Photo

[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

• Please log in to reply
2054 replies to this topic

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

Yaqh - you can't just keep going on each thread for a new rom and asking how fast it is and how good battery life is! You need to try them for yourself - it really all depemds on what apps you use, how you use them... I have some core apps that I load up and try, see how the rom feels. For example, I install opera mobile, load it up, close it, kill the process, and see how long it takes to open again, and I do this half a dozen times. Most roms take 2-3 seconds to open it, some slow up after a few repeated close and opens... so I tend to ditch the rom at that point, as it's obviously not managing te resources as well as others.
Take a CWM backup of whatever you're happy with, try a new rom, and if you're not happy, restore your old one. People will always feed back their thoughs, but you don;t need to keep asking!

yes sorry for keep asking i just wanted to get people view before testing, you mentioned that slim is your current fall back, what does this one has that other dont?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

yes sorry for keep asking i just wanted to get people view before testing, you mentioned that slim is your current fall back, what does this one has that other dont?

Don't ask, just try.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Just found too that the camera app does a FC if you set it to movie mode and select a time lapse setting. After that it will FC everytime you try and select movie mode.

Really? Hmm...

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Hi, i'm using this rom r5, i'ts great!! Good jobs, now i want put in the themes like the r4, where I can find it?
Tnk

All the mods and themes are in the addons.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Just found too that the camera app does a FC if you set it to movie mode and select a time lapse setting. After that it will FC everytime you try and select movie mode.

Clear the camera's cache, default settings etc. That might fix it temporarily.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Nobody is going to release a rom and say "its sh*t and not as good as such-and-such" are they - everyone says they have improved performance, battery life etc, and list known issues. All you can do is read the threads, and if you think they might work, try them and see if they work for you.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

Nobody is going to release a rom and say "its sh*t and not as good as such-and-such" are they - everyone says they have improved performance, battery life etc, and list known issues. All you can do is read the threads, and if you think they might work, try them and see if they work for you.

well the reason why asked is, it takes long to flash a new rom and then realise its not for you then jump onto another one, which is what i have been doing since day one, but it gets to a time when you kinda get fed up, so i thought if the general census is good then i would go ahead and test but if theres issues then it would save me time and hassle, I know you say better to try which generally works but when you get things set up to work nicely you cant be bothered to jump on a new rom. it could be out laziness or time and effect but certainly not of out respect, because you guys are doing a great job.

blademaster123

blademaster123

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Nexus7 , G300 gaming, Parkour, Guitar :D
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 7
Dude ty so much! I love this ROM, im just wondering are you ever going to make a jellybean based rom? Like when this ROM is at its full potential

"Someone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"

Albert Einstein

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Dude ty so much! I love this ROM, im just wondering are you ever going to make a jellybean based rom? Like when this ROM is at its full potential

I might.

Edited by kyan31, 18 February 2013 - 05:36 PM.

PCTechRoss

PCTechRoss

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Mobile Phones, Game Development
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 4G

I might.

You should although you should work on other things like Lightning settings (tweaks like page turning animations) just to have something to show off to non rooted users

Check out Blooops & Sam Adventures

1a2dad00f5.png0b2f5277f1.png

Click the icon

Koplinjp

Koplinjp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hello again. I installed the latest update. Major difference on use of sd class 10 cards!
I have internal as sdcard 2 and external (sd) as sdcard. Music folder on both places... why the Music player (i tried google Music, nplayer pro, huawei default music player...) does not find music files?
Another question: when the phone is charging, the touch is crazy! For instance, to unlock screen pushing to the right is going to the left (open camera, the back button doesn't work)... I remember you guys that i look out for 5 huawei ascend g300... i tried to do a full wipe in 2 of them, problem remains...

Edited by Koplinjp, 18 February 2013 - 11:52 PM.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
My advice is to format the internal sd card then sync 2gb of music to it making sure you're chosen music player is capable of scanning the internal sd card , power amp does this.
This should allow you to use the internal 2gb sd card for music saving room on the external sd card.
I have done this and in the past 2 months I have never had any rom resort to the internal storage.
Its a win win situation.
I must add I have only had my storage return to the internal sd card a hand full of times so I don't know if it is a permanent fix but you might as well try it , if you're not using the internal for anything else.

Biohazard

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
Some CyanLightning teasers ^_^

Attached File  CL1.png   422.73KB   38 downloadsAttached File  CL2.png   460.52KB   34 downloads

Based on CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2 Jellybean)

Features (so far, i'm gonna add a lot more)
  • Supremacy Trilogy script
  • Awesome Beats
  • Zipaligned
  • Stripped lots of junk
  • Modified Gapps
  • New theme
  • Init.d support and scripts
  • Build.prop tweaks
  • OTA updates
  • Obviously more is going to be added
I won't be releasing it now, as I just started an hour ago, but it is looking good so far. I hope it all goes well :wub:

Edited by kyan31, 19 February 2013 - 01:35 AM.

VoltresS

VoltresS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Some CyanLightning teasers ^_^

Attached File  CL1.png   422.73KB   38 downloadsAttached File  CL2.png   460.52KB   34 downloads

Based on CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2 Jellybean)

Features (so far, i'm gonna add a lot more)

• Supremacy Trilogy script
  • Awesome Beats
  • Zipaligned
  • Stripped lots of junk
  • Modified Gapps
  • New theme
  • Init.d support and scripts
  • Build.prop tweaks
  • OTA updates
  • Obviously more is going to be added
I won't be releasing it now, as I just started an hour ago, but it is looking good so far. I hope it all goes well :wub:

Damn good dude.

Just the rom I really wanted, it will feel good for sure to have CM with all that extras. For me it is just wait for a really bug free cm 10.1 and a version of yours with all the stuff you mentioned plus the bravia engine and the extended camera resolution, that I'm sure you are already working on it. Till then I'll stick with lightning religiously ;).

You are unstoppable, keep on going

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969
Might be worth having a look at this: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2069238

seems similar to other scripts and tweaks though

Edited by kieranswhite, 19 February 2013 - 08:59 AM.

subbrn2

subbrn2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:huawei u8815
I install the rom after flash samsung toggles then wipe data factory reset still toggles without excuse my english

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Damn good dude.

Just the rom I really wanted, it will feel good for sure to have CM with all that extras. For me it is just wait for a really bug free cm 10.1 and a version of yours with all the stuff you mentioned plus the bravia engine and the extended camera resolution, that I'm sure you are already working on it. Till then I'll stick with lightning religiously ;).

You are unstoppable, keep on going

Thanks dude, next I'm gonna try to see what is causing the camera slowdowns. Other camera apps don't have this problem, so it must only exist with the stock one.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

I install the rom after flash samsung toggles then wipe data factory reset still toggles without excuse my english

Wait, so do you HAVE the toggles, but no Samsung theme?

subbrn2

subbrn2

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:huawei u8815
dont have toggles kyan31
kyan31 this is the only rom that I am always without toggles

Edited by subbrn2, 19 February 2013 - 11:01 AM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

Hello again. I installed the latest update. Major difference on use of sd class 10 cards!
I have internal as sdcard 2 and external (sd) as sdcard. Music folder on both places... why the Music player (i tried google Music, nplayer pro, huawei default music player...) does not find music files?
Another question: when the phone is charging, the touch is crazy! For instance, to unlock screen pushing to the right is going to the left (open camera, the back button doesn't work)... I remember you guys that i look out for 5 huawei ascend g300... i tried to do a full wipe in 2 of them, problem remains...

I really don't know what the problem could be here. It is probably the SD card as I have never encountered these issues before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users