wi-fi issues

Guest apometru

Guest apometru

so... when i first bought the acer s500 everything worked flawless until i turned on wi-fi. the problem with it was that it connected and worked with some wifi networks or it connected and didn't work with others. since then i bought a tp-link router to have a working wifi and it did. until i messed up the phone (the phone as rooted corectly and i installed a dpi changer from the market that made my acer go in a bootloop state). i flashed back the stock firmware (orange) and the phone works very well now except... again wifi. only this time... not only it does not connect to wifi but when i turn on the wifi that particular setting remains stuck everything else working just fine.

maybe someone can help

here's the logcat and the kernel log (don't know how to copy the complete kernel log :))

logcat.txt

post-1001254-0-98207500-1357568460_thumb

Edited by apometru

Something you could try (with root access) :

adb shell

$ su

# cp -f /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin /system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin

Looking at the update script when flashing firmware :
symlink("/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin", "/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin");[/code]

but the /persist partition is never mounted so the file is not copied while flashing.

Edited by vache

Guest apometru

adb shell

$ su

# cp -f /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin /system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin

after i do this it says "sh: cp: not found"

(p.s. the phone is rooted)

i also think it has something to do with the stock rom itself... but i don't know.

Edited by apometru

Guest apometru

oooooh my god. problem solved. the wifi works now.

the problem with the inconsistency of the wifi persists (some networks work some not).

but my home wifi network works flawlessly.

vache you are great thank you very much.

question: does your wifi connect and work on any network? encrypted, with static/dynamic ip and all others?

p.s. i know why i had the problem with no wifi at all: the WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin file is missing from the update zip of the stock orgrod firmware file (i just checked and it's missing from system/etc/firmare/wlan/prima).

Edited by apometru

Guest bilbao1

Hey. I am having the same problem, but I'm not able to solve it by pushing that bin fine.

The thing is, I've formatted all the partitions with cwm, including /persist :(

That was really stupid. Now, when trying to install the ROM from zip, it will fail to copy all the files. I'm looking for a firmware that's flashable through ADT or through a different method, because I need my partitions back.

Please guys help me. I can't use my phone like this.

• 2 months later...
Guest trics

Hello.

I have the same issue as bilbao1. Is there anything we can do about the /persist partition? (we are dumb, we know...)

[solved] Reflashed the correct stock and I'm back in business.

Edited by trics