[Tool][Windows/Linux][4.0+]Simple ADB Backup - Full backup without root - BETA

Guest omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

qR4aT.png

A multiplatform GUI application I coded that uses ADB Backup to make full backups of your phone/tablet.

Unfortunately, ADB Backup itself is rather buggy so it will often fail on many devices, and may not work at all on some (the HTC One series and Sony phones from 2011 are most often reported to not work).

Tested on Windows 7 and Linux Mint 14.

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?t489d99hthqx4xv - Contains source and executables for both platforms.

Usage

On Windows, simply run SAB_Windows.exe.

On Linux, run SAB_Linux as superuser (easiest way is just 'sudo ./SAB_Linux').

You can also run it from source on either platform, run main.py on Windows and main_linux.py on Linux. The only dependency is Python 2.7 and PyQt.

Source

https://github.com/omegavesko/SimpleADBBackup

Changelog

v1.0 - Initial release.

Credits

All credits for the frameworks used do to the teams behind Python, Qt and of course the Android team.

Guest omegavesko
How good is ADB backup as I've never used it. What does it actually backup?

Also, good work! ;)

App data, system app data, apps, system apps and shared storage (/sdcard/ basically)

It's great when it works, particularly useful on nexus devices where you have to wipe the device when you unlock the bootloader. Unfortunately it's rather unfinished and fails often on some devices.

And thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Guest omegavesko

Seems to work with my Skate on CFX2. Good job, thank you. Seems easier for me than to install titanium backup and s....

That's pretty much the point, be as noob-friendly as possible. Titanium Backup is far from it.

Glad you like it.

Also, fun fact: Between here and XDA, it has 33 downloads so far.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest omegavesko

Great job! I'm impressed.

Thanks! I'm actually a bit surprised nobody had done this before. The closest thing is this, but even that's just a command-line script and not an actual GUI.

Guest Redstarr1

App data, system app data, apps, system apps and shared storage (/sdcard/ basically)

It's great when it works, particularly useful on nexus devices where you have to wipe the device when you unlock the bootloader. Unfortunately it's rather unfinished and fails often on some devices.

And thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Not just for Nexus devices, but all devices with a locked bootloader. Would have been quite handy to have on my Sony when I unlocked that bootloader, not that I lost much data there, was pretty much the first thing I did with it :P. Although it might not work on mine (it's a 2012 though), trying it now :).

Guest omegavesko
Note that while this might work for other devices ADB backup can be fairly hit and miss and is generally only reliable on Nexus devices.

Oh thank god, they actually said it. I was worried I'd have another heap of bug reports to respond to.