r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest the.real.lantesh

Every time I update an app on the play store I get the following error:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah I'm getting that too.

Guest The Soup Thief

I started getting that, just after installing this update, koush's superuser and a new franco kernel

Wasn't sure which of these actions might have been the culprit, but it looks like it might have been the rom upgrade

Incidentally Paul, would there be anything to be gained by integrating Francokernel and the free updater in through your rom-o-matic & prebakes? [edit - oosp - just noticed it's now in the kitchen - sorry] Similarly koush's superuser app? Just wondering whether francokernel's power saving might be an advantage; as for koush's app, it's early doors, but it's likely to be very well maintained & developed

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Guest The Soup Thief

Bingo! That's fixed the Google Play update problem. Nice one!

Not bothered about Adblock personally - I use Adaway, myself

Guest the.real.lantesh

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

It's not a big deal to me one way or the other. I suppose if it introduces a security hole we might be better off without it.

Guest adam1000rr

Every time I update an app on the play store I get the following error:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, same here.. Running r8 at the moment..

I tried flashing the rom again, deleting Play Store data and cache, wiped cahce and Dalvik cache but it still appears..

I might try the milestone and see what happens.

Guest Jub Fequois

I can second the issues with gesture typing. It just doesn't work. Also, Paul, thanks for changing the keyboard over!

And like The Soup Thief, I would also really like to see koush's Superuser app integrated. It feels so much better than SuperSU and the old Superuser!

Guest Puzzlegirl
I can second the issues with gesture typing. It just doesn't work. Also, Paul, thanks for changing the keyboard over!

And like The Soup Thief, I would also really like to see koush's Superuser app integrated. It feels so much better than SuperSU and the old Superuser!

If Superuser is integrated into the ROM, does that mean you can't get rid of it if you wanted to change to SuperSU?

Guest Jub Fequois

If Superuser is integrated into the ROM, does that mean you can't get rid of it if you wanted to change to SuperSU?

I'm not sure exactly how it's working, but it integrates with the system settings. Most likely possible to remove quite easily though. Also, if it was possible to make it a kitchen option it'd be even easier! :)

Guest Luirawr

Has anybody else been recieving alot of Network outages since this rom update?

The only thing that seems to reinitiate the connection with the mobile network is a reboot. Just randomly drops

Guest taylormadearmy

I can second the issues with gesture typing. It just doesn't work.

I can third this - any ideas how to fix it? I've become addicted to it - not sure I can cope without it!

Thanks!

T

Guest The Soup Thief

Here's a strange one. Just looked in battery stats - the biggest consumer of power over the past 6 hours has been "Fused location" (35% of total consumption)

Anyone know what that is?

Phone's been on charge for part of that time of that's of any significance

Guest Paul77
Here's a strange one. Just looked in battery stats - the biggest consumer of power over the past 6 hours has been "Fused location" (35% of total consumption)

Anyone know what that is?

Phone's been on charge for part of that time of that's of any significance

Not sure, maybe it's been constantly switching between WiFi and mobile.

Guest Stuart_f

From a random thread on XDA, "According to android source code (FusedLocationProvider), Fused Location is actually a location service which combines GPS location and network location to achieve balance between battery consumption and accuracy."

Why its using your battery is anyone's guess...

Guest The Soup Thief

Thanks for the suggestions - I saw that xda thread; will monitor things and let you know what happens next!

FWIW, "Fused location" now stands at 48% of total battery consumption with minimal further power used

I've had location services turned off since previous post

I'll turn my widgets off and report back

Edit - most odd. Same level of usage reported this morning, presumably from last night. Just rebooted and it's gone from the list (maybe because I switched location services off last night). I turned location services back on and will keep an eye on it to see if it arises again. If not I'll turn my weather widget back on see if that was the culprit

Edit 2 - ok - "problem" solved. Turned the weather widget back on (Fancy Widget) and Fused Location app suddenly began guzzling juice. Now I remember why I don't use weather widgets usually. Good spot, Paul77!

Edit 3 - so, it's not that straightforward afterall. Fancy Widget is uninstalled, Location services off, yet in the past two hours (while the phone's been in my pocket, turned off) "Fused location" consumed 78% of the total power used. Though I have turned gps and location stuff off, I can see that gps has been active for the past 2 hours. Admittedly, the overall battery level dropped only 3% in that time, so that 78% of all consumption doesn't amount to much, but it's more than 0 and very perplexing...

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest paulihunter

Hey guys.

Just would like to know which kernel you're using.

On Jr9 I used the _motley because of the msm_hsic_host wakelock. But it's seems not to work on r8. So I switched to enhanced stock kernel by faux123.

And you?

Hey guys.

Just would like to know which kernel you're using.

On Jr9 I used the _motley because of the msm_hsic_host wakelock. But it's seems not to work on r8. So I switched to enhanced stock kernel by faux123.

And you?

_motley working fine for me with r8...

Guest paulihunter

_motley working fine for me with r8...

Ah, my fault. I forgot that there's a specific version for CM... Tried the AOSP version... *dumb*:lol: