jtc42

jtc42

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@joelsack
So, aside from the hacked version of Google Wallet that we can't easily top-up, has anyone managed to get any NFC payment systems working on their Nexus 4 in the UK? There seems to be a few around but it's all a bit.... confusing to say the least.

Anybody got anything?

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/One+ One/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa
I am waiting for this too. Either that or Google bringing this officially to the UK

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

One+ One (Sandstone 64Gb)
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

andysalmon

andysalmon

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7
Samsung has had this for some time with the S2/3. Unfortunately unlike the US we don't seem to be embracing it. It is non-existent outside of London.

Foneography: LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S II, Huawei G300, Motorola Defy, HTC Desire, HTC Touch HD2, HTC Touch HD, MDA Vario III, HTC V1615, MDA Vario, MDA Compact, SE P905, Sendo X (CRAP!), Motorola V525, SE P900, Samsung S300, Motorola Mpx 200, Orange SPV, Motorola V50, Nokia 5210, Motorola P7389, Nokia 6210, Nokia 6100, Nokia 5110, Motorola D520, Motorola 8700, Nokia Orange

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega

Samsung has had this for some time with the S2/3. Unfortunately unlike the US we don't seem to be embracing it. It is non-existent outside of London.

I've recently started using my debit card for it and I was sceptical at first but after I tried it it's great. I'd like to see it used on phones without having to get one of those stickers though. I know Paul has his modded Google wallet but I'm trying to avoid rooting as I don't actually need root access and I'm happy with stock android for once

Wayne877

Wayne877

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Htc desire
  • Twitter:@@waynehardy66
Co-op food stores are rolling out NFC terminals nationally at the moment and are set to go live at the end of either this month or the end of march (was about a month ago I did the training).

I would love to know of any payment apps which would take advantage of this, I too would prefer not to root just to use Google wallet.

louca001

louca001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@BobbyBrownPants
Vodafone are working on something called Vodafone SmartPass.

In the UK it's only open to Vodafone employees at the minute and comes in the form of a sticker but ther are plans to roll out a mobile payment app. It already exists on the Google Play store but isn't available within the UK.

https://play.google....smartpass&hl=en

I'll let you know how it goes...

eLJay

eLJay

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo)

Marks and Spencer have tap to pay. If you're inclined to shop there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users