best place to get Jiayu G3

Guest yaqh

Bought mine from uredeal.com with no problems.

how much did you pay includimg deliver to uk.how would you rate the phone.im using huawei g300 so want somthing jusy as good but better.i hear its bulky?

Guest putbinoot

Bought mine from uredeal.com with no problems.

I think i paid £160 for phone, Jiayu phone case and 32GB card, that was it delivered to door. I also have the G300 and wanted a bigger screen and something faster. Bulky is not how i would describe it but it is obviously bigger than the G300 I like the fact that it has square edges as you can get a good hold of it.

I think i paid £160 for phone, Jiayu phone case and 32GB card, that was it delivered to door. I also have the G300 and wanted a bigger screen and something faster. Bulky is not how i would describe it but it is obviously bigger than the G300 I like the fact that it has square edges as you can get a good hold of it.

thanks how heavy is it and is ther any.issues with it.does the 3g work ok.whats the battery like.dont know if to buy this or somthing else.

Edited by yaqh

thanks how heavy is it and is ther any.issues with it.does the 3g work ok.whats the battery like.dont know if to buy this or somthing else.

Hi yaqh,

I think putbinoot answers these question in the review.

Got my G3 fron etotalk.com, without any issues.

think they have it on offer at the moment for $179.99 plus postage.

was about to order from mmerimobiles a few minutes ago, but then saw the Chinese New Year advisory so went on to browse a bit, and saw the G4 about to be released! will prolly wait for G4 to be released before I buy the G3 as it will most likely lower the price some more (currently +/- USD 200 incl DHL Shipping). When it drops down by about USD 20 it'll be a no-brainer..G4 is good, but then I dnt think I need more than 2 cores as I don't play games on my phone, and I need more battery life out of it!

good thing I waited a bit..Pandawill offers it less discount for Chinese New Year's 10% off..total of about USD 197 including FedEx..I dunno if it will lower in price after New Year, so I wanna take advantage even if I have to wait for about two weeks..

btw anyone got the "oreo" color option and the metallic case I read somewhere? TIA

Not heard of any Oreo version. Got any pics?

Here goes the link:

http://www.gizchina.com/2012/08/02/jiayu-g3-which-color-do-you-choose/ I don't know if Jiayu went ahead with this scheme as all I've found so far were black, silver, and grey..basically the "oreo" is the black one with a silver trim..

another thing I have yet to see is the metallic case http://www.gizchina.com/2012/08/28/update-jiayu-g3-accessories-and-network-license/..all I've seen are the silicone, hard plastic and ultrathin cases, as well as the iphone-like bumpers, and leather covers..

If there's one thing I'd like to change with the G3's design, it would be the plain and boring back cover..let's see if I can cover it up with carbon fiber stickers and see how it looks once mine arrives..

Edited by [email protected]

Pandawill seems to be screwing me. Last week I ordered from them tje black version as the silver one was out of stock, as per their chat support rep. So I went ahead and ordered as the lady promised to have it shipped Feb 18.

Well, I checked yesterday the status of my order and another rep said my shipment will be delayed for another 2 or 3 days as the phone went out of stock! Furious as how the 1st rep had lied to me, I tried to find a way to have them ship the unit as fast as possible and even demanded to talk to a supervisor. It was then at that point that the rep said it's eother I wait or cancel my order. Now, what kind of customer service tells their customers to cancel their orders upfront?

Will wait for today's update before cancelling. I may have to order a different device from a different store altogether.

Guest reganlives

Keep asking them for an update. A lot of the suppliers are like that. Tell them if they're quick then you will give them good feedback and mention them on forums etc then they may hurry up.

Guest RussellS

I ordered mine from Etotalk with DHL 3-7 day shipping and was quite pleased with the service. The communication was very good and they provide the DHL tracking information so I could see where the item was at point in it's journey. I think, in the end, it took about 6 days for my phone to arrive.

One piece of advice though. I opted for the Etotalk mod rom (chargeable option) which is where they root the phone, remove the Chinese apps and install all the Google services. At the time there wasn't much in the way of community support for the phone and I didn't want to end up with a phone that didn't have Google services on it and not have any roms to install. However, in hindsight, I wouldn't opt for this again because within days of having the phone I had replaced the etotalk rom with the official rom from November 2012. So basically I wasted my money in opting for the Etotalk rom.

Also, Etotalk take Paypal as payment which I feel a little safer with.