-splash-screen/

It should allow you to restore the splash screen.

PS: If you don't have a gel cover, you should try and get one. They're cheap and can save your phone!

Edited by Kelthar, 21 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
You can Just flash stock b936 update.app if you don't mind loosing your data. That will fix the splash screen and it will be back on stock

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
What are you expecting when you take it back? Not thinking the rom will be the biggest obstacle to them doing anything.

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
It is a hardware repair, chances are they will replace the screen and flash the latest update anyway, they normally do that as a matter of course for the phones I have had repaired. They are unlikely to dispute it on grounds of a custom rom as smashed screen is not a warranty job. You will have to pay for it. Just get your data off it if you can and have vodafone send it away.

blackanchorage

blackanchorage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
When this happened to me, they wanted over £100 to fix. Eventually bought a new one and sold the old one on ebay for £30 or so.

scottwild.co

scottwild.co

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Nexus
  • Twitter:@scott_arten

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users