53 replies to this topic

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

I'd really like to try this as I get a pretty variable reception at home. I've downloaded the above files and installed the app but it ain't working. I'm presuming I need to install the other files but I don't know how, could someone explain as long as it's not too complex?

Ta,
Stu.

Copy the SignalBoost folder you downloaded into C:\SanDiego\tools. Then create a new text document and paste the following into it ;-

adb.exe kill-server
adb.exe start-server
adb.exe wait-for-device
adb remount
sleep 5
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\app\signalboost.apk /system/app
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\etc\rild.conf /system/etc
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libganril.so /system/lib
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libkineto.so /system/lib
adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\librilswitch.so /system/lib
adb reboot
sleep 5
adb.exe kill-server

save the text file into C:\SanDiego\tools and rename it to a .bat file. Plug your phone in and run the .bat file you just created.

I've just installed it and it runs perfectly, you'll find the app in your app drawer.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

SignalBoost app along with other system files that are required - just in case the ROM doesn't have them (although the Xolo ROM does appear to)

Download

Thanks for the download, although it definitely wasn't on mine. In fact I don't believe it's been on any of the zips I've installed and I had to reflash Xolo today after soft bricking it with your google apps pack (that was probably my fault by the way).

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
Xolo ICS doesn't have the apk - although it has the libs for some reason. Orange ICS has the apk if you've upgraded from Gingerbread to ICS. New phones are coming with ICS installed don't appear to have SignalBoost which is rather odd.

Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:OSF, OSD
Can't get this to install. I've not tried anything like this since I last tried to re-install Orange ICS when my screen started flickering after the update in November. I've got the Intel drivers installed properly along with the tool that Ricky had developed at the beginning of November. Any ideas what I should do? Delete Orange folder and download the new AIO tool?

Ta,
Stu.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Can't get this to install. I've not tried anything like this since I last tried to re-install Orange ICS when my screen started flickering after the update in November. I've got the Intel drivers installed properly along with the tool that Ricky had developed at the beginning of November. Any ideas what I should do? Delete Orange folder and download the new AIO tool?

Ta,
Stu.

Presuming you're rooted have you tried the script I posted farther up? If so at what point did it fail? Any screenshots perhaps?

Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
No, not rooted. The phone is stock Orange ICS as it was when it was returned to me following it's repair. Sounds like I need to start from the beginning but I'm not sure how?

Thanks,
Stu.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

No, not rooted. The phone is stock Orange ICS as it was when it was returned to me following it's repair. Sounds like I need to start from the beginning but I'm not sure how?

Thanks,
Stu.

I'm afraid you have to be rooted to push apps to /system

Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Ok, so I need to install the new tool. What do I about the old one, just delete the folder from c:? I'm presuming I don't need to bother with the backup file as I've never actually used it for anything with this phone? Is it ok to leave the Intel drivers as they are or do they need to be installed after the aio tool?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
Presuming you're talking about Ricky s aio tool (since this thread is for the signal boost app, which by the way isn't in the Xolo rom so needs to be run separately) then the Intel drivers are separate from the aio tool and once installed correctly wont be touched.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Presuming you're talking about Ricky s aio tool (since this thread is for the signal boost app, which by the way isn't in the Xolo rom so needs to be run separately) then the Intel drivers are separate from the aio tool and once installed correctly wont be touched.

Edit :- perhaps the SignalBoost app could be added to flibbelsans pack in the future?

Horsa

Horsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:OSD, Sony Xperia U
I'm going to the pub this afternoon so I should be able to give the app a test.

The bar has poor/no signal, but great wi-fi.

mmbika

mmbika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
This app requires WiFi connection to function, can it work when you are not connected to any WiFi network or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network? and

Will this signal booster app be useful for users outside UK?

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
No. Orange UK only, as only their network supports it

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

This app requires WiFi connection to function, can it work when you are not connected to any WiFi network or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network? and

Will this signal booster app be useful for users outside UK?

It uses the WiFi to send/recieve texts and calls only when there is no mobile signal so no, it wont work without a WiFi connection (which should be obvious to be honest).
"or say you can creat any hotspot in remote area but if you do not internet connection to that WiFi network?", I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
As utternoob says, it's UK only as far as I'm aware.

mmbika

mmbika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
OK, I was a bit confused as to it if it was going to boost the actual mobile reception signal by the way of very name of it and thought there was some kind of special technology or kernel modules being awakened to boost the reception in fringe areas, something like more powerful antenna!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

OK, I was a bit confused as to it if it was going to boost the actual mobile reception signal by the way of very name of it and thought there was some kind of special technology or kernel modules being awakened to boost the reception in fringe areas, something like more powerful antenna!

lol, nice idea but nothing so fancy, it simple uses the Orange server instead of a mast. Similar to how Skype works I suppose.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
Anyone noticed that the house never goes green?

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Biohead

Biohead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
When I was running Xolo, mine did go green after a while.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
Ah right. Using Orange ICS, but not sure. Will create a .bat script later to do it properly, as only copied and pasted it before

Biohead

Biohead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
I'm running Orange ICS now and it's working... did you remember to push all the files?

If I remember, rild.conf already existed on my handset but I only got Signal Boost working when I replaced the existing file with the one provided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users