Photo

[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
1183 replies to this topic

shaez

shaez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Awsome update C3C0! I tested the GPS today and I think that the patch included helped, it's faster to get satellites :D

Anyone else have a problem with this update in calls? today I got a bug in a call, I couldn't press the finish call button because on the screen was the lock screen and behind was the call, still in progress. When I unlocked the phone, the call was minimized and I pressed again and it comeback to the lockscreen with the call behind again, but I rebooted the phone and didn´t happened again.
Another question, in the messages can anyone use voice input? Everytime I try it apears "didn't understand. Try again"

Voice input seems not working on the old devices (armv6) :)

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
However, there's a special app in Google Now thread that makes voice input work but I admit it's not very convenient.
Our device is armv6 so there's no way to make it work. I should put this in non-working section in OP.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

nogler21

nogler21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. Thanks for your great work. as explored in this rom sd files

etarek

etarek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate U - V 960
@C3C0

well about the installation way as follows :

1- i have CWM base recovery v4.0.1.4
2- i was working on CM7
3- reboot into recovery
4- wipe data / factory reset
5- wipe cache partitions
6- advanced / wipe dalvik cache
7- install zip from sdcard select the pa_skate - 2.62 - 20 jan 2013
8- Reboot

for the partition layout as shown in the partition info :
/system 166/200 MB
/data 66.48/205 MB
/cache 1.20/35.00
/sdcard ( Fat ) 404MB/665 MB
Ext unavailable

1. System 199/200

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
The rom is wonderful no question, thank you. Only problem I have is with Google maps app, it won't find my location. It says 'please enable Google apps location access' - but it's is enabled with both gps and Wi-Fi/mobile network in general settings, and I can't find any option within maps app settings. Strange.

One little thing if I may ask, it's to add sleep time notification toggle. I got very much used to change this quite often on other roms. Not that important anyway.

Thank you again C3C0, and other devs, just amazing phone.

Edited by Bandaranaike, 21 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
@etarek
I wonder why you have 199MB on system partition when rom + my gapps take up around 190. Did you flash different gapps or anything else on top of the rom?
How about your wifi mac address? Did you unlock the phone (which might wipe your mac address)? Have you tried with different rom?
Can you do a logcat? (using aLogcat app from play store).
What country are you from? Have you tried setting the country in wifi advanced settings?

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

The rom is wonderful no question, thank you. Only problem I have is with Google maps app, it won't find my location. It says 'please enable Google apps location access' - but it's is enabled with both gps and Wi-Fi/mobile network in general settings, and I can't find any option within maps app settings. Strange.

One little thing if I may ask, it's to add sleep time notification toggle. I got very much used to change this quite often on other roms. Not that important anyway.

Thank you again C3C0, and other devs, just amazing phone.

Just tried google maps and it locked my position immediately after launching. What about your GPS settings? Try setting "GPS Source" to internal if you haven't already done so.
Is your system partition big enough for both rom + gapps?

Edited by C3C0, 22 January 2013 - 06:22 AM.

24KiFly24

24KiFly24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Handball, cars, tuning, electronic gadgets:):)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate [RootBox/CM7.2]
  • Twitter:@Béla Bartha

I have a problem with 3g. If I use WiFi than I turn off WiFi to use 3g(its always turned on) the 3g icon stays grey and I can't use. After reboot its work again till I don't use WiFi.

I use 19. Update.

I have to correct myself. It just do it when it use WiFi at longer period e.g evening I put it to charge to morning when I turn off doesn't want to connect to 3g((today I tried to switch between2-3g and its working) anybody has the same?

Anyway its a great ROM thank you C3CO and other devs .

Edited by 24KiFly24, 22 January 2013 - 06:38 AM.

Cookie1990

Cookie1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've installed your Rom, looks nice.
But, i have troubles with my Apps.
If i tryto install an App, it say the Version is incompatyble with my Mobile.
I've already tryed yout Tip from the WTF Section, still not working.

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Just tried google maps and it locked my position immediately after launching. What about your GPS settings? Try setting "GPS Source" to internal if you haven't already done so.
Is your system partition big enough for both rom + gapps?

I reinstalled maps and it works now. Problem was in the first installation I denied granting location access in the pop-up within maps, so later on the app won't recognise changed general settings for some reason.
It is fine now, thank you for answering and all your effort.

Bandaranaike

Bandaranaike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I've installed your Rom, looks nice.
But, i have troubles with my Apps.
If i tryto install an App, it say the Version is incompatyble with my Mobile.
I've already tryed yout Tip from the WTF Section, still not working.

For me it worked after I changed paranoid settings to tablet mode (later I changed it back), but I thing general advice wold be to just mess with your settings/ account A LOT :)

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
Guys any chance of face recognition for screen unlock in our skate ?

skater96

skater96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks C3CO. This is the best ROM ever! You're incredible. Thanks for your hard work.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Guys any chance of face recognition for screen unlock in our skate ?

Er.. the skate doesn't have a front-facing camera.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

RogyHyde

RogyHyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate/ZTE V9+/LG Nexus 4
Hi, I'm trying this rom this morning and I have a trouble: the camera application seems not to exists.
I'm searching and I'm having not result. ¿Is the camera uninstalled?

Great performance in all the rom. It's a pitty not to have camera, :(

Thanks for all your work, buddies! (especially to C3C0 and Tilal for their roms, :D)
Sorry for my english, i'm spanish, and sorry if it's a n00b question.

krissassassin

krissassassin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i appreciate your hard work and dedication, C3C0!
please, can someone add a few screenshots?

sashko69

sashko69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hi, I'm trying this rom this morning and I have a trouble: the camera application seems not to exists.

Thanks for all your work, buddies! (especially to C3C0 and Tilal for their roms, :D)

If you really don't have camera app (although you should, I have it on this ROM) just download it from PlayStore, there are so many of them including ICSCamera, Camera360, LGCamera...

greldon7

greldon7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Excellent ROM, to me, the best one so far!!!!!

I hope I'm not the only one with this question and can help others: how to enalble the sd-ext partition (or how to enable extending the application storage outside internal memory for apps) from scratch with this ROM. Just the steps. Because I have messed up my phone and my card plenty of times when using other ROMs.

And, this one is for @C3C0: regarding the LagFix app, do you think it would work with this ROM to reduce lags? Should we give it a try?

Thank you and keep us with updates, even if they just change one bit, we will try them!!!

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Camera is a part of Gallery. So if you uninstalled gallery, your camera is gone.

shaez

shaez

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
On how many fps does the camera work (practically on all 4.0+ roms)? If this can be improved, it could be the last thing I would like to see in this rom. And then, it would be 100% perfect for my daily use.

Edited by shaez, 22 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users