Updating to (Official, b936) ICS, few simple questions.

Guest Ocaderan

Guest Ocaderan

Is there any risk of bricking the phone?

Do i need to root and backup my IMEI if i'm just installing the official update?

Edited by Ocaderan

Guest Redflake

If your using the official update then you should be ok.

Risk of bricking is minimal and would only occur if the battery died during the update so just make sure its fully charged.

Your imei should be unaffected as its the official update.

Guest Ocaderan

If your using the official update then you should be ok.

Risk of bricking is minimal and would only occur if the battery died during the update so just make sure its fully charged.

Your imei should be unaffected as its the official update.

Thanks, thanks very much. I assume it's fine to update from b886 to b936 directly?

Factory reset before or after update?

(Sorry if i'm asking too many questions..)

Will the rom from "www.huaweig300.com" contain all english apps/boot screens/etc?

Edited by Ocaderan

If it is an official update, everything will be safe. You will get all the Huawei apps, and some Google apps too. It will be just like stock, with no fancy features or dangerous settings.

I think it will factory reset your phone, but I can't be sure.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Ocaderan

What is the first boot into ICS like? After unpacking and installing, mine went to the huawei logo, then an android logo with it formatting data + cache, then rebooted and went to vodafone logo, rebooted again and went to vodafone logo again, and now it's been on the vodafone logo for about a minute. Normal?

Never mind, booted. Was just really worried heh. Thanks for the help.

The buttons seem bigger and the touchscreen more responsive. The UI also looks very refreshing and refined, in my opinion :D

Edited by Ocaderan

What is the first boot into ICS like? After unpacking and installing, mine went to the huawei logo, then an android logo with it formatting data + cache, then rebooted and went to vodafone logo, rebooted again and went to vodafone logo again, and now it's been on the vodafone logo for about a minute. Normal?

Never mind, booted. Was just really worried heh. Thanks for the help.

The buttons seem bigger and the touchscreen more responsive. The UI also looks very refreshing and refined, in my opinion :D

I recommend installing a new ROM as you may be disappointed with stock. It gets very slow and buggy after a while.

If you want a ROM which has a nice, 'stock' feel to it, I recommend:

Jelly Cream Sandwich (by krishang3)

Meija (by thejaimes)

Lightning ROM (by kyan31 a.k.a me)

Stock+ (by Cyda)

They are all based on stock, but have many tweaks and addons to make it better overall than stock ICS. They are all bug free, and make using the phone a much better experience. Check out their features and see what you like best.