[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest Prestodus

I'm having some problems trying to install this.

I've read through the thread to look for solutions, but haven't found any.

Basically, when I reboot into bootloader the green android stays on my screen. I think this is normal behaviour, if I'm correct?

But then when I try to flash the recovery, I can't get past the < waiting for device > message.

This is what I did (multiple times):

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\web02>cd c:\adb

c:\adb>dir

Volume in drive C is System

Volume Serial Number is 0016-20EF

Directory of c:\adb

11/02/2013 10:15 <DIR>		 .

11/02/2013 10:15 <DIR>		 ..

06/12/2012 04:44		 815.104 adb.exe

06/12/2012 04:44		 157.184 fastboot.exe

11/02/2013 09:32		 5.963.776 recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

3 File(s)	 6.936.064 bytes

2 Dir(s) 394.478.432.256 bytes free

c:\adb>adb devices

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

P772N10 device

c:\adb>adb devices

List of devices attached

P772N10 device

c:\adb>adb reboot bootloader

c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

< waiting for device >

I think I installed all drivers correctly, and I am running windows 7 64 bit.

My phone is connected with usb debugging as an installer.

Edited by Prestodus

Guest Prestodus

fastboot devices does show my device, so that shouldn't be the problem.

How long is the < waiting for device > surposed to take? Should it be instant or should it take a longer time?

Guest GizmoTheGreen

fastboot devices does show my device, so that shouldn't be the problem.

How long is the < waiting for device > surposed to take? Should it be instant or should it take a longer time?

it should be instant.

can you send a pastebin when you run all the commands? fastboot devices as well?

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

Guest Prestodus

Hmm, I can't get it to work, is the procedure that I'm following correct?

1 - Connect via USB, USB debugging is on

2 - CD to the right directory (checked with dir)

3 - Check for device (shows P772N10)

4 - adb reboot bootloader (phone enters bootloader, android icon stays on screen)

5 - fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

After that I get stuck with nothing to do other than removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/nkxQmBRe

Fastboot devices returns nothing when I'm in bootloader, I guess this is the problem?

If I look in device manager while in bootloader, there's a device in the category "Other devices" called "Android", but the information says that no driver is installed.

If I click update driver, it can't find one.

Where can I find bootloader drivers for the Blade III?

Edit 2:

Found a driver!

For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=&id=0B3fPjU1mSNINU3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

Edited by Prestodus

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Hmm, I can't get it to work, is the procedure that I'm following correct?

1 - Connect via USB, USB debugging is on

2 - CD to the right directory (checked with dir)

3 - Check for device (shows P772N10)

4 - adb reboot bootloader (phone enters bootloader, android icon stays on screen)

5 - fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

After that I get stuck with nothing to do other than removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/nkxQmBRe

Fastboot devices returns nothing when I'm in bootloader, I guess this is the problem?

If I look in device manager while in bootloader, there's a device in the category "Other devices" called "Android", but the information says that no driver is installed.

If I click update driver, it can't find one.

Where can I find bootloader drivers for the Blade III?

Edit 2:

Found a driver!

For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google...U3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

I take it it's working now, congrats :)

Guest andylonone

Edit 2:

Found a driver!

For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google...U3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

Good ;) for all people having the same trouble try this:

1) Boot the phone into Android

2) Connect phone to pc with USB cable

3) An autorun should start in Windows, launch the setup

3.1) If not, check in system devices, a new device with drivers should be there

4) Retry KonstaT guide

4.1) Not working again? Try installing Prestodus drivers and refollow KonstaT guide

It should work now ;)

Guest andylonone

I think the driver is corrupted (try downloading it again) or it is incompatible with win 8.

If re-downloading doesn't fix the problem try on another OS ;)

Guest GarryHD

I think the driver is corrupted (try downloading it again) or it is incompatible with win 8.

If re-downloading doesn't fix the problem try on another OS ;)

I think so that OS is problem now, but I want a solution for this, if exist... I don't want to replace the system now... maybe is a solution for disconnecting checking signature? I made root for the phone.

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

P772N10_OMD device

< waiting for device >

and nothing :(

Edit: I founded an usb driver in extras from SDK Manager and now the driver is installed :)

Edit2: Is working, I must to install same driver 2 time, but he is go, I installed cwm, now I set a backup, then I try CM10.

Edited by GarryHD

Guest LimeMiiQ

Hey, I'm back again. My phone has started rebooting randomly everytime it's unplugged. I'm pretty sure that this is just a faulty phone, as I have tried restoring to the backup I made before flashing, and going back to the factory settings, but nothing seems to help. I'm going to get my phone serviced, so I want to know if I have to do any Stock ROM flashing or anything like that. I haven't done anything else than rooted the phone. I flashed Clockwork and installed Superuser. That's all.

TL;DR I flashed Clockwork and installed superuser, now I'm going to get the phone serviced. Do I need to do anything before (for example, flash a stock rom) for them to accept it into service?

Hey, I'm back again. My phone has started rebooting randomly everytime it's unplugged. I'm pretty sure that this is just a faulty phone, as I have tried restoring to the backup I made before flashing, and going back to the factory settings, but nothing seems to help. I'm going to get my phone serviced, so I want to know if I have to do any Stock ROM flashing or anything like that. I haven't done anything else than rooted the phone. I flashed Clockwork and installed Superuser. That's all.

TL;DR I flashed Clockwork and installed superuser, now I'm going to get the phone serviced. Do I need to do anything before (for example, flash a stock rom) for them to accept it into service?

Faulty phone. My first Blade did random reboots even with original rom and recovery. New one from rma works well now.

