[Mod] 'Stock' Android 4.0.4 pack for Xolo ICS

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

This isn't a custom ROM. It isn't even a ROM. Read carefully and you'll understand.

Best used on a fresh Xolo ICS installation. Make sure you have adb-insecure app installed and enabled. This is so adb is patched to allow the use of the remount command.

You can also use this with the All-in-One tool by rickywyatt with a small change. Create a folder called 'xolodx' inside the tools folder where you install the All-in-One tool to and move both the 'app' and 'framework' folder from my ZIP into the 'xolodx' folder. Then when you use the Xolo Deodexed option in the All-In-One tool it'll use my pack instead. Then to install the extra options you can use the tool as normal.

What is this?

This is a quick pack which will remove Xolo apps from a FRESH installation of the Xolo ICS ROM, and provide some updates to pre-installed Google apps.

• All Xolo apps are removed so you will no longer be pestered to register with Xolo. Update service has been removed so your phone is 100% safe from updates that may remove root.
  • Social Gallery - a known battery hog - has been removed.
  • Bookmark sync has been enabled
  • Chrome updated and sync enabled
  • Stock ICS gallery application added to replace Social Gallery
  • Calendar replaced with Google version - Play store updatable
  • Google Apps updated with market versions so they will update correctly (Google+ downgraded to one that works with Picasa sync)
  • All apps and framework de-odexed
  • Stock DeskClock app with working widget!

Additionally, Flash has been updated to a newer library. I am unsure of any differences.

libhoudini will be updated to improve app compatibility, especially with Unity games.

Also framework has been updated to enable the ICS 'CRT' screen off animation.

How to use?

Mod has now been integrated into the AIO-Tool by rickywyatt

Use at your own risk. I cannot be responsible for your phone exploding, abusing your dog, ruining your dinner or stealing your Jaffa Cakes.

No liability etc. But do you reckon it's sweet to use if I've already done some of the things included manually?

Edit:- Brilliant package BTW.

Edited by Horsa

Guest Simon O

It'll be fine if you've already made some of the changes and it should be fine if you've use any mods from the all-in-one tool. You can even use this with the All-in-one tool by moving the app and framework folders to the 'xolodx' folder where the tools are installed, then use it with the Xolo Deodexed option.

I'll add this to the first post as some people might find it easier to use the all-in-one tool.

Guest Simon O

Could I install the razr i camera apk normally instead of doing the rest as well? Where did you get the apk from?

You can push it to /system/app/

I got it from the RAZR i dump that I found at XDA-Developers.

I have just installed it, it works really well. Thanks. The razr camera app is nicer but i will miss burst mode if only as a flashy feature. I might put that back later.

You can push it to /system/app/

I got it from the RAZR i dump that I found at XDA-Developers.

Hi

Have already done most of the things in the pack so wouldn't be probably using it

.. But thanks a lot :-)

A small request can you please upload the apk for Razr I camera app?

Guest Simon O

Few extra files:

MusicFX.apk - Music Equalizer (I stupidly removed this from the 'stock' pack)

MotCamera.apk - Motorola RAZR I camera app

IntelCamera.apk - Intel Camera app (the Stock Xolo ICS camera app)

Download, unzip then use adb to push to /system/app/ like:

adb push MotCamera.apk /system/app/

adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/*

Which will ensure permissions are set correctly.

Few extra files:

MusicFX.apk - Music Equalizer (I stupidly removed this from the 'stock' pack)

MotCamera.apk - Motorola RAZR I camera app

IntelCamera.apk - Intel Camera app (the Stock Xolo ICS camera app)

Download, unzip then use adb to push to /system/app/ like:

adb push MotCamera.apk /system/app/

adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/*

Which will ensure permissions are set correctly.

thanks !!!

and a greedy request... could you somehow give us the GB Xolo camera app??? it had a truck load of options!!! would be very grateful if you could somehow put it up

Edited by xgt001

Thanks for the motorola razr i camera apk, it's pretty nice. I didn't pushed it to system/app just installed it as a normal app and it works. Should I expect something to go wrong? Does the stock galery in your mod inculde sync to picasa?

Couple of wee things chum, in your Linux script-

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/plugins/com.android.flashplayer/libflashplayer.so

should read -

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/libflashplayer.so

also

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/libfaceunlock_jni.so

should read

adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/libfacelock_jni.so
Edited by Horsa

Guest mickael

Hello

I would like to install this deodex rom on my Xolo ICS San Diego , just like you say i don't use clean install so it's probably for that i have XOLO logo and the phone won't start .

When i Unbrick it say before segmentation fault .

I try a second time with clean install , now it's not problem with titaniuml Backup :D

EDIT : second time i test segmentation fault(core dumped) ^^

I don't understand what is wrong .

Edited by mickael

Guest smthers

Right......

Apparently syncing Picasa web ablums is no longer supported with the Stock ICS gallery app, and Google are trying to get people to use Google+ instead. Great, thanks a bunch Google!

Guest mickael

Rahhh three time with clean install and stay to XOLO logo ^^

What is wrong ? It's because i enable start at boot and unsecure adbd on adbd apk ?

It's possible to know how flash deodex ROM ? Thanks .

EDIT : Or it's normal and i don't wait ?

EDIT2 : I find ^^ i just put system to deodex folder and not APP and FRAMEWORK that the first post say XD

Sorry

EDIT3 and it work :D

Edited by mickael

Guest Simon O

Argh. Sorry about the typos in the scripts.. I did that quite late at night and didn't double check them :(

Oh and the stock Gallery app does work with Picasa sync if you don't use Google Plus. Just remove the Google Plus app.

Also there is a bug with the latest Google Plus which is causes all synced images to show black. I hope they fix it.

I'll probably fix and update this pack tomorrow

Argh. Sorry about the typos in the scripts.. I did that quite late at night and didn't double check them :(

I read the second about a dozen times before I spotted what was up with it. :D

Guest smthers

Oh and the stock Gallery app does work with Picasa sync if you don't use Google Plus. Just remove the Google Plus app.

Also there is a bug with the latest Google Plus which is causes all synced images to show black. I hope they fix it.

Completely the other way round here - I can see my album titles and pictures in Google+, and album titles with black images in the ICS Gallery.

I've tried signing out of Google+ and rebooting, but I still only get black images in Gallery. Any ideas?

Guest Simon O

You either need to completely remove the PlusOne.apk or use an older version. I found that version 3.1.1 works but you obviously lose the very new features from the app. Google seem to be aware of the issues (it appears to be permissions related).

Plus 3.1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?3xaihl2zclzx3tn

unzip

adb push PlusOne.apk /system/app/PlusOne.apk

then reboot

Guest Simon O

I've been thinking about a better way of doing this stock pack and I think integrating it into the all-in-one pack would be a better solution. I've asked ricky what he thinks.

Guest jasonXXx

@mod

Fantastic work thanks. I only bought my osd couple of days ago I actually had a sgs2 and sold for £200 to buy nexus 4 and decided to just get osd and have £100 left and I expected a slow sluggish phone but I feel like its a upgrade to the sgs2 really pleased. Only suggestion I would give just to make the phone a but cleaner I have ocd lol remove the setting menu ota update option I think this can be done via settings.apk and is there a way to remove the power widget from the pulldown?