Photo

[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
1183 replies to this topic

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Yes, it's working fine. Why ?

If it's working fine, I don't really see why you'd want to change anything.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

thomcd

thomcd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)
If your touchscreen is working fine you don't need to flash the S4 kernel, this kernel is only made for SFR Staraddict devices (= French zte skate with another touchscreen than the normal zte skate).

Edit : omega beat me to it.

Edited by thomcd, 24 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Thank you for the information.
I have a "French ZTE Skate" (bought on the website of a French high-tech products distributor) but it's not the SFR one. :wacko:
It's pretty messy all these versions.

Edited by xander21, 24 March 2013 - 01:04 PM.

ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5 - H3 Holo

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I checked right now on Ubuntu as well as on Win7. Works without problems.
How about USB tethering? Does that work?

It depends form the company that you have i've used tethering with vodafone and works perfectly but with movistar, i've got the same problem as ziofunk. You can conect to the ap, but this don't send internet to the computer

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Yes, I thought so, too. Probably operator using the same subnet which could mess up routing.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Yes, I thought so, too. Probably operator using the same subnet which could mess up routing.

Have you got any solution for this, because in your paranoidandroid (CM9), it runs perfectly.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I suppose IP segment for tethering is probably hardcoded and is different in ICS and JB. But I am not sure. I can take a look at it to see if it could be made configurable somehow.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I suppose IP segment for tethering is probably hardcoded and is different in ICS and JB. But I am not sure. I can take a look at it to see if it could be made configurable somehow.

Ok thank you very much. I thought that is an Android problem, becausr in rootbox it doesnt run and on slimbean and pj2

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I just checked in 4.2 roms. The IP subnet for tether and DHCP range is the same as in 4.1. I already done one experiment on AOSPA - changed default 192.168. segment to 10.1. . It worked. So now I am building PJ1 with changed subnets for you to test. It will be relatively small flashable update to be flashed over your current PJ1. If tether starts working I will then make a new setting to choose from 3 different IP subnet private classes (A, B, C) in case of routing problems.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
@FINTA96
So here is the flashable package to test. It will change your tether interface IP to 10.1.x as well as DHCP range for assigning IP to your PC interface.
http://ceco.sk.eu.or...tether-test.zip
1) Flash in clockworkmod, wipe cache and dalvik cache, reboot.
2) Test tethering.
You could also try traceroute as in the picture below to see how packets are travelling. Command on windows is "tracert"
Attached File  tether.jpg   52.02KB   38 downloads

Edited by C3C0, 25 March 2013 - 10:17 AM.

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
Nice :D

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

@FINTA96
So here is the flashable package to test. It will change your tether interface IP to 10.1.x as well as DHCP range for assigning IP to your PC interface.
http://ceco.sk.eu.or...tether-test.zip
1) Flash in clockworkmod, wipe cache and dalvik cache, reboot.
2) Test tethering.
You could also try traceroute as in the picture below to see how packets are travelling. Command on windows is "tracert"
Attached File  tether.jpg   52.02KB   38 downloads

Thank you very much. Great job! I will try and i will post

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Ok I have tested this update, but it doesn't run perfectly. The problem is that the device hasn't got a valid IP, and the second problem is the gateway isn't good I will see your update and i will modify, for correct the error. Look if you know where is the problem.

Edited by FINTA96, 25 March 2013 - 02:03 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
What do you mean "the device doesn't have a valid IP" ? It uses IP from class A instead of class C so not much changed from the default design It is in line with general rules of networking and routing. And it works just fine for me. I suspect something's not right with your device you are trying to connect. Also it would be nice to provide some output. Like details of your networking interface after connection is established as well as some trace route. Have you tried connecting different PC/notebook? Aren't you using some kind of VPN that could be blocking other network interfaces while active?

Edited by C3C0, 25 March 2013 - 02:18 PM.

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Here you have the link from the problem that has detected windows after flashing and wipping. Yes i have used different pc, but it can't conect. Could you give me the comand for the cmd for see the packets?

http://img542.images.../internetsb.png

Edited by FINTA96, 25 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
It would be more helpful to see the configuration of network interface while connected to AndroidAP. Use "ipconfig /all" command and post output. You can't trace packets when to connection is in the state as in the picture, so this would be useless for now. Are you sure you have enabled "DHCP client" service in windows services?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Yeah, and don't put the connection in Public zone, but in Private zone instead. (Home network). Also your wifi network adapter has to be set for IPv4 with automatic setting of IP and DNS

Edited by C3C0, 25 March 2013 - 02:29 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Here is how it looks like on my Win7
Attached File  nwcenter.jpg   79.96KB   49 downloads
Attached File  ipconfig.jpg   34.96KB   44 downloads

FINTA96

FINTA96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I can't see any DNS auto config in the first picture. Do you have it enabled for the WiFi interface? I will post picture later. I'm AFK ATM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users