Does anyone else have this problem?

Guest hellfire191

Guest hellfire191

When the battery says that it is full (100%) the battery percentage quickly decreases through the first 20% then the battery consumption slows right down to around 1% every 4 minutes (on average).

The battery percentage drops at the fast rate regardless of what you are doing.

I would like to know if this happens to anyone else and if you have found a way to fix it.

Thanks

Also - it is not to do with the battery charge time because i charge it for a good 4-5 hours when it should only take 2 hours to charge.

Guest hellfire191

What ROM are you using? Every ROM can vary in performance.

I have tried gb,ics and jb and they all have the same problem.

And there are no background processes running so it can't be that either.

Guest dalyer

I'm running CM10.0 R1 and have noticed that the battery seems to drop from 100% down to about 80%+ quite quickly but then the discharge rate is more gradual. However I haven't monitored this systematically yet to get any hard data. I've seen mention of the battery stats/reporting not necessarily being that accurate but I don't know if it's a hardware issue, a stock firmware issue or a general ROM issue or what. Bottom line is that regardless of what is reported my battery lifetime seems acceptable to me (1.5-2 days from a charge) if we assume that most smartphones just have to be charged quite regularly anyway...

Hope this helps

Do you have data on when the drain happens? Problems have been reported where the signal is weak/ the phone is constantly searching or switching.

No background processes sounds odd.. is it even possible? So you don't sync Facebook, gmail, Google maps, twitter, play store, calendar etc etc monitoring to notify you?

hello,

How long is the battery life?

because I'm a bit the same thing, the first 20% go very quickly but the remaining 80%,several hours without problem.

Try to calibrate your battery.

Guest hellfire191

I'm running CM10.0 R1 and have noticed that the battery seems to drop from 100% down to about 80%+ quite quickly but then the discharge rate is more gradual. However I haven't monitored this systematically yet to get any hard data. I've seen mention of the battery stats/reporting not necessarily being that accurate but I don't know if it's a hardware issue, a stock firmware issue or a general ROM issue or what. Bottom line is that regardless of what is reported my battery lifetime seems acceptable to me (1.5-2 days from a charge) if we assume that most smartphones just have to be charged quite regularly anyway...

Hope this helps

The battery life is pretty good after that first 20% has gone, i am just curios to why it happens in the first place.

get r2 or cm9 r5

It seems to happen regardless of the operating system / rom that i use.

i am currrently on cm10 r2 and i still have the same problem and i have had cm9 r5 with the same problem

Do you have data on when the drain happens? Problems have been reported where the signal is weak/ the phone is constantly searching or switching.

No background processes sounds odd.. is it even possible? So you don't sync Facebook, gmail, Google maps, twitter, play store, calendar etc etc monitoring to notify you?

i normally go into developer options and set background processes to 0 so that it uses less battery

hello,

How long is the battery life?

because I'm a bit the same thing, the first 20% go very quickly but the remaining 80%,several hours without problem.

Try to calibrate your battery.

the battery can last for days if i only use it for some browsing / messaging, but if i game on it the battery will last about 3-5 hours maybe more.

And i dont know how to calibrate my battery

i normally go into developer options and set background processes to 0 so that it uses less battery

Yeah but you still get notifications etc. I tried that myself recently. I still got multiple tasks running. Check in running apps. Android grabs as much memory as it can regardless.

the battery can last for days if i only use it for some browsing / messaging, but if i game on it the battery will last about 3-5 hours maybe more.

And i dont know how to calibrate my battery

#1 so what's the problem?

#2 you just charge to 100% (well over when it says 100%. That calibrates it.

Never had the issue myself. My phone slowly goes down from 100%. If I use it a lot it won't last the day... I puit it on charge in the evening. Usually I leave it on charge overnight.

Guest hellfire191

Yeah but you still get notifications etc. I tried that myself recently. I still got multiple tasks running. Check in running apps. Android grabs as much memory as it can regardless.

#1 so what's the problem?

#2 you just charge to 100% (well over when it says 100%. That calibrates it.

Never had the issue myself. My phone slowly goes down from 100%. If I use it a lot it won't last the day... I puit it on charge in the evening. Usually I leave it on charge overnight.

well, the problem is that the first 20% is used so quick, so i never really know if that 20% is a fault in the battery or the phone.

And as for calibrating the battery I normally charge it over night so the battery should be calibrated. (thanks for telling me anyway)

There's a massive thread on xda and some guru where you can find out far more than you'd ever want to know. If you want to understand exactly what's going on I'd try there.