Cannot change splash screen [SOLVED]

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

I used the imei zero method to upgrade from B926 to B952. I backed up my imei in B926, restored a zero imei, installed the update.app and restored the imei backup I made in B926. After that I had to wipe data before my original imei showed up correctly in B952. Since then the phone is working great, no problems at all, but I realized that I cannot change my splash screen and I think it is related to the imei backup. When I restored the zero imei, my splash screen was changed, and after restoring the original imei it was changed back to what I had.

I'm sure the zips I have should be working since I used them several times before. I also know another user that is having the same problem after the same procedure. He also tried restoring an imei backup done in gb and still cannot change the splash screen. Any ideas?

Edit: I am not talking about the boot animation included in many roms, but the splash screen which is the first one you see when you power on your phone.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest alkalinorap

I have the same problem, I changed IMEI many times for install some ROMS but this last time I can't change splash image flashing zip as before.

Any solution?

Thanks.

I used the imei zero method to upgrade from B926 to B952. I backed up my imei in B926, restored a zero imei, installed the update.app and restored theICS roms imei backup I made in B926.

Interesting :)

I am still on B926 base.

Could you have a look at 3G connection speed, if it gets up to 11?

All other roms I've seen only get to 9.

Cheers

Ahh - I think the solution is quite intelligent :P

Edited by KaterM

Guest jsevi83

Interesting :)

I am still on B926 base.

Could you have a look at 3G connection speed, if it gets up to 11?

All other roms I've seen only get to 9.

Cheers

Ahh - I think the solution is quite intelligent :P

Only B926 has HSPA:11, all the others have HSDPA:9. But I'm not sure that B926 has a faster connection than others, even if it displays HSPA:11.

Guest hippy dave

the highest i've seen mine show since changing to b926 baseband is :10, whereas previously i hadn't seen higher than :9

data does seem faster, and speedtest.net scores were higher after switching.