Best used on a fresh Xolo ICS installation. Make sure you have adb-insecure app installed and enabled. This is so adb is patched to allow the use of the remount command.
You can also use this with the All-in-One tool by rickywyatt with a small change. Create a folder called 'xolodx' inside the tools folder where you install the All-in-One tool to and move both the 'app' and 'framework' folder from my ZIP into the 'xolodx' folder. Then when you use the Xolo Deodexed option in the All-In-One tool it'll use my pack instead. Then to install the extra options you can use the tool as normal.
What is this?
This is a quick pack which will remove Xolo apps from a FRESH installation of the Xolo ICS ROM, and provide some updates to pre-installed Google apps.
- All Xolo apps are removed so you will no longer be pestered to register with Xolo. Update service has been removed so your phone is 100% safe from updates that may remove root.
- Social Gallery - a known battery hog - has been removed.
- Bookmark sync has been enabled
- Chrome updated and sync enabled
- Stock ICS gallery application added to replace Social Gallery
- Calendar replaced with Google version - Play store updatable
- Google Apps updated with market versions so they will update correctly (Google+ downgraded to one that works with Picasa sync)
- All apps and framework de-odexed
- Stock DeskClock app with working widget!
libhoudini will be updated to improve app compatibility, especially with Unity games.
Also framework has been updated to enable the ICS 'CRT' screen off animation.
How to use?
Mod has now been integrated into the AIO-Tool by rickywyatt
Use at your own risk. I cannot be responsible for your phone exploding, abusing your dog, ruining your dinner or stealing your Jaffa Cakes.