Firefox 19 Beta now works on 600mhz armv6 such as ZTE blade :)

Hi guys, if you go to play store you can now download firefox 19 beta which works on our zte blade phones :)

Previously, the browser required an 800MHz ARMv6 processor or faster, but Mozilla lowered the requirement to 600MHz, along with 512MB of memory, and HVGA (480x320 pixels) screen resolution.

The browser is 21.37mb btw.

more info: http://news.cnet.com...-android-reach/

Firefox 20 will have a memory requirement of just 384MB, a customizable homepage, HTML5 context menus support and private browsing.

Edited by Guest

Whats the big deal man..

imo the stock jb browser is better than firefox...

Stock browser on android 2.3.7 cynogenmod gets 200 on html5test.com, firefox 19 beta scores 392.

Whoah when did this thing became so much slower?

I'm wondering how do they intend to put firefox os on low-end phones if it stays that way...

I think the requirements of firefox os is an 800mhz cpu as the minimum allowed.

Guest targetbsp

Last time I tried firefox it was horrifically sluggish and worked fine. Has this changed? A spec change is meaningless if its still slow.

And I'm not talking about benchmarks but how it actually is to use.

Frankly the last time I used the desktop version it had pretty much the same problems. It could ace a webpage 0.01 seconds faster than its competitors but spent several seconds longer loading itself up which kinda defeated the point. :D

Last time I tried firefox it was horrifically sluggish and worked fine. Has this changed? A spec change is meaningless if its still slow.

And I'm not talking about benchmarks but how it actually is to use.

Frankly the last time I used the desktop version it had pretty much the same problems. It could ace a webpage 0.01 seconds faster than its competitors but spent several seconds longer loading itself up which kinda defeated the point. :D

The desktop version is actually pretty quick now in v18 as it has a new javascript engine. The phone version is fairly slow, but so is android's and opera's. I'd rather have a slower browser that could render modern html5 webpages properly than a faster old browser.

Guest targetbsp

Does anyone know if FF can auto flow text to width of screen? If FF can't any alternatives? Thanks

Angel browser is the best I've found at that. Which is why I use it. :D

Guest Sulthekk

Does anyone know if FF can auto flow text to width of screen? If FF can't any alternatives? Thanks

It can't by default, but there is an addon for it.

FF has a nice plugin architecture... Even though I'm not sure it's good for phones as it is. I mean, I installed an addon and there were no permissions shown to be accepted, which I guess means that every addon can use the rights of the browser, so a malicious addon, once installed can easily do anything with ff's current permissions! :o

Guest mitchde

I think the new FF beta can run faster (as standard browser) if the hw environment is much better, like RAM = 1 GB.

Running on low end smartfones with less RAM ONLY some js benches are better but in real life (browsing real sites) needs to much ressorces (RAM) for our blade. benefit of fast (but RAm eating) FF goes into other site = slower or has some short hangings.

Edited by mitchde