Some Questions about the G300!

Guest markhuges

Guest markhuges

Hello, i have some questions about the G300 Phone, might be planning to buy it for a younger brother

1) Are the Bottom 3 buttons - Real Physical Buttons or are there touch screen buttons?

2) How much roughly does it cost to Unlock - make it work on any sim/network

3) Its would be great if someone could tell me or post a pic any will do : How much % does the screen/Display take - Under Settings > Battery >

4) Can i remove the battery? or is it built in?

5) I am aware that there is a official ICS Update, For those who have used the Offical Update, how is the battery life?

Thank You Very Much! :) :D

1. They are touch sensitive

2. £5 on eBay. Just send them your IMEI and they will send you a email back with the unlock code.

3. I'm running CM9 R5 and it doesn't have battery stats, so I can't tell you. On stock, I rember it bring from 30% to 50%. Sometimes it could drop down to only 5% but then the antenna would go up in percent. To be honest, the battery is good on this phone, but the battery stats are inaccurate.

4. Back cover is removable, it pulls off. It has the battery, sim, and micro SD underneath. The back can be hard to take off the first few times, but you get used to it after the 2nd/3rd time.

5. Battery is good on stock roms, but a lot better on custom roms, especially CM as it has hardware accelerated UI.

P.s I reccomend you get a case as the phone is very un-grippy ^_^

It will slip out your hand with ease, so I recommend getting a rugged case. Gel ones are usually better compared to silicone rubber ones.

The phone has gorilla glass, so a screen protector isn't really needed, but I have one as it came free with my case.

Btw gorilla glass is only scratch proof, not shatter, so try not to drop the phone ;)

Edited by kyan31

Thank You sooo much :)!!! I wish i bought this phone instead for myslef, sadly i was a fool and bought the Orange San Diego :( which plain sucks , :(

Your welcome :D

Edited by kyan31

Guest Pondlife

Other answers are pretty solid.

but

2) there's a free unlock for it. Look on the forum

3) That will depend on how you've used the phone really. If screen kept on it'll use more.

And the San Diego is definitely better and will give longer screen on time in my experience.

Other answers are pretty solid.

but

2) there's a free unlock for it. Look on the forum

3) That will depend on how you've used the phone really. If screen kept on it'll use more.

And the San Diego is definitely better and will give longer screen on time in my experience.

1. There is a free unlock, bit it is quite time consuming and a little dangerous as you need to 0 the IMEI. The unlock code from eBay is 100% safe, and takes less than a minute to use.

2. The San Diego is a good phone, but the Intel processor has many app compatibility issues, and is hard to develop for. Also, the san deigo has a locked bootloader, so development is pretty much impossible.

Another thing I don't like about the orange San Diego is the screen resolution. The resolution is really high, so everything on screen is super small, almost like the phone thinks its a tablet. I think its really unpleasant, and it makes the phone hard to use. This is just my opinion though, some people may like the resolution.

Guest markhuges

Yes, I have the Orange San Diego, and thinking about replacing it with G300 or Sony Xperia U --

The San Diego from Spec wise is very very good which is why i bought it 1gb ram, and 1.6ghz proceser and is blazing fast ---

but honestly after actually using it from what i think and for my needs its very bad, :( the screen simply is a Battery Sucker, and the display is constantly sucking up the battery its around 55%! the battery life is rubbish, This is after, i have disabled, all apps, have all syncs set to off, brightness to lowest, wifi 3g off, plus with battery juice defender, running aggressive, battery is very very poor, example , is i was on whats apps for 2-3 minutes and battery percentage went down 3-4% !!!

On top, of that, the battery is fixed, :( cant even remove it and replace it! and uses a Micro Sim, and the design of the buttons is slightly poor, had to press really hard afraid i might break em

Also, i have another question ^^ Which Sim does the G300 use? is it the normal one, or the micro sim? thank you

and what is the battery in mAH

Thank you and happy new year!

Edited by markhuges

Guest fuzzyy

Yes, I have the Orange San Diego, and thinking about replacing it with G300 or Sony Xperia U --

The San Diego from Spec wise is very very good which is why i bought it 1gb ram, and 1.6ghz proceser and is blazing fast ---

but honestly after actually using it from what i think and for my needs its very bad, :( the screen simply is a Battery Sucker, and the display is constantly sucking up the battery its around 55%! the battery life is rubbish, This is after, i have disabled, all apps, have all syncs set to off, brightness to lowest, wifi 3g off, plus with battery juice defender, running aggressive, battery is very very poor, example , is i was on whats apps for 2-3 minutes and battery percentage went down 3-4% !!!

On top, of that, the battery is fixed, :( cant even remove it and replace it! and uses a Micro Sim, and the design of the buttons is slightly poor, had to press really hard afraid i might break em

Also, i have another question ^^ Which Sim does the G300 use? is it the normal one, or the micro sim? thank you

and what is the battery in mAH

Thank you and happy new year!

It uses the normal, full size sim.

The battery is 1500mAh. You can also get extended batteries and a larger battery cover from eBay.

Guest markhuges

It uses the normal, full size sim.

The battery is 1500mAh. You can also get extended batteries and a larger battery cover from eBay.

umm,, This is excellent news... :)! Now only, once bit left! G300 or U? ... will look and research U a bit more, and how the battery is on that.

Thanks ^ Could you show a link of the Battery extended one and roughly how much will it cost?

Thank You

Guest fuzzyy

umm,, This is excellent news... :)! Now only, once bit left! G300 or U? ... will look and research U a bit more, and how the battery is on that.

Thanks ^ Could you show a link of the Battery extended one and roughly how much will it cost?

Thank You

See here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-replacement-battery-Huawei-U8815-3600mAh-CE-Larger-Sliver-Back-Cover-/300768843451?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item46073856bb

and here http://www.modaco.com/topic/359328-extended-battery-and-cover/

or maybe here http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-Battery-for-Huawei-U8815-p/huawei%20-cs-hu8815wl.htm

I don't have one - the battery easily lasts a day, and if you don't use it all the time, it can make 2 days.