[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

It won't, 32GB cards have problems because of the G300's hardware. I think Huawei botched the sd reader on this thing. I only use 8GB cards so i'm ok :P

Has anyone had a 16GB card switch from default SD storage to Internal storage on a reboot?

Guest kyan31

So many people with problems, I can't handle it :o

@people with problems:

I really don't know what I can do about it, without some actual help, I cant help you. Logcats, screenshots, anything. You can't just expect me, or anyone else to fix problems which cannot be traced down. I'm sorry to sound so rude, but i'm telling the honest truth, I just need you guys to understand.

Edited by kyan31

Guest blaster99999

So many people with problems, I can't handle it ohmy.png

@people with problems:

I really don't know what I can do about it, without some actual help, I cant help you. Logcats, screenshots, anything. You can't just expect me, or anyone else to fix problems which cannot be traced down. I'm sorry to sound so rude, but i'm telling the honest truth, I just need you guys to understand.

Cured my problems with a complete wipes , format system and reinstall from scratch and left storage as internal, had no problems since, I've got a 32 gb card and I suspent the problem was when storage was set to SD card , system didn't read the SD card fast enough some times so kept swapping , my system shows SD card which is internal, and SD card which is my 32 gb card and it all works well

Guest dalyer

It won't, 32GB cards have problems because of the G300's hardware. I think Huawei botched the sd reader on this thing. I only use 8GB cards so i'm ok :P

What exactly is the problem with 32GB cards and G300 so? It's definitely not that they don't work at all because I had one installed when I got my phone originally and was able to access it on stock and Infusion. However I wasn't using the external storage thing at the time.

Guest dalyer

Kyan, i'm getting lot of app crashes lately ... i have it overclocked @ 1152, and done full wipes multiple times before flashing it nice and clean ... i tried cydas mod as i said a few posts ago and i could only get errors, now, i get a lot of apps crashing ... i do see that i only have like 200 mb of storage left, maybe its a reason for the crashes , i don't know . I have internal storage set to default and it says that i'm actually using XXX MB of the 2gb internal memory, without cyda's mod ... I think i'll do an update.app and stick with a stock rom for now... college is killing me and i need a stable phone.. wish i was on vacations so i could mess around with it :(

Inspite everything, i think this is the best rom out there, regarding everything ! keep up the good work, and i'm really eager to see electra !! :)

PS: can anyone get mozzila's firefox working ? i open it and then it just gets stuck on a loop...

Are things more stable if you stop overclocking? That would be my first question...

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Are things more stable if you stop overclocking? That would be my first question...

I think it's the other way around : if you overclock, it might get more unstable ... i'm not sure though, wild guess !

Guest Geoff2

What exactly is the problem with 32GB cards and G300 so? It's definitely not that they don't work at all because I had one installed when I got my phone originally and was able to access it on stock and Infusion. However I wasn't using the external storage thing at the time.

I was using my 32GB card without problems with v3.5 of Kyan's Lightning Rom, but when I upgraded to V4 it started defaulting to internal storage and made a mess of my phone as I had all my apps stored on the internal 2GB card using Link2Int. Since then I have gone back to v3.5 and the storage problem has gone away again.

Guest dalyer

I think it's the other way around : if you overclock, it might get more unstable ... i'm not sure though, wild guess !

Isn't that the corollary of what I said...?

Guest kyan31

People who have storage problems, try flashing this:

DOWNLOAD

It will replace my modified storage configuration with Huawei's one. This might help. If it doesn't, don't just tell me. Actually help me out, i'm not a brain surgeon, i'm a 14 year old trying to make a successful piece of kit ;)

Edited by kyan31

Guest Combat Gerbil

kyan31... Talking balderdash about the 32gb card not being supported.. I use a 32gb card and have had no problems with it at all since owning the phone.. and some people have even reported 64gb cards working...

There are a hell of a lot pf fake cards around if bought online though.. bought 2 from Amazon that turned out to be 4gb cards hacked to look like 32gb. sent them back. bought two from a local phone store and they have been fine..

Guest kyan31

kyan31... Talking balderdash about the 32gb card not being supported.. I use a 32gb card and have had no problems with it at all since owning the phone.. and some people have even reported 64gb cards working...

There are a hell of a lot pf fake cards around if bought online though.. bought 2 from Amazon that turned out to be 4gb cards hacked to look like 32gb. sent them back. bought two from a local phone store and they have been fine..

I didn't say it wasn't supported, I said that the G300 does not support it well. That's 100% true.

Guest Redflake

I'm currently trying Meijarom by thejames111. Have had no problems with storage switching. Think he's also altered something in the frameworkres as well. Might be worth asking him.

Guest blaster99999

People who have storage problems, try flashing this:

DOWNLOAD

It will replace my modified storage configuration with Huawei's one. This might help. If it doesn't, don't just tell me. Actually help me out, i'm not a brain surgeon, i'm a 14 year old trying to make a successful piece of kit wink.png

Do you have to do any wipes with this, I think I will leave mine as it is, only problem is only 2 gig for my apps but I've installed all I use and still over a gig left, put all my films, music ,pics on SD card , I love the rom best I've ever had, kyan stick with it , its well worth the effort

Edited by blaster99999

Am I right in thinking that Dazzozo's CM9 ROM doesn't suffer with the storage switching problem?

I'm guessing it's not an easy job (or impossible) to take the required parts of that ROM and work it into Lightning.

Guest kyan31

Am I right in thinking that Dazzozo's CM9 ROM doesn't suffer with the storage switching problem?

I'm guessing it's not an easy job (or impossible) to take the required parts of that ROM and work it into Lightning.

Dazzozo's CM9 ROM doesn't allow storage switching, that's why. You can't actually use the internal storage on the phone itself when running CM.

Guest kyan31

I'm currently trying Meijarom by thejames111. Have had no problems with storage switching. Think he's also altered something in the frameworkres as well. Might be worth asking him.

I don't think the framework-res has much to do with the storage. It's mainly in the fstab files. I could be wrong though.

Edited by kyan31

Dazzozo's CM9 ROM doesn't allow storage switching, that's why. You can't actually use the internal storage on the phone itself when running CM.

So is that something that could be done to a stock based ROM? Just curious!

Guest Redflake

I don't think the framework-res has much to do with the storage. It's mainly in the fstab files. I could be wrong though.

I downloaded his zip for switching to internal and it as the frameworkres in as well as the fstab files.

Guest kyan31

So is that something that could be done to a stock based ROM? Just curious!

I did do it a while ago, but people complained. You can't make everyone happy.

Guest savapauk

I was using my 32GB card without problems with v3.5 of Kyan's Lightning Rom, but when I upgraded to V4 it started defaulting to internal storage and made a mess of my phone as I had all my apps stored on the internal 2GB card using Link2Int. Since then I have gone back to v3.5 and the storage problem has gone away again.

I seconds that. Running 32GB with V4 I had applications crashing for England but having rolled back to V3.5 phone is rock solid. So if V4 is giving you grief rather than giving up on the ROM I recommend giving 3.5 a spin.