Photo

Petition against Intel Corporation for unlocking boot-loaders and jelly bean update

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts
Removing the signed status of the bootloader through an unlock would be a good solution. It would allow us to flash our own images and may even allow us to 'port' ROMs from the RAZR i.

I'd like this to happen but I'd also like to have the proper flashing tools fully working. Many tools have been found but nobody can get them working. I want them working because they will allow us to recover from bad flashes.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

and it has the source code too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

Linux? Interesting. I have xFSTK-1.1.0a but not the older one and I don't have the Linux version. Tried to find them :(

kabirsaini2011

kabirsaini2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Removing the signed status of the bootloader through an unlock would be a good solution. It would allow us to flash our own images and may even allow us to 'port' ROMs from the RAZR i.

I'd like this to happen but I'd also like to have the proper flashing tools fully working. Many tools have been found but nobody can get them working. I want them working because they will allow us to recover from bad flashes.

YUP, this is what i want ... we don't have to be dependent on Orange/xolo for updates. We can build CMs for our phone

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

http://www.scribd.co...SP-SOP-Tom-v1-0

honeycomb.3.2.zip

2011-09-23.2-external-android-honeycomb-medfield.tar

kit_DV1_ww38.zip

firmwares

keys

lfstk

xfstk

interesting also has a asus email on it

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Could it have a signing key in it?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982

http://www.scribd.com/doc/77089382/Medfield-BSP-SOP-Tom-v1-0

interesting also has a asus email on it

I no he works at asus and he gave me the tool but I don't no how to use it and that's why iv only gave to flibs as I don't what people killing there phones

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

benichou

benichou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
hi,
i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.
We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

kabirsaini2011

kabirsaini2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

hi,
i found this on XDA, it may help us to have CWM on the san diego. Even if i think the binaries from CMW are not fully runnable on x86.
We have to edit the step3.sh to map our partitions and the chargemon script to be able to boot CWM, and take charger binary from san diego.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2020897

My 2 cents

also recovery.tar

gwebb

gwebb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, Nexus 7, OSD, Moto G
There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

xgt001

xgt001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900

There was some news at CES from Intel about their phone platforms. Intel announced the Z2420 based Lexington platform, it appears to be a cheaper lower-performance version of the Z2460 based Medfield platform.

Lava are one of the companies that will be using Lexington. As they are almost the same platform I can't see why Intel, or Lava for that matter, would stop supporting Medfield, at least not until the Medfield replacement Merrifield is ready. Most of the effort to support Lexington would be shared with supporting Medfield.

Anyway it's not an announcement of ongoing support but I would be surprised if 4.0 really is the end of the line.

exactly... and not only that Intel Developer Site also has Jelly Bean Emulator Image for Developers... so sooner or later I am still optimistic that Medfield and (Xolo / SD) will get a Jelly Bean update soon

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
when checking there servers I anit seeing no new builds but that mite be that now we can access it and now moved it to a new server

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

when checking there servers I anit seeing no new builds but that mite be that now we can access it and now moved it to a new server

I expect they've done that.

Zhiming Zhou

Zhiming Zhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

Zhiming Zhou

Zhiming Zhou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Acer liquid

I no he works at asus and he gave me the tool but I don't no how to use it and that's why iv only gave to flibs as I don't what people killing there phones

OK, this is a Chinese document, which is really good for me ^_^

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator

can u release this? I really want to flash custom kernel on XOLO, haha

I can but if you brick your phone you do it at your own risk pm me and ill send link

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts
As long as you absolutely leave the stock recovery app in place then you may be able to recover from a non-booting kernel. But don't flash everything at once. I did that. It's not good.

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
you can't flash droidboot ifwi dnx flash worng ones and you'll have a nice paper Wight

grizzlyflea

grizzlyflea

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
so any new news on jellybean status for our device?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

so any new news on jellybean status for our device?

I'm pretty sure you'd know about it on here if we got JB. :)

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
Hmm, not had a look at the petition since signing it, pretty poor turnout. :(

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users