Any official way to downgrade B952...

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

To anything that's not ICS related.

I hate it, what a complete disappointment. Phone now runs like a sack of poop, games freeze on a regular basis and I just don't like the feel of it!

Come back GB all is forgiven..

Guest billpine

Nope, nothing official. That was the first time downgrading was official anyway.

Balls!

Maybe they'll make something available if enough people tell them ICS is shite on the G300!

There is one. You can backup your imei, then change it to 0, flash a Gingerbread dload folder, and restore your imei. Not sure why it works, but I used it once. There's a guide somewhere.

Guest Hogweed

There is one. You can backup your imei, then change it to 0, flash a Gingerbread dload folder, and restore your imei. Not sure why it works, but I used it once. There's a guide somewhere.

Section 6 of

Guest billpine

I recently bought a second hand g300 that had been upgraded to b952.I've been quite surprised by how good it is tbh (vodabloat excepted) .

I suppose it boils down to personal preference. ICS on this handset is laggy, texting is a nightmare, more times than not the phone wants to play catch up when inputting text sometimes even inputting numbers instead of letters, some games are a waste of time as they don't load.. jeez, the list goes on. Maybe it a hardware problem or flashed wrong somewhere along the line, it just doesn't have that spritely GB feel. Beats me!?

Thanks to the 2 fella's for info and link!!

I suppose it boils down to personal preference. ICS on this handset is laggy, texting is a nightmare, more times than not the phone wants to play catch up when inputting text sometimes even inputting numbers instead of letters, some games are a waste of time as they don't load.. jeez, the list goes on. Maybe it a hardware problem or flashed wrong somewhere along the line, it just doesn't have that spritely GB feel. Beats me!?

Thanks to the 2 fella's for info and link!!

Crikey.i dont use the phone that much its the mrs's ,but it doesn't have the probs yours seems to be getting,if anything i'd say it was less laggy than my own cm9 g300 (and i wouldn't call that particularly laggy,just when closing apps).

In fact ,rather than putting a diff rom on it as i planned ,i'm just going to root/cwm and unlock it and leave it as is

Guest billpine

Crikey.i dont use the phone that much its the mrs's ,but it doesn't have the probs yours seems to be getting,if anything i'd say it was less laggy than my own cm9 g300 (and i wouldn't call that particularly laggy,just when closing apps).

In fact ,rather than putting a diff rom on it as i planned ,i'm just going to root/cwm and unlock it and leave it as is

Mmmm, your not the only one I've chatted to who doesn't have my phones problems. I'm starting to wonder if it has some dodgy ram or something?

I've got to book it in for a repair, the screen has developed a line fault down the screen, I'll ask them to check it out while it's there I think.

Still a bit of a mystery though :blink:

Edited by billpine

Guest unaszplodrmann

It sounds like your phone is simply under heavy load. Apart from really light users, everyone will experience symptoms such as input delay on the keyboard at some point. But the last couple of official ICS builds for the G300 are not really markedly slower than GB, they just have more bugs, largely thanks to some bizarre choices by Huawei. The official Vodaphone builds will suffer from running short of RAM more frequently because of the extra branded crap they have running from startup by default.

If however, you've not got a bunch of extra downloaded apps running constantly, or a particular app is misbehaving (quite likely with Android), then yeah, you might have a hardware issue.