Photo

[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
1183 replies to this topic

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Oh ! An update with radio few days after I flashed my phone.
- What means the "upgrade without data wipe possible" ? No cache wipe ? No dalvik cache wipe ?
- When using S2E and moved everything, what happen if SD stop working ? Will phone restart ?
- What is the best way to extend size of the ext3 partition used with S2E ?

Edited by xander21, 01 March 2013 - 04:00 PM.

ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5 - H3 Holo

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

- What means the "upgrade without data wipe possible" ? No cache wipe ? No dalvik cache wipe ?
- When using S2E and moved everything, what happen if SD stop working ? Will phone restart ?

It won't restart, since Android itself is still on the internal storage. Moved apps just won't work.

Any partition management tool will work. I recommend gparted.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
I have moved Davik cache on ext3 of the SD so when I say "it will restart", I mean, will it restart well after reboot or will I have to flash again to use the phone.

Edited by xander21, 01 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

I have moved Davik cache on ext3 of the SD so when I say "it will restart", I mean, will it restart well after reboot or will I have to flash again to use the phone.

I think it should still work. Worst case scenario, you'll just have to wipe dalvik cache from recovery.

Posted Image

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Ok thank you.
I have made upgrade. Hope nothing will go wrong. :unsure:

Edited by xander21, 01 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

apjr1

apjr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
When I want to install "ADOBE AIR" I get the message it is "not compatible with this version"
What is the reason?
The ROM or the hardware?
Is it possible to have a solution for this?

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Hardware

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

When I want to install "ADOBE AIR" I get the message it is "not compatible with this version"
What is the reason?
The ROM or the hardware?
Is it possible to have a solution for this?

Adobe Air (and apps that use it) don't work on ARMv6, I'm afraid. No way around it.

Posted Image

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

In what case do you think the SD will stop working? If you mean when you connect USB-storage to a pc, sd-ext uses a separate partion that will remain accessible to your phone (and inaccessible to your pc), so it will just keep on working.

If you mean the SD breaking down.. It's not like that happens on a weekly basis, never happened to me. Good that you're covering your bases, but your recovery and system partition will always be on your internal memory so unless that memory breaks, there's nothing to worry about.

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
I have already see SD files error so i want to be aware of all problems i could meet to not waste time solving them.

When I connect phone via USB, i have acces to ext3 and i can edit with partition software.
This is a bit strange when i agree that phone is using it and this should not be possible.

Edited by xander21, 02 March 2013 - 11:59 AM.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

I have already see SD files error so i want to be aware of all problems i could meet to not waste time solving them.

When I connect phone via USB, i have acces to ext3 and i can edit with partition software.
This is a bit strange when i agree that phone is using it and this should not be possible.

This is normal, since it's just a partition like any other. You can't see it on Windows though, since it doesn't have native support for EXT file systems.

In fact, I'd say this is the intended behavior. The same way Nexus devices use MTP since the Galaxy Nexus, which lets you access the phone's storage without unmounting the partition on the phone's side.

Posted Image

shanga44

shanga44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
C3CO, Is it possible to improve the autofocus please because it works but laggy ? ^^

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
Ceco, when i make any moving action on the phone it wakes up. :D its cool that do this :D but why, i am afraid that would be battery eater.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

C3CO, Is it possible to improve the autofocus please because it works but laggy ? ^^

Sorry, but no.

Ceco, when i make any moving action on the phone it wakes up. :D its cool that do this :D but why, i am afraid that would be battery eater.

???

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

plegdroid

plegdroid

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Interests:house music, science, technology ,history
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4 . PA. 4.4
wakelock?? :)

morning by the way :)

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓢⓘⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ
4.2.2 -Test monkey.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Morning :) Enjoying riddles, too? :)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yes :D ,i am not joking, it were happened :D :D :D , but here and is the why :D :D ,i had it on charge, and the male usb that connect with charger is old ,so wasn't exist good connection, and bg that was happening this ..
:D :D

By the way ,i hope we have a nice week. :D

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Yep. I will go off for skiing to Austria for couple of days. You won't hear from me for some time :)

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Nice, i like that, i do ski in kalavrita mountain,. Have a nice time there man :D

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Yep. I will go off for skiing to Austria for couple of days. You won't hear from me for some time :)

Have fun :lol:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users