• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Had a quick google but could not really find anything wondering which manufacture makes this phone for orange I.e nokia, samsung etc..

gwebb

gwebb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, Nexus 7, OSD, Moto G
AFAIK, so take this with a pinch of salt; Intel designed the phone, Gigabyte do the manufacturing, the operators brand the phones and ask for customisation. A Chinese company (I forget the name) does the customisation of the firmware, where as Intel do the low-level work (they have made a lot of Linux contributions and tweaks related to Medfield).

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

AFAIK, so take this with a pinch of salt; Intel designed the phone, Gigabyte do the manufacturing, the operators brand the phones and ask for customisation. A Chinese company (I forget the name) does the customisation of the firmware, where as Intel do the low-level work (they have made a lot of Linux contributions and tweaks related to Medfield).

Don't know about the Chinese company you mention(just never heard of that bit) but the rest is spot on.
Gigabyte are a Massive Taiwanese electronics company that make a lot of computer components such as motherboards and graphics cards.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users