Root and Unlock a G300 which is running stock 4.0.3

Guest stephendore

Guest stephendore

Hey, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Android!

Got the G300 this week and updated it to 4.0.3 legitimately through Vodafone.

That was kind of silly of me, as now, any of the rooting techniques I've tried have failed!

Could anyone explain to me, how to root and unlock a G300 which is running 4.0.3?

Would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Guest gregorv

Hello

I'm sorry to jump in this thread. I have the same question. My G300 is on stock 4.0.3 rom and is locked to vodaphone which I can't use.

How to unlock the phone? If I look pinned threads I can't find any tutorial how to unlock it?

Is this difficult to do? Can you please give me link to unlocking procedure. Or is it better to by unlock code from ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_stpos=&_sop=2&_fcid=182&gbr=1&_localstpos=&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_clu=2&_nkw=huawei+ascend+g300+unlock&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Can I change ROM after unlocking is done. Does the phone stay unlocked.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Guest gregorv

ok, I found this topic:

If this topic is not good to unlock g300, please inform me.

Otherwise I will give it a try, I hope I will not brick my phone :(

Kind regards

Guest jazzuk777

ok, I found this topic:

http://www.modaco.co...lock-your-g300/

If this topic is not good to unlock g300, please inform me.

Otherwise I will give it a try, I hope I will not brick my phone :(

Kind regards

This should work, although as you will see,I lost my toggle controls on the drag-down/notifications menu. You might need to do the opposite of me to zero your IMEI to make it work. That is to zero your IMEI at the appropriate stage, downgrade to GB (and then you can re-upgrade at same stage after to ICS if you prefer it, IMEI once zeroed should stay at zero until you use the DFS solution to restore your proper IMEI )

Guest Rico_89

Honestly, IMO to unlock your G300 you should just go to Ebay where for under £5 you can get an unlock code that permanently unlocks your phone regardless of what rom you install... this method is easy and hassle free.

To root your device then go here and follow Section 3:

Guest gregorv

I do just that, I bought an ebay code. But when I inserted my sim card in the phone to unlock it to our network my phone was already unlocked.

I don't know how this is possible, because few days ago it was asking me for unlock code.

Yesterday I follow the steps from downgrade-g300 zip file but after 7 attempts I could not get IMEI to 0, with *#06# I allways get original IMEI code displayed.

I'm really lost now. In next days I will change the rom and I will see if unlock window will appear again.

At least, I have the code now.

Kind regards