Petition against Intel Corporation for unlocking boot-loaders and jelly bean update

Guest kabirsaini2011

Guest benichou

hi,

i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.

We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

Guest kabirsaini2011

hi,

i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.

We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

also recovery.tar

There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

Guest xgt001

There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

exactly... and not only that Intel Developer Site also has Jelly Bean Emulator Image for Developers... so sooner or later I am still optimistic that Medfield and (Xolo / SD) will get a Jelly Bean update soon

Guest Simon O

when checking there servers I anit seeing no new builds but that mite be that now we can access it and now moved it to a new server

I expect they've done that.

Guest Zhiming Zhou

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

and it has the source code too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

Guest Zhiming Zhou

I no he works at asus and he gave me the tool but I don't no how to use it and that's why iv only gave to flibs as I don't what people killing there phones

OK, this is a Chinese document, which is really good for me ^_^

Guest rickywyatt

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

I can but if you brick your phone you do it at your own risk pm me and ill send link

Guest Simon O

As long as you absolutely leave the stock recovery app in place then you may be able to recover from a non-booting kernel. But don't flash everything at once. I did that. It's not good.

• 2 weeks later...