How do I contact Huawei for repair?

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

Had a ganda on their website and called up what I though was Cardiff South Wales authorized repair centre, the guy at the other end found it quite hysterical that someone in the UK had called Australia for a phone repair :huh: my bad!

So anyone know contact details for getting a repair?

Much thanks.

Had a ganda on their website and called up what I though was Cardiff South Wales authorized repair centre, the guy at the other end found it quite hysterical that someone in the UK had called Australia for a phone repair :huh: my bad!

So anyone know contact details for getting a repair?

Much thanks.

This is the only number I can find: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/netWorkPoint.do?method=index&directoryId=40

Guest jamie_w

This is the uk phone number for Huawei repair centre in Norwich - 08448006800

Be prepared for your phone being away for 5-6wks and even then your phone still not being fixed properly. Mines ben there 3 times now and even though ive explained about the bubble in the screen its still not been fixed.

Guest billpine

This is the uk phone number for Huawei repair centre in Norwich - 08448006800

Be prepared for your phone being away for 5-6wks and even then your phone still not being fixed properly. Mines ben there 3 times now and even though ive explained about the bubble in the screen its still not been fixed.

Cheers Jamie!

Doesn't fill me with confidence from what you've said. What was the process involved getting the phone to them, do they pay postage or does the customer? Doesn't seem the clear cut approach I had with Ericsson a few months back! :(

Edited by billpine

Guest jamie_w

You basically phone them and give them your imei number, they'll book it in for repair and give you a ref number. You then need 2 package it up ( jiffy bag will do ) and then post it at your own expense. The shortest time mine was there was 2 wks, the longest was about 5 wks.

Just expect a long wait with them with not much communication from them.

WIll they fix an internal LCD cracked screen.. no visible marks on the phone at all. Tho it was dropped.

Onto tiles, first drop after only having it a couple of months and the screen goes.

Does anyone know if they will fix it even if their Software has been removed. Installed CM10 and cant get it off now....?

Edited by ptoner

You basically phone them and give them your imei number, they'll book it in for repair and give you a ref number. You then need 2 package it up ( jiffy bag will do ) and then post it at your own expense. The shortest time mine was there was 2 wks, the longest was about 5 wks.

Just expect a long wait with them with not much communication from them.

Do they wipe your phone.... Just being as I have CM10 installed. WOuld this cause and issue as my LCD screen is cracked.

Guest turbocrow

I have dropped mine and broke the LCD screen I did it by accident one drop then bang although for me the SD card reader never worked meaning I could never install new operating systems on it very annoying plus mine is unlocked from vodaphone to O2 so I hope that is kept

Will they charge me for dropping it though lol or can I lie and say it was not. (feel terrible but the phone is like 2 months old I have a cover and only ever dropped it once)

Took me ages to find this number also.

• 3 weeks later...

Installed my own screen after Huawei would not repair it. Said it was my fault.

Bought from the only supplier that I could find on eBay. Took a chance and it paid off. Very quick and professional.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Huawei-LCD-repair-Huawei-Ascend-G300-U8815-U8818-U8825D-T8830-G330D-/281040872089?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5525059692306292880%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D281040872089%26

Also used this Spanish video. Thought it was Romanian or something. Remember to turn off the crap music. Watch it, take your time, do a few steps then pause. Catch up and play again for 10 secs or so.... this is what I did all along and went back and watched again if I was unsure. You may be a heat gun for taking off the actual screen from its metal casing and for the square glued down piece in the middle of the board. Deadly to remove. I used a hair dryer as I had no heat gun. Needs must!

Thats what I did and its working now. Thats after I was told by three mobile repair shops.

A. We dont fix Huawei crap.

B. Cant get the parts mate.

C. £69.99!!! Do one!

Worked for me, just took my time and did it whilst watching the above!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest turbocrow

Annoyed beyond belief quote for £80 and they wont fix the SD card reader could of done the screen myself but not the SD so it will be going into the bin annoyed beyond belief ! I had to phone them 5 weeks later they said they tried contacting me lies I have a answering phone.

I have dropped mine and broke the LCD screen I did it by accident one drop then bang although for me the SD card reader never worked meaning I could never install new operating systems on it

Can you use ADB to install ROMs if the card reader is kaput?