• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jetpac

Jetpac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I need a new handset.

Now i have some requirements which are more than likely massively unrealistic.. but ya know atleast im a little flexible.
Currently running an LG 2X and its getting on my nerves (random reboots and laggy etc regardless of rom)

I want:
a capable and 'snappy' phone
Running android 4 (ideally JB, but you cant have it all)
Screen as good or better than the LG 2x
Root is a must
Custom roms are a big bonus or atleast a stock android experience (i have stuck a new rom on every android device i have owned since the original G1)
Unlocked or unlockable cheaply to the 3 network.
HSPA+ would be wonderful but again i think this is doubtful

Budget:
£100 ish ideally (i know im asking a lot here).. but could stretch to £150 if it is worth while and a bit more future proof
2nd hand is acceptable (ave price of course)

Usage:
I would say medium usage, i use my phone for satnav frequently and in class with the camera to do various bits and pieces with an interactive whiteboard
Not a great deal of gaming (just when bored)
Would want it to last me a good year+

I have seen the g300 on offer for £100 or cheaper 2nd hand but unsure how well this would fit my needs etc and how it stacks up in comparisson.
Any help would be amazing!

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
The Xperia U is nice and cheap right now. Not got a very good camera but it'll do.
Unfortunately it won't be getting JB, but there are plenty of custom ROMs (ICS) over at xda.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

Jetpac

Jetpac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

The Xperia U is nice and cheap right now. Not got a very good camera but it'll do.
Unfortunately it won't be getting JB, but there are plenty of custom ROMs (ICS) over at xda.

Looks good apart from it may be a little bit on the small size for my thumbs which might be a bit of an issue.

kaizoku_san

kaizoku_san

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V970
Why don't you go for the g300, it's got good spec, and good community with lots of custom roms. Depending on how many apps u install, it can be 'snappy'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users