[cm9] Adreno GPU JB library upgrade for cyanogenmod 9

Guest parvata

Guest parvata

Here is an update for the adreno GPU libraries based on JB. I have installed this update on top of cm9 and have noticed slight improvement in the UI response. Install and let me know if it improves the UI response slightly. I have already checked these libraries into thepasto's repository.

To flash the zip file:

- adb reboot recovery

- Install from zip file on sd card. Choose the zip file and flash the file

This is my first signed flashable file so let me know if it works or doesn't. It worked fine on my phone.

Enjoy!

Edited by parvata

Guest parvata

I'm gonna install this and then post the results.

As I told you I flashed it on my device. When flashing try to toggle the sign check. If it fails it would fail in the signature check. Otherwise there would not be any problem flashing the update on a cm9 based acer liquid.

As I told you I flashed it on my device. When flashing try to toggle the sign check. If it fails it would fail in the signature check. Otherwise there would not be any problem flashing the update on a cm9 based acer liquid.

I just flashed this on my Huawei Ascend G300 and it seems to work OK.

My results

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/359958-JB-library-upgrade-for-CM9

Edited by kyan31

Guest yayakuya

someone please fix the updater-script, it's seems like fake successful flash but nothing happened. even has change a signature toggle, give me a fake report. then when i change it (META-INF folder) with a new one, now it's pretty works :)

thanks anyway for this great job, cheers......

Guest parvata

someone please fix the updater-script, it's seems like fake successful flash but nothing happened. even has change a signature toggle, give me a fake report. then when i change it (META-INF folder) with a new one, now it's pretty works :)

thanks anyway for this great job, cheers......

Can you tell me why you think it is a fake successful flash? A bit more details would be helpful. Thanks.

Guest yayakuya

Can you tell me why you think it is a fake successful flash? A bit more details would be helpful. Thanks.

cwm recovery said it's done and successful to flash it. for ensure that things was installed, then i check for /system/etc/firmware/. but nothing changed... because in my LG L3 there's no file with name "leia_pm4_470". then i change whole updater-script in META-INF folder with a new one (i take it from Gapps.zip) with some editing on updater-script. when i flash it again, i was made it n that'd works for me, even without have to toggle signature. thanks again dude, great job :)

Guest parvata

cwm recovery said it's done and successful to flash it. for ensure that things was installed, then i check for /system/etc/firmware/. but nothing changed... because in my LG L3 there's no file with name "leia_pm4_470". then i change whole updater-script in META-INF folder with a new one (i take it from Gapps.zip) with some editing on updater-script. when i flash it again, i was made it n that'd works for me, even without have to toggle signature. thanks again dude, great job :)

oh ok. I made this update only for Acer based phones and Acer phones use yamato firmware and not leia. So I did not include these firmware files. Thanks.

Guest yayakuya

oh ok. I made this update only for Acer based phones and Acer phones use yamato firmware and not leia. So I did not include these firmware files. Thanks.

but before i flash it, i saw two leia files on it. and yes, there's yamato files too. have you check it? i just wanna know, what is that mean? thanks in advance :)

Guest parvata

but before i flash it, i saw two leia files on it. and yes, there's yamato files too. have you check it? i just wanna know, what is that mean? thanks in advance :)

Oh, yes the files are there indeed. I thought I removed them when I prepared the zip files. Although they are there these files are pretty useless for acer. I guess this is zip file is flashable for any adreno based android device running ICS then :-).

• 1 year later...