3G not selectable on G300 :(

Guest gzola25

Guest gzola25

Hi all,

It's Christian here :-) a newbie to the site and also to Android. I currently own an iphone 4, however I bought a Huawei G300 which was already on ICS. On the lastest update. The Vodaphone stuff is still on there but I have a 3 sim connected. The phone is great except for the 3G. It's just not there and does not work :(.

I wanted to mess around by rooting the device then changing the ROM. However when I try to route the phone I just get errors.

It's probably me but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. :)

Thanks again people, looking forward to speak to a few of you soon. :)

Christian

Guest gzola25

Have you tried changing your APN settings?

Hi mate :-\ I'm such a newbie with this, I would not know where to start :( I was reading up last night, but didn't know where to start lol

Sorry to be so green. :unsure:

Hi mate :-\ I'm such a newbie with this, I would not know where to start :( I was reading up last night, but didn't know where to start lol

Sorry to be so green. :unsure:

Go to

Settings > More> Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

Then change the internet settings to:

Name:

3 APN: three.co.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username:

Password:

Server:

MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

MMS Proxy: mms.three.co.uk

MMS Port: 8799

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 20

APN Type:

Then your internet hopefully should work.

I'm not using three so I can't be sure if its going to work, but try it anyway, it won't hurt ;)

Edited by kyan31

Guest gzola25

Go to

Settings > More> Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

Then change the internet settings to:

Name:

3 APN: three.co.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username:

Password:

Server:

MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

MMS Proxy: mms.three.co.uk

MMS Port: 8799

MMS Protocol:

WAP 2.0

MCC: 234

MNC: 20

APN Type:

Then your internet hopefully should work.

I'm not using three so I can't be sure if its going to work, but try it anyway, it won't hurt ;)

Cheers mate,

just found this as well :)

Great news, I now have 3g :) Now I can start to really mess with the mobile.

Thanks again

Hi gzola

Just watch out for the next gotcha - the crappy vodaphone bloatware.One of which will drop your connection and try and log on to the vodaphone network.I managed to get rid of it using rom toolbox lite,but it wasn't straightforward and i'm not competant enough to offer advice on how to do it im sorry.( I dont mind the possibility of messing up my own phone,but dont want to mess someone elses up :) )

Just ask in here if you do get that problem - someone will be able to help

Edited by JRow

Guest gzola25

-1 for helping an iPhone user ;) :P

dude I can't change yet, been jailbroken for 2 years. I'm not even close to IOS 6 :) ...This is my daughters mobile ;-). I'm now looking for a cheap Android to play with :). The G300 really has taken my eye :)

Guest gzola25

P.s you really need to root your phone, and install a custom recovery. Your missing out on a lot of cool roms :D

I will be buying one for myself. I will root it once I get it :) Then I will need more help ;-) lol

Guest gzola25

Hi gzola

Just watch out for the next gotcha - the crappy vodaphone bloatware.One of which will drop your connection and try and log on to the vodaphone network.I managed to get rid of it using rom toolbox lite,but it wasn't straightforward and i'm not competant enough to offer advice on how to do it im sorry.( I dont mind the possibility of messing up my own phone,but dont want to mess someone elses up :) )

Just ask in here if you do get that problem - someone will be able to help

Cheers mate,

Fingers crossed, the phone is working fine ATM :)