[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko
Assure you don't have .nomedia file in the folder where your music is... If it's there, delete it (it might be hidden)

Assuming he's using a file manager on his phone, it is definitely hidden. The .nomedia file is obviously a hidden file on Unix.

Try this.

1) Go to Settings / Apps

2) Locate Media Storage (or MediaProvider) app, force close it, and clear it's data and cache

3) Reboot and wait for couple of minutes

Guest plegdroid

an out there type of question, would disabling boot animation at boot also disable media scan? probably way off the mark, but the rom does have the option to disable boot animation, and if it did has our friend disabled the boot animation? as I've said probably has no bearing :)

Guest emilpoul

No no no, impossible to not want to see this bootanimation :D ,ceco i acted as you asked, but no difference, why what wrong,it's some other app that make the trouble.

Guest Schwedenbitter

I'm using Paranoid for years. Now I installed 2.63 (Android 4.1.2). I did some tests and I liked it pretty much. Very good work, C3C0. I'm impressed like always!

My only problem for the moment is the low memory. I even can't install my beloved "Where is my water". With the old Paranoid (1.6a) /data had on a fresh installation still 99,83 MB available. With the new on it has 67,86 MB only. That makes it impossible for me to install bigger Apps. Even "Where is my water" has only 57,07 MB and should fit. But play store loads the apk-File (47,02 MB) or whatever to /data. So I could install it with 1.6a, but I can't with 2.63. The same problem occurs with other Apps like Cogs ...

I can't do without the google system apps.

Will there be any opportunity to reduce the used space on /data?

I'm using Link2SD to pimp up the small space of my Skate. I like it to make the decisions by myself where to install a new app (phone, SD or /sd-ext). I've seen that others use scripts like "int2ext+". It affects the init.d.

Can I get rid of it, if I don't like it or will it stay for ever on my phone once installed?

Guest omegavesko
I'm using Paranoid for years. Now I installed 2.63 (Android 4.1.2). I did some tests and I liked it pretty much. Very good work, C3C0. I'm impressed like always!

My only problem for the moment is the low memory. I even can't install my beloved "Where is my water". With the old Paranoid (1.6a) /data had on a fresh installation still 99,83 MB available. With the new on it has 67,86 MB only. That makes it impossible for me to install bigger Apps. Even "Where is my water" has only 57,07 MB and should fit. But play store loads the apk-File (47,02 MB) or whatever to /data. So I could install it with 1.6a, but I can't with 2.63. The same problem occurs with other Apps like Cogs ...

I can't do without the google system apps.

Will there be any opportunity to reduce the used space on /data?

I'm using Link2SD to pimp up the small space of my Skate. I like it to make the decisions by myself where to install a new app (phone, SD or /sd-ext). I've seen that others use scripts like "int2ext+". It affects the init.d.

Can I get rid of it, if I don't like it or will it stay for ever on my phone once installed?

I recommend using S2E on this ROM. It works much better than Link2SD.

Guest emilpoul

Guyys, well, hmmm, i don't know why, but just received from my woman a mp3, well it f###ing works,and now i am wondering why it didn't want to plays the downloaded files

Guest xander21

Hello,

I have flash my ZTE yesterday with this ROM and i have some questions.

Before I want to congratulate everybody on the project. The ROM is pretty well build. I would give a 19 of 20.

- Is it normal to hardly have only 100mo ram free after killing most of apps when i was reaching 300mo free on official rom ?

- How long the battery should hold ? I was aroung 3 days max with official rom and now it looks like it hold only 1 and half day.

- Is there a way to add the 3g on/off button to the widget bar that allow to swith on/off (the bar with wifi, gps, screen light, etc.) ?

- Many apps aren't downloading from store because of incompatibility : AppBrain market, Adv task Killer and i even have an update of Google Search of 2008 (?!?).

Installing AppBrain from APK worked well but i'm not good at finding all last APK i am looking for. Any idea why GooglePlay kicks me away from updates ?

- There is display bugs (block of pixels come and go without doing anything) when i sure panoramic photo (maybe also simple photo), anyone else has this problem ?

- Does anyone know the old keyboard style that allow to write a word without removing the finger and tracing over the letters ?

Thank you.

Edited by xander21

Guest omegavesko

Hello,

I have flash my ZTE yesterday with this ROM and i have some questions.

Before I want to congratulate everybody on the project. The ROM is pretty well build. I would give a 19 of 20.

- Is it normal to hardly have only 100mo ram free after killing most of apps when i was reaching 300mo free on official rom ?

- How long the battery should hold ? I was aroung 3 days max with official rom and now it looks like it hold only 1 and half day.

- Is there a way to add the 3g on/off button to the widget bar that allow to swith on/off (the bar with wifi, gps, screen light, etc.) ?

- Many apps aren't downloading from store because of incompatibility : AppBrain market, Adv task Killer and i even have an update of Google Search of 2008 (?!?).

Installing AppBrain from APK worked well but i'm not good at finding all last APK i am looking for. Any idea why GooglePlay kicks me away from updates ?

- There is display bugs (block of pixels come and go without doing anything) when i sure panoramic photo (maybe also simple photo), anyone else has this problem ?

- Does anyone know the old keyboard style that allow to write a word without removing the finger and tracing over the letters ?

Thank you.

1. This is normal.

2. 1.5 days sounds about right.

3. Not sure, but you can always switch to using Power Toggles from the store. That should have one.

4. Go to Settings, remove your Google account, then open the Play Store again. You may need to do this multiple times.

5. Panorama has always been buggy, so I think this is normal. Don't think normal photos should be glitchy, though.

6. Swiping? Try this: http://beta.swype.com/

Guest emilpoul

It also depending from jow much cache he apply, i have 200 system and 2 mb cacha as ceso guide us in hia first post. About ram, i haven't see that, about bata, go to system toggles and active data toggle.

Guest xander21

- How i can change cache ? (in partition info, it's said : 220mo for system, 162mo for data, 57,50mo for cache)

- Many app download work so i won't spend hours to remove and add my account. And more if it's the working ones that stop working. Is it a rom bug ?

- Yes, it's swiping but on official rom it's not a beta so how it happen i will have to use beta now ?

- What is the best to use Link2SS or s2e ? How apply it, does it need to reset conf or loose some data ?

Edited by xander21

Guest emilpoul

Guys i have a problem,i can't get full google play, i use the proper way that ceco has guide us, but all the time it drives me to apps of google play with out showing me any proper appa for example Firefox, its said that it isn't compatible with skate and 6 hours ago were installed in it. Does google updated play ,generally what happening

Keep retrying. BTW there's a new version of play store which updates automatically so be sure you have enough space on data partition for it.

I will update gapps sometime during the week.

Edited by C3C0