Put the wrong rom on the wrong baseband.

Guest drewthomson

Guest drewthomson

Apologies in advance for being so stupid to have to start this topic. If anyone can find the time to help with a reply I'd be grateful.

Picked up a G300 on Friday, second hand and I assume wiped to factory settings. It was on GB 2.3.6. Baseband obviously 109808. Started trying to update through the OTA method using the device and kept getting "update failed", during the unpacking stage. Tried downloading the official roms from huawei and here and updating through the sd card with the same result. Tried to force the updates through the volume up & down method and ditto. Tried the middle package stuff. Ditto.

Then made sure it was rooted and installed CWM using a gingerbread method. Then stupidly flashed a .zip rom (I think B927 or B926) which I assume requires a 2030 baseband. The phone is now stuck hanging on the boot logo. If left it goes into CWM recovery then back to the boot logo. I the bootloader mode works fine still but I can't work out anything else I can do to get it to boot a rom. It wasn't backed up. I've tried different zip files of different roms. Tried wiping data and cache each time. Tried forcing updates using the update.app method with "update failed" each time still.

I have the imei backed up but no other backups unfortunately.

Any improvement over the current situation would be great - any ideas?

Guest drewthomson

Thanks very much, can't believe in my panic I didn't think of using a GB repack! That worked anyway, now just got to find a working method to get it up to ICS.

Guest drewthomson

Thanks again. Knew about trying one but forgot and had one to hand tonight. Now happily setting up CM10 . Can't thank you enough for having the time to reply to this absolute idiot.

Cheers.