Default Ringtone

Guest MickJack

Guest MickJack

I am on Cyda's Stock+ the 944 version, works well for me - but, and I know this is not rom related, if or when the phone reboots, sometimes the Default Ringtone replaces the mp3 I like to use.

I guess I cannot stop reboots, and it is not replaced every time, random

So what are my solutions ?

Can I replace the system default ringtone with my mp3 just renamed so the system is fooled ? I have looked for the default ringtone but been unable to find it........ any clues out there.

thanks for reading this.

Guest unaszplodrmann

I am on Cyda's Stock+ the 944 version, works well for me - but, and I know this is not rom related, if or when the phone reboots, sometimes the Default Ringtone replaces the mp3 I like to use.

I guess I cannot stop reboots, and it is not replaced every time, random

So what are my solutions ?

Can I replace the system default ringtone with my mp3 just renamed so the system is fooled ? I have looked for the default ringtone but been unable to find it........ any clues out there.

thanks for reading this.

This problem is inherent to all ROMs based on the Huawei releases.

You can:

1) Use a CyanogenMod ROM instead.

2) set persist.sys.main_storage back to the default value ("internal_sd") and also set the default storage location to "Internal Storage" in Settings>Storage

If you take the latter, you will have to relocate ringtones etc to the internal storage and otherwise manually set the path for other app data that you wish to store on an SD card.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Yes, or you can place your ringtones/notification sound on /media.

Regards !!

That would be good advice, if /media existed.

Yes, additional ringtones could be moved to /system/media/audio/ringtones. You'll want to do this using a file manager with "root" access, which, IIRC, Stock+ includes by default.

Guest MickJack

Thanks for your time, guess it's the CyanogenMod ROM soon, putting the ringtone in /system/media/audio/ringtones [exists], would it need to be oog or can remain mp3 ?

Edited by MickJack

Guest unaszplodrmann

Thanks for your time, guess it's the CyanogenMod ROM soon, putting the ringtone in /system/media/audio/ringtones [exists], would it need to be oog or can remain mp3 ?

I've never tried. I presume if mp3s can be used as ringtones, it desn't matter where they reside. If you want it to loop, you'll need to convert it to ogg vorbis and set an ANDROID_LOOP tag to true.