r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest The Soup Thief

Hey Paul - this might be a bit of a soft idea (would probably add to your workload considerably) but I was thinking it might be a neat twist on the Modaco Custom ROM idea...

Just as you've introduced the MCR / CM kang kitchen, would you think about doing mash up kitchens with other custom ROMs? I'm thinking of Paranoid Android in partic (my daily driver at the mo is the alpha of 3.50 - really like the PA Pie - way nicer than the CM version - and halo is pretty cool too) but also maybe AOKP and others. Maybe just something like a PACman kitchen to cover all three bases? (though there would be lots of other possibilities beyond these ROMs).

Probably would be a huge undertaking, added to which I'm not sure how many people use the kitchens - might be a lot of time better spent on reviews etc

Thought I'd mention it

Guest Brembo109

Hey Paul - this might be a bit of a soft idea (would probably add to your workload considerably) but I was thinking it might be a neat twist on the Modaco Custom ROM idea...

Just as you've introduced the MCR / CM kang kitchen, would you think about doing mash up kitchens with other custom ROMs? I'm thinking of Paranoid Android in partic (my daily driver at the mo is the alpha of 3.50 - really like the PA Pie - way nicer than the CM version - and halo is pretty cool too) but also maybe AOKP and others. Maybe just something like a PACman kitchen to cover all three bases? (though there would be lots of other possibilities beyond these ROMs).

Probably would be a huge undertaking, added to which I'm not sure how many people use the kitchens - might be a lot of time better spent on reviews etc

Thought I'd mention it

That would be nice. But i have no idea how much work this needs.

Guest Planet X

Really great rom. Stable and smooth. First tried the non cm rom but I was missing something. This one together with Franco kernel is a nice combo. Do you update the kitchen soon again? That would be nice.

Guest The Soup Thief

Have a sniff of the Paranoid Android alphas with pie & halo before you go back to Cyanogenmod. Lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 123nexus

I love my modacocyano ... But i like to flash too ... Any chance to reconciling both ?

:huh:

Perhaps Cyano RC2 data bug not for nothing ?

Edited by 123nexus

Guest SeanC1966
Have a sniff of the Paranoid Android alphas with pie & halo before you go back to Cyanogenmod. Lots of fun!

I agree, installed PA couple of days ago and loving it so far

Guest the.real.lantesh

Well I hope everything is ok with Paul. It has been quite awhile without an update. I finally gave in, and flashed CM RC5. I'll be checking back for your next update Paul.

Guest Jub Fequois

Well I hope everything is ok with Paul. It has been quite awhile without an update. I finally gave in, and flashed CM RC5. I'll be checking back for your next update Paul.

I wouldn't worry. He's currently online. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the.real.lantesh

Yeah at this point Paul may be done this rom. It would be nice to see an update as the kitchen features are nice to have, but I went back to CM with RC5, and and now happily running the CM stable.

Guest Jub Fequois

I reckon it's an abandoned project at this point, which we all knew could (or would) happen - as it's clearly stated in the first post: "By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow."

Guest 123nexus
I reckon it's an abandoned project at this point, which we all knew could (or would) happen - as it's clearly stated in the first post: "By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow."

So why saying update coming soon then ? >_>

Edited by 123nexus

Guest Jub Fequois

So why saying update coming soon then ?>_>

I'm not sure... but that was well over a month ago, and the last update was released over two and a half months ago. Perhaps Paul will surprise us. :)

Guest rpcob

Wish he'd get more on the team to help out. Kinda seems this ROM is dead. I remember the G1 and Nexus one would get updates about once a week or every other. Thats why I came back with my Nexus 4 :unsure:

@t0ph0id Whats is like going from Modaco Cyanogen to Pure Cyanogen? Worth it?

Edited by rpcob

Guest Jasperov

This ROM needs an update, came back today hoping it was here. Not running smooth enough and the tab feature is pretty much broken, flashed twice and still have that problem where it doesn't recognise what app you are trying to select. Might just head off and flash CM for the craic.

Guest comicbookguy

got paranoid android and cm 10.1 stable to try tomorrow:

CM wouldn't restore backups with TB, from snapshot, XML or pulled from a cwm backup.....(even after i wiped)

PA installed and restored backups easily with TB, although i couldn't get my call history back. HOWEVER, BT audio output seems significantly quieter than MCMCR

Edited by comicbookguy