How to mount sd card on internal memory?

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Hi all

After realising that apps don't read data from the external sd card unless it's the default one, I was wondering if it was possible to have the sd card as a folder of the internal memory, so that it gets read?

Guest DaveSimonH

Speaking of SD cards, I read it was very difficult to physically remove a microSD once its in the slot. When I install one, should I avoid installing any other SDs and just wait for the 16GB or 32GB microSD? I have an 8GB to hand that I could test with, but if its as difficult to remove as they say, then probably best to wait?

Guest Biohead

I also found it near impossible to remove the card (but managed to do it).

The problem stems from the fact there is a raised RF Shield (or similar) precisely next to the gap for the MicroSD card. The result being that when the card is inserted, there's no gap to slide the card out. You've got to get something really thin to put under the card and direct it up and over the shield. It's only a few degrees, but it feels like you're either going to break the SD card, or the socket for it.

Guest Biohead

Actually, looks like removing the MicroSD card has permanently damaged it. At first I though it was just a formatting error (showing 32mb RAW only), however picked it up tonight to have another bash at it and it's clean in two pieces :( It felt like I had to apply a lot of pressure to bend it upwards, moreso than I'd deem safe.

16GB gone like that. Fortunately I didn't have anything stored on the card and it's a good job it only cost me £2.99 as I had a voucher to spend. Lesson learnt!