Edited by Yrmiö

Guest LimeMiiQ

That's what I said. I'm not blaming this guide for anything. What I'm asking is if I need to reflash a stock rom or something so that they'll accept the device for service.

Guest KonstaT

Inside EU it shouldn't matter if your phone is rooted or has a custom recovery. If you have a hardware fault in your device, it should be repaired unless they can prove that you have somehow caused it yourself.

If I was to return my device to warranty, I would restore an unrooted stock ROM and stock recovery just in case. It's very simple and there really isn't any reason not to. I added stock recovery (B10) to the first post in a ClockWorkMod flashable zip. You can use it flash official updates.

Guest mental_pyro

firstly thank you for the rom KonstaT :)

secondly i flashed this rom onto my partners phone and forgot to make a back up of the stock dose anyone have a stock rom foe the blade 3 uk/eu? (not dual core)

When I'm in ClockworkMod Recovery and I try to install a zip through adb shell from my computer, I always get "sh: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh: not found" when the zip begins to install. It installs successfully, however it instantly reboots the phone into a normal state after it has installed, without giving me a chance to wipe data factory, etc.

It works fine when I install the zip through the menu using the volume keys and power button. I'm only having this problem when using adb shell commands.

Any idea what's causing this? I have this problem with all zip files, including the superuser zip.

edit: I may be completely off here, but I did a bit of Googling and it may be because postrecoveryboot.sh is missing either here or here. Not sure. Or maybe it's related to the individual zip file? I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

When I'm in ClockworkMod Recovery and I try to install a zip through adb shell from my computer, I always get "sh: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh: not found" when the zip begins to install. It installs successfully, however it instantly reboots the phone into a normal state after it has installed, without giving me a chance to wipe data factory, etc.

It works fine when I install the zip through the menu using the volume keys and power button. I'm only having this problem when using adb shell commands.

Any idea what's causing this? I have this problem with all zip files, including the superuser zip.

edit: I may be completely off here, but I did a bit of Googling and it may be because postrecoveryboot.sh is missing either here or here. Not sure. Or maybe it's related to the individual zip file? I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Huh, what? :o First you have to explain how and why you're installing packages in adb shell? Is that even supposed to be possible? I had no idea...

How about using adb sideload instead? It will push package using adb and install it after that. It works just fine for me.

Question:

What will suppose to happen if by accident I try to flash a bigger partition than physically available?

For example the system partition (mmcblk0p19) is 400Mb. What will be the result if I try to flash 450Mb to it?

At first this might be a stupid question, but let's say I don't know the correct size and I accidentally place lots of apk in the zip file.

CWM will complain before doing anything?

It will write the first 400Mb then give an error?

It will write the first 400Mb then the rest in the next partition?

It will mess up completely the mmc?

I've bricked my phone 2 times while trying to flash a modified ROM and I still haven't figure out what went wrong.

To avoid the same mistake I have deleted those ROM files (so I can't check the problem), but the only reason I can think for my brick is a huge system partition.

Good ;) for all people having the same trouble try this:

1) Boot the phone into Android

2) Connect phone to pc with USB cable

3) An autorun should start in Windows, launch the setup

3.1) If not, check in system devices, a new device with drivers should be there

4) Retry KonstaT guide

4.1) Not working again? Try installing Prestodus drivers and refollow KonstaT guide

It should work now ;)

Hi folks,

I too had the bootloader driver issue - brand new phone from Virgin. Followed the above instructions, ie installed the drivers from the phone's own virtual CD-ROM, that got adb working, then after adb reboot bootloader, installed Prestodus fastboot drivers. All worked well and I was able to boot CWM over fastboot to backup the entire phone before I start playing with it :D

Many thanks.

Edited by x19er

• 3 weeks later...
Guest miniy0u

You can probably 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17' but I haven't tested that.

Would like to confirm this. Had the <waiting for device> problem, and this sorted if out. Much easier for me: first adb push for moving the .img, and then adb shell to get the prompt. Executed the command and it was done in seconds.

Of course confirmed by rebooting into recovery. Did a nandroid backup w/o probs.

Thanks!

Edited by miniy0u

Guest JK-FINN

I installed the Superuser without flashing the clockwork recovery, so now I'm rooted even though Clockwork doesn't work, and that's what I wanted. Case closed.

How exactly did you get Superuser to work?

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

I too have the same problem, always lose clockwork recovery after boot. Phone only gets to FTM or stock recovery.

When I got the phone, it had b10 inside.

I tried b8 from here

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Finland/

and generic update b10 from here

but with same results: no luck, still loses CWM at boot.

Any help, or other ways to root, so I can try to delete those files KonstaT recommended?

(The phone is from Elisa in Finland)

Guest JK-FINN

I finally managed to install Clockwork recovery (check post #72).

First I downgraded to b8 (to be able to root)

then I rooted with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v16.zip.

http://tech2.hu/zte-blade-iii-root-leiras-17455

After that I renamed 2 files as per KonstaT's instructions

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.

After that I just followed the instructions from the first post, adb and fastboot, you know the dance. CM10.1 running in the phone, now :)

BTW.

To get the fastboot drivers to work (win64) I had to use the drivers from inside the phone and a usb2 port, not a usb3 port. In fastboot I had to wait something like 10 seconds to find the phone, I used fastboot devices -command to see when the connection to phone is ready.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JK-FINN
Do you happen to have this file stored? It is not available from that site anymore unfortunately.

Yes, it is.

Finland Blade III SD card upgrading instruction & software package(Elisa)(2012-10-10)

Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v16

https://mega.co.nz/#...wugOa7GUBn5LJBU

(

EDIT: added a backup link for b8, just to be sure in the future:

https://mega.co.nz/#...h1j4f1igVmlHq9w

)

Edited by JK-FINN