Annoying random shutdowns

Guest vibracopilu

Guest vibracopilu

Hi. Details: I bought the phone with the GB official rom on it (duh), updated it with OTA to the ICS versions; after that I rooted it + installed CWM in order to install custom roms. Ever since, my G300 keeps giving me random restarts whatever custom rom I am on (even tried the B952 repack of the official one). Any help?

UPDATE: I wanted to say REBOOTS in the title

Edited by vibracopilu

• 11 months later...
Guest dr.slimm

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Root, bootloader unlock, cwm, backup via cwm and then I tested CM 11, CM 10.2 for few days, but I suffered with reboots a lot.

So I restored the phone to stock B952 with CWM, but still once/twice a day i find my phone rebooted.

Can you give me i hint? Which kernel use, or which topic worth reading?

Guest dalyer

How did you unlock the bootloader?

Which tutorial and utility did you use?
Sounds like 3G reboots that affect the unofficially unlocked bootloader from the "explained like you're 5" tutorial.

If so you should unlock officially:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

Guest dr.slimm

I used huawei300.com utility.

I also tried the Paul's kernel as advised few post above and since then I haven't experienced any restart yet (thumbs crossed) so I am happy with Stock+ ROM from Cyda and Paul's kernel right now. Only think I hate is the unstable stock browser (same as in pure stock ROM before I even started to play with ROMs).

To unlock the bootloader officially I assume I have to revert phone to original FW, BL and REC, something described as "Force update (ICS, B952 Update)" from this post, am I right?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128117

Guest dalyer

I used huawei300.com utility.

I also tried the Paul's kernel as advised few post above and since then I haven't experienced any restart yet (thumbs crossed) so I am happy with Stock+ ROM from Cyda and Paul's kernel right now. Only think I hate is the unstable stock browser (same as in pure stock ROM before I even started to play with ROMs).

To unlock the bootloader officially I assume I have to revert phone to original FW, BL and REC, something described as "Force update (ICS, B952 Update)" from this post, am I right?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128117

Yes - follow the tutorial from george109 that I linked to above. It explains in detail what to do.

The unofficial bootloader unlock can result in 3G reboots which sounds like your problem.

Guest dr.slimm

To soon to celebrate, one reboot with Paul's kernel after 4 days, bearable, but I will definitely try the relock and unlock of the bootloader according to the George's. Unfortunatelly I still haven't recieved the unlock code from Huawei, I will try to submit for it again.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Guest dalyer

If you are getting 3G reboots then only an official bootloader unlock will fix it.

No kernel will unilaterally fix it.

Check page 17/18 of george109's official unlock tutorial - it may be possible to unlock the bootloader using DC Unlocker without the code from Huawei. It works for some people but not others. And there's no risk in trying.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dr.slimm

I restored the bootloader according to the George's tutorial yesterday evening and I am waiting for my unlock code from Huawei.

I found out, that the issue occures when I travel (switching between BTS), so so called 3G reboots is probably my issue. Hope the restore will help.

Edited by dr.slimm

Guest dalyer

I restored the bootloader according to the George's tutorial yesterday evening and I am waiting for my unlock code from Huawei.

I found out, that the issue occures when I travel (switching between BTS), so so called 3G reboots is probably my issue. Hope the restore will help.

While waiting for Huawei to send the code (which can take ages and many retries!) try DC Unlocker in case it can do it without the code:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

Guest dr.slimm

While waiting for Huawei to send the code (which can take ages and many retries!) try DC Unlocker in case it can do it without the code:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

Hi, I read the link and tried the DC unlocker, but the linked tutorial was for different phone so I found few post later the tutorial for U8815 and need for installing correct drivers. I have done it, but there is no mention about pulling the bootlader code in official tutorial on DC unlocker site. My result is unfortunatelly the same as everybody complains:

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1084

Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM5
Found Diagnostics port COM6

Model               : Huawei Ascend G series
IMEI                : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wi-Fi MAC           : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BlueTooth MAC       : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SIM Lock status     : unlocked 

But no bootloader code :(

Guest dalyer

Read the full thread.

It works for some people but not others.

Some people suggested trying different USB ports but that may have been if DC Unlocker didn't see the G300.

Make sure that you are on stock ICS (e.g. B952).

If it doesn't work and you still want to unlock the ICS bootloader then you'll have to get the code from Huawei and follow the tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Guest dr.slimm

I reverted to stock ICS B952 via force update, I also checked the bootloader status and I have back original one (locked status).

I don't have problem that DC unlocker can't see the phone at all, it just never pull out more data than I already posted, I tried older version of DC unlocker 1664, both driver packages from official DC unlocker tutorials. I also found this

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23234

Don't know if they are only trying to push him to pay for the unlock or there is really something behind when you use force update to restore bootloader...

At leas no restart since I've done the force update.

Guest dalyer

You should not get 3G reboots with the original locked ICS bootloader.

Just with the unofficially unlocked one - I'm not sure if this is a hacked ICS bootloader to unlock it or the GB unlocked bootloader which causes 3G reboots when run under ICS?

DC Unlocker has worked for some people but not others when unlocking the bootloader - not sure why.

I don't think that DC Unlocker are trying to force anybody to buy anything in the thread that you linked to.

Is there any "force unlock" option in the GUI as they suggest?

If it doesn't work then you'll need the code from Huawei and george109's tutorial.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

The force unlock is paid, that is the thing.

Still waiting for the code (submited two times already).  :angry:

OK - I didn't know that the force unlock cost money.

It can take time and many attempts to get the unlock code from Huawei.

I sent them an email with "urgent" plastered all over it and that elicited a code from them when previous emails and form submissions had failed.

Guest dr.slimm

I wrote them an e-mail directly, I got the code and successfuly unlocked the bootloader. But since I am on the bussines trip, I am not going to experiment with ROMs before I get home.

Thanks everyone for usefull hints. Looking forward to enjoy new user experinece with my G300.