[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Hint: switch to stock ui before setting up Google account. After setting up Google account you can set different ui layout as desired.

I should have thought about that as a possible root cause of the issue, thanks for the great hint [actually, no need for remove/add of the G account for me, Play saw a device change after the reboot, and asked the usual user agreement, showing it was going to be fine].

Man that was fast! :)

Thank you, I've installed the zip from sdcard, low and behold, IT WORKS! :D

The tactile bug is still there but as I said I suppose it is hardware-related, meanwhile the cursor disappeared. Can't use it now because of that bug, i'll just wait a bit.

The phone used to be a stock SFR (french) Skate.

Out of curiosity was it normal for it to show the cursor? If not what could have been the cause?

Thank you so much really appreciate your dedication. :)

Ahh I see. SFR. Those have different touchscreen hardware. Solution is quite simple.

Go here, download and flash S4 kernel.

You don't need to flash the file I gave you previously. The S4 package already contains everything needed.

Cool i already flashed it is it OK to flash S4 upon it? Do I just "install zip from SD" as for the previous file or does kernel flashing require some specific manoeuvers?

Thanks!

PS: you wouldn't take bitcoins as donations would you? I'm not using PP anymore since the wikileaks BS...

Guest Schwedenbitter

@C3C0

:unsure: Unfortunately I had to stop testing your ROMs due to my exams. But I'll start again in April. I already took a look at your goo.im account. Besides the JB ROM there are files like dev_skate-3.00...

What is it?

Right now I don't have the time to read al 45 pages of this thread. And I couln't find something using the search string 'de_skate'. The new JB ROM is PA_Skate ist 2.63. Is this a different ROM oder a newer? Of course everybody else is welcome to explain that to me :D

Alex

Guest omegavesko

@C3C0

:unsure: Unfortunately I had to stop testing your ROMs due to my exams. But I'll start again in April. I already took a look at your goo.im account. Besides the JB ROM there are files like dev_skate-3.00...

What is it?

Right now I don't have the time to read al 45 pages of this thread. And I couln't find something using the search string 'de_skate'. The new JB ROM is PA_Skate ist 2.63. Is this a different ROM oder a newer? Of course everybody else is welcome to explain that to me :D

Alex

ParanoidJelly 2 (AOSPA 3.00, 4.2.1) is the new ROM everyone is using. That's what dev_skate-3.00 means, since it's still in active development.

Guest emilpoul

Cecil, can you explain me what is Zram in settings - performance. I made a try with 30% compression and mow I am in 10%.

In 30% the signal symbols of status bar was all the time grey but workful, was shadows in any transaction an was enough ram available, in 10 everything is good,no effect, and also I see an improvement in ram,is it placebo.

zRam takes part of your RAM to be used as compressed swap. Memory pages occupied by non-active apps are compressed and stored inside zRam.

When app becomes active, it is decompressed from zRam and placed in RAM. This allows more memory

for apps in the foreground at the expense of overal speed of the system.

Hello, C3C0. Don't know if you can help me. In this ROM yours, ParanoidJelly, i would like to be able to turn off the leds for backlighting the physical keys. I not need any option in the setup to enable/disable; i simply want disable it permanently.

I've tried setting the value of 0 in the file "brightness" and pushing it to "/sys/class/leds/button-backlight" with adb from CWM; this works temporarily, but after a while the leds are turned back on... ??? :-( Is there any way to make this change permanent?

Thank you for your attention and, of course, for your great job with the ROMs and your support to the users.

set it to 0 then chmod to 444 to make it read only.

From terminal:

echo "0" > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

You can make a script and place it to init.d so it applies at boot

Edited by C3C0

set it to 0 then chmod to 444 to make it read only.

From terminal:

echo "0" > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

You can make a script and place it to init.d so it applies at boot

Ok, thanks again. I did from adb for if it was not feasible with the system running; after the experience of modifying LatinIME.apk and pretend to replace it with the system running, i've become accustomed to doing so through adb from CWM and some things no longer attempt making them with the system running. But your information may be very useful for other users.

And by the way, since I have talked about LatinIME, a information (based on previous information and aid from C3C0) that it may also be useful to someone: eliminating from LatinIME.apk all languages except English and Spanish, and also eliminating the start animation in /system/media and a lot of melodies and alarm and notification tones that i does not use (i've only been with two of each), your ROM ParanoidJelly fits into a /system of 155MB :-) That still leaves enough space for a few well-chosen applications and allows the mobile go like a rocket without microSD storage managers as S2E, Link2SD, INT2EXT+...

PJ is great; PJ2 is also very good, but I do not see as mature (it is not a problem of the work of C3C0, obviously, but the state of development of android at this point).

Edited by RaAmon

I have too a nandroid backup of PJ2 fully configurated and with basic apps installed! :-D As the case of H3Blues/H3ROS, IceArmorIII+/Kelzsoca & Paranoid_ICS/C3C0. But my daily ROM, today, is C3C0's ParanoidJelly :-)

When i tested PJ2, I liked it, I have seen very exciting developments, the operation is agile, but miss features of CM to which was already accustomed; the launcher is less customizable, and i had to install Nova; GoogleNow did not function at all well; the duality between notifications bar and settings toolbar need to get used ... Not that I am ... it will be a little lazy, but sincerely: with PJ and 4.1.2 i am delighted :-)

Anyway, I recognize the great potential of 4.2 , and the good work in PJ2, and I will continue testing each one of their updates, but I repeat: for my taste, and for daily use, TODAY ... PJ.

Guest emilpoul

Ceco, once you wrote that in 4.2 you found radio to working in our scates, it will work ever, with camera.

also if you compare the camera of pj and pj2 wich is better.

somehow the camera of pj make some lines, unusual lines if the moment of capturing you aren't that much steady, you think that you could improve this or not.

Guest Nenad Jovanovic

I install this rom and also gapps which you posted in 1st post, but i got problem that show my Play cant download some apk from market and says that my device isnt compatible with this version. i try another gapps and also get same error, some apkcan download some cant. plz help me.

Guest plegdroid
I install this rom and also gapps which you posted in 1st post, but i got problem that show my Play cant download some apk from market and says that my device isnt compatible with this version. i try another gapps and also get same error, some apkcan download some cant. plz help me.
post-910238-13610398740626_thumb.jpg